KETRON SD1+ whats your easiest Registration, One Touch, Smf SETUP methods for stage

Posted by: Dnj

KETRON SD1+ whats your easiest Registration, One Touch, Smf SETUP methods for stage - 05/23/07 04:49 AM

I've been reading the online manuals.......What is the best & easiest way to set up & NAVAGATE the SD1+ for performing on stage in regards to Registrations, One Touch sounds, & Smf loading, listing & live access?
Any tips appreciated.
Posted by: DanO1

Re: KETRON SD1+ whats your easiest Registration, One Touch, Smf SETUP methods for stage - 05/23/07 06:04 AM

#1. When editing a style, such as sound volumne, reverb, panning etc..you can instanly save those changes by pressing save/enter and F2 for "styles", you can rename and save your customization, without using registrations.

Midi playback

#2.All midi files can be saved to a folder on the hard drive for instant access. Juke Box mode allows you to play a midi & search for another in real time. Once a midi files is copied to the hard drive, you can play back, make edits and instantly save the changes, without losing the original sequence.

One Button called the "drum & bass" button will instantly take all parts off a midi sequence except for drum and bass parts. Nice feature for playing piano over a drum & bass track, like elton john, billy joel style songs... very handy for playing with a duo ...

More later .........

[This message has been edited by DanO1 (edited 05-23-2007).]

Re: KETRON SD1+ whats your easiest Registration, One Touch, Smf SETUP methods for stage - 05/23/07 06:09 AM

Dan as always thanx so much for your indepth information.....keep it coming.

Re: KETRON SD1+ whats your easiest Registration, One Touch, Smf SETUP methods for stage - 05/23/07 06:15 AM

Also.. Ketron USA now has a You Tube website.
Have a question on how to do something ? Just submit the question and we'll post the "how to" on the youtube website !

------------------
http://www.esnips.com/web/SongsfromDanO
ketrondan@yahoo.com or keyboardcity@yahoo.com

Re: KETRON SD1+ whats your easiest Registration, One Touch, Smf SETUP methods for stage - 05/23/07 06:21 AM

You Tube ketron..? great idea for sure...I'll check it out asap.

what the you tube address for the site?

also...........

Just wondering on the SD1+.....?
Is it possible to turn the Vocalizer
On & Off using a standard "single" type foot pedal.....or do you have to use the 6 or 13 Ketron pedal only?

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 05-23-2007).]
Posted by: DonM

Re: KETRON SD1+ whats your easiest Registration, One Touch, Smf SETUP methods for stage - 05/23/07 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DanO1:
Also.. Ketron USA now has a You Tube website.
Have a question on how to do something ? Just submit the question and we'll post the "how to" on the youtube website !

When I click your link it says "the folder is not accessible or had been removed".
DonM

[This message has been edited by DonM (edited 05-23-2007).]

Re: KETRON SD1+ whats your easiest Registration, One Touch, Smf SETUP methods for stage - 05/23/07 08:44 AM

We have not posted anything on the youtube site.. Soon...

looks like I made the site ketrondan vs. ketron keyboards... http://youtube.com/profile?user=Ketrondan

[This message has been edited by DanO1 (edited 05-23-2007).]

Re: KETRON SD1+ whats your easiest Registration, One Touch, Smf SETUP methods for stage - 05/23/07 09:30 AM

Great Idea Dan cant wait to view them as they become posted. Hopefully other manufacturers will take your lead....it will help so many people with their gear....
A Video is Worth a Thousand Words & beyond
Posted by: DonM

Re: KETRON SD1+ whats your easiest Registration, One Touch, Smf SETUP methods for stage - 05/23/07 09:41 AM

I've been trying to get help with the Midjay for several weeks. I've emailed Ketron.it and AJ, plus posted on several forums. No response.
Here's the question in case anyone knows the answer. http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum22/HTML/001091.html
DonM

Re: KETRON SD1+ whats your easiest Registration, One Touch, Smf SETUP methods for stage - 05/23/07 09:54 AM

As soon as I get chance, I'll unpack my Sd1 and post some insight on how I utilize the keyboard and post on youtube tomorrow or late tonight. USA distributor for Ketron will have a website on-line in the near future as well..

------------------

Re: KETRON SD1+ whats your easiest Registration, One Touch, Smf SETUP methods for stage - 05/23/07 10:01 AM

Ketrons "one touch" is different than yammy & roland & casio.

Many manufacturers give a suggested list of songs and when you press "one touch" it matches a style and suggested sounds to that particular song.. 6/8 equals unchained melody... some people don't get it right away...

Ketron's one touch is only designed to store 80 of your favorite sounds or layered combinations and have access to them via "one touch". 8 pages, 10 sound choices line up next to the function buttons.

------------------
Posted by: frankieve

Re: KETRON SD1+ whats your easiest Registration, One Touch, Smf SETUP methods for stage - 05/23/07 06:02 PM

i've been trying to figure this out, but I think I'm correct on this, when playing a style on the sd5 or 1, u can't search or select a middifile until you stop the style.

Re: KETRON SD1+ whats your easiest Registration, One Touch, Smf SETUP methods for stage - 05/24/07 08:48 AM

Frank Im sure Dan O will chime in and have an answer for ya soon.Maybe there is a workaround.

Re: KETRON SD1+ whats your easiest Registration, One Touch, Smf SETUP methods for stage - 05/24/07 08:59 AM

I think Franks observation is correct...

Nature of the beast ? I think so .

