SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#210810 - 12/26/05 06:00 AM Re: What are you doing New Year's Eve?
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
This is my last New Year's Eve Party at home. It will be the usual deal, 40 to 50 people, steamed jumbo shrimp, fillet mignon, crab balls, grilled kabasa-bobs, other finger foods and lots of Kickapoo Joy Juice. I've been putting the party on for about 15 years now, and every year I have to turn down lots of bucks--so this is where it will end. Next year, I'm not turning down the high-paying, private parties.

Nigel, I didn't know you were into swingin' with them snow bunnies. Whoa! Don't know if this old man could handle two days of young gals paradin' around in Spandex--I gotta' think about that one.

Happy New Year everyone,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#210811 - 12/26/05 06:32 AM Re: What are you doing New Year's Eve?
Riceroni9 Offline

Loc: TX, USA
Don:

You're right! There is a country song in that story somewhere. I'll be in Glen Rose, Texas visiting family in that great little town. Hope the "gig" goes well. I'm kinda worried about your guitar player. Keep an eye on him. Surgery takes time for recovery.
Glad "Semilive" is waiting in the wings.

Have a great time and a fabulous 2006.

All my best, RICE

#210812 - 12/26/05 07:33 AM Re: What are you doing New Year's Eve?
korg4god Offline

Loc: Dodge City, Kansas 67801
Going to my co-workers which are church friends (I work at a church) to play some games. Small town, what do you expect?

"Sing"cerely,

Jeff

Dodge City Schools -USD 443
Forte Music School

http://forte.musicteachershelper.com

#210813 - 12/26/05 07:55 AM Re: What are you doing New Year's Eve?
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
From 5:00 until 8:00, I'll be at a place recently opened by a friend of mine, called, get this, George's Country Cookin. Then, from 9:00 until 12:00, I'll be at my normal New Year's job at a local country club.

My friend, George, is also the owner of one of the better Chinese restaurants in town.

He speaks very marginal English. His host is Genero, a former owner of an Italian restaurant around the corner that recently closed. He looks and sounds like the guy with white streaks in his hair on the Surpranos. The chef is a Mexican. Several of the servers are from Tieland (sp?). The only country music I enjoy playing is from the country of Brazil! What a hoot! George and Genero do local call-in commercials. When George says, "Y'all come back, now", it hilarious!

I'm going to change my name to "Buck" Lay for the evening.

These guys are good friends and I will have a great time!

Hope you folks do, too!

"Buck" Russ

#210814 - 12/27/05 06:54 AM Re: What are you doing New Year's Eve?
Craig_UK Offline

Loc: UK
I'll be playing at a private function taking the Tyros 2 out for the first time. I've spent the last month or so setting it all up, creating about 100 custom voices, some new multipads and registration memories, so fingers crossed it performs well in a live environment. Got my G1000 in reserve as well just in case. I've got a lift there and back so I can have a drink and get merry afterwards, makes a change as keyboard players usually have to stay drunk free!!

#210815 - 12/27/05 08:03 AM Re: What are you doing New Year's Eve?
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
My annual New Year's Eve "3 gig" schedule:

4:00-6:00pm New Year's Dinner Asst: Living Community
7:00-9:00pm New Years Eve Party: Retirement Community
10:00-1:00pm New Years Eve Bash: Exclusive Country Club

Clocks at first 2 gig venues will be moved forward, with me Ringing in 2006, not once, not twice, but three times in one evening:

First two venues: Solo (w/ Tyros2). Country Club gig: Female Vocalist & Sax-horn Player featured. Travel time between gigs: 10 minutes.

Scott

#210816 - 12/27/05 08:23 AM Re: What are you doing New Year's Eve?
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:
Travel time between gigs: 10 minutes.

I was wondering how you'd pull off that schedule, Scott. Good for you, that's pretty cool!

------------------
Bill
Yamaha PSR2000

#210817 - 12/27/05 10:50 AM Re: What are you doing New Year's Eve?
GlennT Offline

Loc: Medina, OH, USA
I'm gonna make the rounds and crash all the parties you guys are doing... wouldn't that be nice. Actually, just an early evening 2 hours at a senior facility... easy.

Eddie, don't burn the bridge with your singer, you may want to 'unring that bell' if your voice ever goes out again.

Happy New Year to all.

Glenn

#210818 - 12/27/05 11:11 AM Re: What are you doing New Year's Eve?
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Eddie...what part of Kentucky did your singer move to? If it's near or in Lexington, I might be able to help with some connections.

Russ

#210819 - 12/28/05 08:22 AM Re: What are you doing New Year's Eve?
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
WOOOOOH, my N.Y. eve job was just cancelled, because of lack of interest. It was $150. a couple, so I guess a lot of people thought that was too high.
Oh well, I do have a contract so I'll get paid to stay home this year!
DonM

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online