SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#210830 - 01/01/06 12:59 AM Re: What are you doing New Year's Eve?
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Hello

Had a great NYE performing at the Fish Out Of Water at the Water Color Inn Resort in Santa Rosa Beach.

Played as a duo with a sax man from 6:30-8:30 then with a Big Band from 8:30-12:30.
http://www.watercolorinn.com/dining_fish.asp

Happy New Year!
Scott Langholff
http://ScottLMusic.com

#210831 - 01/01/06 02:44 PM Re: What are you doing New Year's Eve?
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Oops! A little late.. BUT, better late than never as they say.

Btw, Happy New Year everyone!

As to Don's question I had a quiet, restful, peaceful night at home with the family.

So none of this - More like this -

You can have New Years Eve gigs if you want. I prefer to spend it in a more 'leisurely' way with friends and family. But more power to you if you don't mind the frenzy.

I hope no one got their Keyboard drenched by good ol' Bud or Samuel. Or... What's that others first name?? Humm.. Not sure. Anyway, his last name's Miller..

PS: Liquid is murder on Keyboards. That includes Beer and Booze. It might be intuitive to put a sign on your keyboard like the ones on Firetrucks saying: "Keep 300 Feet Back." I dare say though that anyone inebriated probably wouldn't be able to see very well anyway or could care less. In that case if you see someone charging with a bottle or glass in his or her hands you may want to turn your Keyboard off immediately, even if it's in the middle of a song and the Dance floor is buzzing. Better safe than sorry as they always say. You can always start the song over and most likely they'd never know the difference anyway. [img]http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/biggrin.gif[/img] Besides, if you're in a Band the Drummer or Guitarist could cover for you.. lol

It's a poor proposition if you make $300.00 a night and lose a $3,000 dollar Keyboard in the process. [img]http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/frown.gif[/img]

All I can say is be careful if you do New Years Eve gigs. [img]http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/wink.gif[/img]

Best regards,
Mike

[This message has been edited by keybplayer (edited 01-01-2006).]

#210832 - 01/01/06 02:46 PM Re: What are you doing New Year's Eve?
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Well here I am still up at the ski resort in Big Bear CA. Last night's New Years Eve job went great. Everyone partied hard and loved the band. What more could we ask for. I am typing this now on a laptop in the lobby of the ski resort. I just wanted to check on how everything was here on the forum while I am away. I hope you all had a great New Years Eve whether or not you were playing.

#210833 - 01/02/06 06:32 AM Re: What are you doing New Year's Eve?
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I successfully did the "double", playing the PSR2000 for 21/2 hours, then hurrying to the other job where I had my main gear set up to work from 8 to midnight, which turned out to be 8 to 1:30.
Then, last night I played an outdoor birthday bash, on a boat dock on a lake near my house. Fortunately the temperature is in the 80's here so it was very nice. Again, I had to play an extra hour. All in all, an enjoyable and very lucrative weekend!
Happy New Year to all!
DonM

#210834 - 01/02/06 03:26 PM Re: What are you doing New Year's Eve?
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi,
hubby & I spent a quiet evening at home watching an ABC documentry " A Long Way to the Top if You Want to Rock n' Roll.
Amazing to see so many of the 60's aussie artists performing. Some of them still looked fantastic nearly 40 years down the track.
Nigel, if you're around, do you remember some of these familiar names
Billy Thorpe & the Aztecs ( he still looks fantastic)
Masters Apprentices
Max Merrit & the Meteors
The Twighlights
Normie Rowe
John Paul Young
Ross Wilson
etc etc
Brings back great memories. Also shows we're getting on in years ( haahaa)

best wishes
Rikki

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#210835 - 01/02/06 10:14 PM Re: What are you doing New Year's Eve?
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Quote:
Originally posted by rikkisbears:
Nigel, if you're around, do you remember some of these familiar names
Billy Thorpe & the Aztecs
etc etc
Brings back great memories. Also shows we're getting on in years ( haahaa)

Oh yeah Rikki all those names are extremely familiar to me. Thorpie especially as I saw him live on a number of occasions, always a great all round performer singing and playing guitar in front of his band.

Hey 1965 doesn't seem all that long ago ..... or was it ???

#210836 - 01/03/06 02:19 AM Re: What are you doing New Year's Eve?
Route 66 Offline

Loc: Braganca, Portugal
It was nice to hear about everybody's NYE!

My New Year gig went really well. After 5 years playing at the same place, this year it was time for a change. I entertained a group of 100/120 people in a small hotel, from 8 pm to 5 am (!) [dinner + dance]. Friendly atmosphere; I received several compliments about the performance. Here are a couple of pics...

-- José.

#210837 - 01/03/06 04:17 AM Re: What are you doing New Year's Eve?
Songman55 Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD USA
I did my double on New Year's Eve and then a party on Sunday night that's been a yearly thing. All in all, a great weekend, especially after spending a week in Florida. While visiting a relative in an assisted living facility in Bradenton, I played the piano and the activities director offered to book me anytime I was in the area. Guess I'll be going down there fairly often.

Salud,

Joe

------------------
Songman55
Joe Ayala

#210838 - 01/03/06 01:02 PM Re: What are you doing New Year's Eve?
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Nigel,
scary isn't it, seems like only yesterday.
Actually he and 2 of his original band members performed his rendition of "Somewhere Over The Rainbow". He still sounds & looks great.

best wishes
Rikki

Quote:
Originally posted by Nigel:
Oh yeah Rikki all those names are extremely familiar to me. Thorpie especially as I saw him live on a number of occasions, always a great all round performer singing and playing guitar in front of his band.

Hey 1965 doesn't seem all that long ago ..... or was it ???

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#210839 - 01/03/06 03:15 PM Re: What are you doing New Year's Eve?
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Route 66 ... 8PM to 5 AM ?!?!?!? ...
Those people like to PARTEEEEE !!! laugh
t.

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online