Re: KETRON SD1+ whats your easiest Registration, One Touch, Smf SETUP methods for stage - 05/24/07 09:30 AM

Would be interesting to hear some answers from other owners on different boards regarding this also. I can see the seperation of playing a style & a smf at once with two modes running together...but search too? I'll check it out & report back on the 3k.

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 05-24-2007).]

Re: KETRON SD1+ whats your easiest Registration, One Touch, Smf SETUP methods for stage - 05/24/07 04:44 PM

I know that Yamaha allows it, and of course Roland. Korg allows it but you need to stop the arranger and select song before it will play.

if Ketron could allow the midjay to do it why not the SD series.

------------------
I've owned
Roland G800
Roland G1000
Roland EM2000
Roland G70

Tyros 1
Tyros 2

Korg i3
Korg PA80
Korg PA1xpro

Generalmusic WK

Ketron SD1
Ketron MidJay
If you need a TV give me a call www.AudioworksCT.com
Posted by: GlennT

Re: KETRON SD1+ whats your easiest Registration, One Touch, Smf SETUP methods for stage - 05/25/07 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by frankieve:
when playing a style on the sd5, u can't search or select a middifile until you stop the style.

Not so. Press Disk and the contents of the current folder will show up, which you can search with the Data Curser arrows. If you are in Registration Mode, first press .

Glenn

Re: KETRON SD1+ whats your easiest Registration, One Touch, Smf SETUP methods for stage - 05/26/07 05:08 AM

That's right I forgot about that.

I'm not in front of one right now, but once you search a file that way, how quick can you get it to play once your done with your style.?

There should be a single button push especially in a performing set-up.

I assume that the Audya will address allot of these questions

Re: KETRON SD1+ whats your easiest Registration, One Touch, Smf SETUP methods for stage - 05/26/07 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by frankieve:
how quick can you get it to play once your done with your style?

Immediately. Press (F2) then , or simply press twice.

Re: KETRON SD1+ whats your easiest Registration, One Touch, Smf SETUP methods for stage - 05/26/07 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
What is the best & easiest way to set up & NAVAGATE the SD1+ for performing on stage?

Put everything into registrations... styles, specific song, and SMFs... and all in the same folder. You don't want to be changing folders while performing and you can enter 999 files into one folder. I use single registrations rather than global, since with single you can go to disc and see what's there, with global you cannot.

I would suggest putting all your favorite "bread and butter" styles, the ones you'll be using all the time, into the first 20, or how many you want, registrations. They're numbered by when they're entered. Then enter whatever specific songs you've arranged and SMFs.

You'll also want to utilize the One Touch feature. It provides 8 Banks each having 10 user assigned voices. You can, for example have Bank 1 loaded with your favorite voices for ballads, foxtrot, etc... Bank 2 with blues voices, and so on.

A cool feature with the SD1 is the ability to include audio clips, up to 15 seconds, with a midi file. Learn how to do this so you can explain it to me. Dan... that would be a great thing to have up on the youtube site.

Glenn

Re: KETRON SD1+ whats your easiest Registration, One Touch, Smf SETUP methods for stage - 05/26/07 12:10 PM

I'd love to see the SD1+ registration procdure & real time callup done step by step explained or on video....

Re: KETRON SD1+ whats your easiest Registration, One Touch, Smf SETUP methods for stage - 05/26/07 04:05 PM

http://youtube.com/profile?user=ketronkeyboards
Posted by: Ketron_AJ

Re: KETRON SD1+ whats your easiest Registration, One Touch, Smf SETUP methods for stage - 05/26/07 06:48 PM

GlennT

With the SD5, you can now display the BLOCK REGISTRATIONS right above your finger-tips. Next to the 16 tabs on the left, press SELECT MODE and press F5 to change the selection mode to REGISTRATION. Press EXIT to get back to the default page. Whenever you press the REGISTRATION button, the bottom/balance part of the screen now displays your first 16 BLOCK REGISTRATIONS (by name). You can use the 16 multi-tabs to the left to access any of the displayed registers... to access the next bank, simply press the style numeric group buttons 1-0).
AJ

Re: KETRON SD1+ whats your easiest Registration, One Touch, Smf SETUP methods for stage - 05/26/07 07:14 PM

Quote:

Dan thanx so much great stuff keep em coming this is what helps people with their units seeing is learning!!

Thank You

Re: KETRON SD1+ whats your easiest Registration, One Touch, Smf SETUP methods for stage - 05/26/07 07:57 PM

What a great learning assist. Dan, do you know how to inject an audio clip into a midi file on the SD1? If not, don't feel bad, not many of us do! If yes, could you provide us a video on how to? That would be great.

Glenn

Re: KETRON SD1+ whats your easiest Registration, One Touch, Smf SETUP methods for stage - 05/26/07 08:45 PM

Glen I think AJ showed me this technique one time but I forgot how he did it? although it was very kool & unique having the WAV kick in to the SMF...I dont think any other arranger KB can do this !
maybe he'll chime in and explain.

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 05-27-2007).]

Re: KETRON SD1+ whats your easiest Registration, One Touch, Smf SETUP methods for stage - 05/27/07 08:54 AM

The one thing I know about wav sync is that all files need to have the same name. If your trying to sync with a style, the style name & sample name have to be exact...
If your syncing a wav to midi file, the midi file and sample have to have exact names...

When using a style, you need to have a 4 measure sample for a 4 measure variation of the style...