SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#208743 - 05/23/07 10:01 AM Re: KETRON SD1+ whats your easiest Registration, One Touch, Smf SETUP methods for stage
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
Ketrons "one touch" is different than yammy & roland & casio.

Many manufacturers give a suggested list of songs and when you press "one touch" it matches a style and suggested sounds to that particular song.. 6/8 equals unchained melody... some people don't get it right away...

Ketron's one touch is only designed to store 80 of your favorite sounds or layered combinations and have access to them via "one touch". 8 pages, 10 sound choices line up next to the function buttons.

------------------
http://www.esnips.com/web/SongsfromDanO
ketrondan@yahoo.com or keyboardcity@yahoo.com

#208744 - 05/23/07 06:02 PM Re: KETRON SD1+ whats your easiest Registration, One Touch, Smf SETUP methods for stage
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
i've been trying to figure this out, but I think I'm correct on this, when playing a style on the sd5 or 1, u can't search or select a middifile until you stop the style.

#208745 - 05/24/07 08:48 AM Re: KETRON SD1+ whats your easiest Registration, One Touch, Smf SETUP methods for stage
Dnj Offline

Frank Im sure Dan O will chime in and have an answer for ya soon.Maybe there is a workaround.

#208746 - 05/24/07 08:59 AM Re: KETRON SD1+ whats your easiest Registration, One Touch, Smf SETUP methods for stage
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
I think Franks observation is correct...

Nature of the beast ? I think so .

#208747 - 05/24/07 09:30 AM Re: KETRON SD1+ whats your easiest Registration, One Touch, Smf SETUP methods for stage
Dnj Offline

Would be interesting to hear some answers from other owners on different boards regarding this also. I can see the seperation of playing a style & a smf at once with two modes running together...but search too? I'll check it out & report back on the 3k.

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 05-24-2007).]

#208748 - 05/24/07 04:44 PM Re: KETRON SD1+ whats your easiest Registration, One Touch, Smf SETUP methods for stage
frankieve Offline

I know that Yamaha allows it, and of course Roland. Korg allows it but you need to stop the arranger and select song before it will play.

if Ketron could allow the midjay to do it why not the SD series.

------------------
I've owned
Roland G800
Roland G1000
Roland EM2000
Roland G70

Tyros 1
Tyros 2

Korg i3
Korg PA80
Korg PA1xpro

Generalmusic WK

Ketron SD1
Ketron MidJay
If you need a TV give me a call www.AudioworksCT.com

#208749 - 05/25/07 08:14 PM Re: KETRON SD1+ whats your easiest Registration, One Touch, Smf SETUP methods for stage
GlennT Offline

Loc: Medina, OH, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by frankieve:
when playing a style on the sd5, u can't search or select a middifile until you stop the style.

Not so. Press Disk and the contents of the current folder will show up, which you can search with the Data Curser arrows. If you are in Registration Mode, first press .

Glenn

#208750 - 05/26/07 05:08 AM Re: KETRON SD1+ whats your easiest Registration, One Touch, Smf SETUP methods for stage
frankieve Offline

That's right I forgot about that.

I'm not in front of one right now, but once you search a file that way, how quick can you get it to play once your done with your style.?

There should be a single button push especially in a performing set-up.

I assume that the Audya will address allot of these questions

#208751 - 05/26/07 06:11 AM Re: KETRON SD1+ whats your easiest Registration, One Touch, Smf SETUP methods for stage
GlennT Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by frankieve:
how quick can you get it to play once your done with your style?

Immediately. Press (F2) then , or simply press twice.

#208752 - 05/26/07 06:50 AM Re: KETRON SD1+ whats your easiest Registration, One Touch, Smf SETUP methods for stage
GlennT Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
What is the best & easiest way to set up & NAVAGATE the SD1+ for performing on stage?

Put everything into registrations... styles, specific song, and SMFs... and all in the same folder. You don't want to be changing folders while performing and you can enter 999 files into one folder. I use single registrations rather than global, since with single you can go to disc and see what's there, with global you cannot.

I would suggest putting all your favorite "bread and butter" styles, the ones you'll be using all the time, into the first 20, or how many you want, registrations. They're numbered by when they're entered. Then enter whatever specific songs you've arranged and SMFs.

You'll also want to utilize the One Touch feature. It provides 8 Banks each having 10 user assigned voices. You can, for example have Bank 1 loaded with your favorite voices for ballads, foxtrot, etc... Bank 2 with blues voices, and so on.

A cool feature with the SD1 is the ability to include audio clips, up to 15 seconds, with a midi file. Learn how to do this so you can explain it to me. Dan... that would be a great thing to have up on the youtube site.

Glenn

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online