SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#207609 - 09/08/01 12:30 PM KBs on ebay
naziz Offline

Loc: liverpool, Uk
Is it safe to buy KBs advertised on ebay? What are the pitfalls? Do you have a happy or a sad story buying from ebay to share with the group?
N Aziz

#207610 - 09/08/01 03:22 PM Re: KBs on ebay
Guardman2001 Offline

Loc: USA
Naziz. I have purchased 2 keyboards on ebay and sold one w/ no problems. You can get a good deal if you bide your time. Check out the sellers feedback profile and use your head. The last one I bought, I got a real good buy and the guy didn't even have any feedback, but I emailed him and we talked on the phone before I sent him the money. I buy most all of my stuff on ebay now. Good luck.

#207611 - 09/08/01 03:42 PM Re: KBs on ebay
Nobby Offline

Loc: Palmyra Mo. U.S.A.
Hi naziz,
I've bought a keyboard, a powersupply, & a
KB stand on eBay! No problems. Check their feedback! Check if it's positive or negitive.Check to see what people who have had dealings with them have to say! Don't deal with those who have any neg. feedback! If you don't understand something e-mail them. Find out all you want to know about the item before you bid.
Hope this helps.
All the best,
Nobby

------------------

[This message has been edited by Nobby (edited 09-08-2001).]

#207612 - 09/08/01 07:23 PM Re: KBs on ebay
Beakybird Offline

Check for bad feedback. If seller has little or no feedback be careful, check to see if seller accepts escrow service (payment when delivery is made) or try to contact personally and see if you get excellent vibes.
If you can pay through an electronic billing service such as Paypal and you can pay by credit card, this offers you more protection.
Ebay and Paypal guarantee their purchases for a modest amount (I think around $200). Paypal has a way of credentialing honest power sellers, so sometimes it's ok to buy from someone you don't know off eBay.
You should be prudent and careful, but you needn't be paranoid.

Larry

#207613 - 09/14/01 08:26 AM Re: KBs on ebay
Stevizard Offline

Loc: Indianapolis, IN, USA
Naziz,

I've sold two keyboards on Ebay (a PSR9000 and a 9000PRO). They were both in MINT condition, and the buyers each wrote me how pleased they were with the keyboards after receiving them.

I've also bought LOTS of things from eBay. I've only had 1 problem, and even that wasn't serious. If you're looking for a Yamaha 9000PRO, mine will be for sale as soon as the new model is released.

Regards,
Steve

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online