SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#211992 - 08/27/04 03:43 PM Tyros: Can you turn LOCAL OFF for a single style chanel
chony Offline

Loc: New York
I'm currently using my Tyros with Cubase and would like to keep all my Tyros instruments playing except for the drum tracks which I want sent via MIDI to my VSTi (VST computer Plug in instrument).

Now I notice under FUNCTION>MIDI>SYSTEM that I can turn local control off (and thus mute yet send MIDI control) for the whole style. But what if I only want to turn local control off for the Rhythm track only but use the Tyros for everything else? Can it be done?

(I guess one way to do it would be to send the rhythm track out of a sub which is connected to nothing - and mute it that way -- and it would still send the MIDI signal. But that's kind of a backward way of doing things.)

#211993 - 08/27/04 08:03 PM Re: Tyros: Can you turn LOCAL OFF for a single style chanel
oleg7 Offline

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
I imagine that you could simply turn down the volume for the drum track to zero.

#211994 - 08/27/04 08:31 PM Re: Tyros: Can you turn LOCAL OFF for a single style chanel
mdorantes Offline

Loc: Queretaro, Mexico
Hi, here my 2 cents.....the only problem with turning the volume down.....you will be transmiting also that to the midi channel in question via midi.....(controler either 11 ( expression) or 7 (volume).

------------------
mdorantes

#211995 - 08/28/04 09:20 AM Re: Tyros: Can you turn LOCAL OFF for a single style chanel
mdorantes Offline

Loc: Queretaro, Mexico
I just remember that in the Korg PA 60 secuencer, it has a internal/external control, so it will play either source or both, since I do not own a Yamaha board, perhaps is "hidden" somewhere this function.

------------------
mdorantes

#211996 - 08/28/04 06:45 PM Re: Tyros: Can you turn LOCAL OFF for a single style chanel
chony Offline

Thanks Oleg but that would not work. Firstly bc of the reason mdorantes mentioned, and secondly because as soon as you change the style - it would jump straight back up again.

So if anyone knows of any hidden solutions, t'would be greatly appreciated!

#211997 - 09/05/04 12:04 PM Re: Tyros: Can you turn LOCAL OFF for a single style chanel
chony Offline

BUMP

Just bumping this to the top again. I really need a solution to this - so if anyone has any ideas, please let me know. (See my original posting). Thanks.

#211998 - 09/05/04 01:06 PM Re: Tyros: Can you turn LOCAL OFF for a single style chanel
drdalet Offline

Loc: Amersfoort, Netherlands
Hi Chony.
I don't know if I understand correctly what you want to do. My guess is: you want to play a style on Tyros, turn local off, send MIDI to Cubase AND BACK to Tyros EXCEPT for the drums - that would be MIDIchannel 10.
So that would mean you use CUBASE as a MIDIfilter. So if you send ALL channels from TYROS to CUBASE but ALL channels except MIDIchannel 10 back to Tyros, it will play all channels except drums.
At the same time you want MIDIchannel 10 to be played by the Cubase plug-in.
If that's correct you have to look in Cubase if you can do that, not in Tyros.

------------------
drdalet

[This message has been edited by drdalet (edited 09-05-2004).]

#211999 - 09/05/04 11:04 PM Re: Tyros: Can you turn LOCAL OFF for a single style chanel
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
The easiest way it to route all the "silent" tracks to the aux outs. Use midi to control the destinations sounds, and nothing from the Tyros aux's will be fed to the mixer. Simple - 1*2*3!

#212000 - 09/06/04 02:02 AM Re: Tyros: Can you turn LOCAL OFF for a single style chanel
chony Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Dave:
The easiest way it to route all the "silent" tracks to the aux outs. Use midi to control the destinations sounds, and nothing from the Tyros aux's will be fed to the mixer. Simple - 1*2*3!

Yep Uncle,

It seems that's the only way to do it. That's what I've been doing until now, I was just hoping that there was a better way to scratch my left ear than with my right foot.

#212001 - 09/06/04 04:02 AM Re: Tyros: Can you turn LOCAL OFF for a single style chanel
drdalet Offline

Loc: Amersfoort, Netherlands
Quote:
Originally posted by chony:
...to scratch my left ear than with my right foot.

Please send a picture !

------------------
drdalet

[This message has been edited by drdalet (edited 09-06-2004).]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online