SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#149328 - 10/10/03 09:58 PM While were at it, another gimmick
Sesom163 Offline

Tonight at the bar some guy came and sat next to me while I was playing. I dont know how it came about, but he was kinda drunk and his friends wanted him to do something with me. I started jamming in the pentatonic scale and told the guy to play black notes. Everyone dug that he was playing and that his playing actually sounded good (didnt realize i was a "trick") ANyways, including the guy really psyched them up and I think that contributed to my tips. If you can get someone involved it almost ALWAYS will increase tips!

Ses

#149329 - 10/13/03 02:30 AM Re: While were at it, another gimmick
MacAllcock Offline

Loc: Preston, Lancashire, England
nice

#149330 - 10/13/03 05:53 AM Re: While were at it, another gimmick
The Pro Offline

Loc: Atlanta, Georgia
I was looking for a place to post this thought and you gave it to me...

Last week my wife and I got to play around with a new Yamaha PSR-K1 arranger, and we were impressed - almost enough to buy one (maybe for the wife for Christmas). My wife has relatively few keyboard abilities so she really liked this cute feature called "Performance Assistant" where you call up a song (MIDI file) and then just play anything on the keyboard and it sounds out notes/chords in the correct key, no matter what you play. I've been wondering if the Perforamnce Assistant would work off of a live MIDI input, such as from my stage keyboard. If so then I could have people from the audience jam with me on it, or even have my wife to do a duo with me now and then. The owner's manual for the K1 doesn't say if the Performance Assistant will work from a live MIDI input signal - only that it works off of any MIDI file.

So I'm wondering if anyone happens to know if the PSR-K1's Performance Assistant will work and read chordings from a live MIDI input?

#149331 - 10/13/03 06:01 AM Re: While were at it, another gimmick
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
George Kaye reviewed it briefly a while back. He may know.
DonM

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online