SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#206744 - 12/19/05 06:39 AM Re: Let's hear those arrangers!
Mainer Offline

Loc: Saco, Me
Great job all you guys, some serious talent out there.

renig

I have to tell you I liked your song and Demo one hell of a lot. I had to crank up the volume all the way but was impressed with the song, vocals and the I30.

Jerry

[This message has been edited by Mainer (edited 12-19-2005).]

#206745 - 12/19/05 04:08 PM Re: Let's hear those arrangers!
Happy Birthday tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Originally posted by DanO1:
"Get it right" .... done completely on SD1. http://www.keyboardcity.net/audio/track%2001_56.mp3
The lead guitar parts where done using a volumne pedal and assigning thepedal to have
a "wha" effect .....
Hoping to get more right than wrong in 2006.
Dan O'

Dan ... I've got a dial up connection ... It says "Done" but nothing shows on the screen ...???
t.

#206746 - 12/19/05 04:36 PM Re: Let's hear those arrangers!
Happy Birthday tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Originally posted by tony mads usa:
Dan ... I've got a dial up connection ... It says "Done" but nothing shows on the screen ...???
t.

My bad ... didn't wait long enough ...
t.

#206747 - 12/19/05 06:39 PM Re: Let's hear those arrangers!
ccdmax Offline

Loc: South Jersey
Thank you guys for all your warm words.
It's really nice to be a part of such a great community.

The songs are great, however I didn't get a chance to hear Tony's W. Lola...
I guess Tony, your bandwidth got maxed out just like mine did a couple of days ago

Well, got to run. Funeral is on Friday and me and my wife are in charge of all the florist's orders and stuff.

Keep them songs comming. It's great to hear all your work and all of your arrangers. As a matter of fact, I started enjoying the music more and got to a conclusion that... it's not the equipment that matters, it's the heart behind that keyboard

cheers,

ccdmax

------------------
Korg Triton Extreme, PA1X Pro, Yamaha PSR730 (for sale)
Click to visit my website

#206748 - 12/20/05 04:16 AM Re: Let's hear those arrangers!
Riceroni9 Offline

Loc: TX, USA
CCDMax:

I had a look at your website. Nice job. It took a little while to load on my old dial-up disabled PC. Just got to hear bits and pieces of "Dream" but what I heard, I really enjoyed. Nice!

Sorry about your loss. My prayers are with you and your loved ones.

All my best, RICE (The Lone Arranger)

#206749 - 12/20/05 05:42 AM Re: Let's hear those arrangers!
guy n Offline

Loc: East coast United States
Hello, Newbie here. Well, not so much a newbie because I have been reading this forum for a while. Very informative and interesting to say the least.
I have finally gotten the courage to submit something I played but need some help in how to work things out on yousendit.com.
I see that a number of you use that site to post your music, so if one of you could provide instructions I would be most appreciative.
Thank you,
Guy

#206750 - 12/20/05 10:10 AM Re: Let's hear those arrangers!
Eric, B Offline

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
Sorry to hear about your loss ccdmax.

I lost a grandpa a while back who had raised me. So I know how you feel.

Eric

#206751 - 12/20/05 10:21 AM Re: Let's hear those arrangers!
renig Online   content

Loc: Canada
Sorry to hear of your loss, ccdmax. Your grandad may be gone, but the love will live on forever.

Jerry: Thanks for your kind comments re. my Korg i30 efforts.

#206752 - 12/20/05 10:31 AM Re: Let's hear those arrangers!
renig Online   content

Loc: Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by jingleman:
I played the Korg PA1X directly into Adobe Audition. Lead guitar patch was then overdubbed on an additional track. http://s52.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=04IL74LQS3MI111PU8BVY1JFPL

Good punchy sound there, jingleman. Just got a question about that. I record my Korg i30 into Adobe Audition, but my recording skills (or lack thereof) somehow don't get me that 'punch' factor. Can you give us, in simple terms, how you set up your levels and what eq, etc. you're applying? It would be a great help. Thanks in advance,
Renig

#206753 - 12/20/05 10:58 AM Re: Let's hear those arrangers!
jingleman Offline

Loc: The Villages, FL, USA
Renig,

The Korg PA1X has a pretty punchy sound to begin with but, I still find that EQ and compression are necessary to maximize the sound I'm looking for. Adobe Audition has
some excellent compression and limiting presets. Under Amplitude effects there is one imparticular I like. It is called "Hard Limiting". I needed to back off some of the threshold setting a little but, this preset puts your track 'Right In Your Face". Great for radio spots and jingles where impact is necessary. Might be a bit much for all song production but, I've had success with tweaking the preset slightly for some song production. I just saw an article in "Mix" magazine showing a diagram of a song waveform mastered back in the 70's compared to a song waveform mastered today. The 70's mix was mastered very conservatively. The wave form for the new mix was..."Hard Limiting" preset all the way.

Good Luck,
Jingleman

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online