SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#162770 - 12/28/05 11:32 PM Tyros 2 : EQ & Compressor settings.
bharoux Offline

Hi,

As a recent happy T2 owner, I'm looking for a few advices to get more of a "live" sound than a "studio sound" for playing pop / rocks tunes. For home use however (...)

According to your experience, what are the best settings to achieve this with the EQ and Compressor parameters ?

Thank you for your suggestions.

Bruno

#162771 - 12/29/05 06:28 AM Re: Tyros 2 : EQ & Compressor settings.
Dnj Offline

I doubt you'll get a real live sound like the keron units but bump up your EQ high end a bit to give the drum sets some Sizzle that will help alot....another factor is your sound system too.

#162772 - 12/29/05 07:57 AM Re: Tyros 2 : EQ & Compressor settings.
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
I doubt you'll get a real live sound like the keron [sic] units

Donny, since you've owned your Ketron Midjay owner for a bit now, how about finally recording a song performed on it, and sharing it with us, to demonstrate your claim that Ketron sounds more realistically LIVE than Yamaha.

I've heard not a single SZ member produced song recorded on the Ketron Midjay yet, and don't recall in recent memory (past year) hearing a single sz member produced song recorded on the SD1, and NONE at all on the SD1+.

Interesting enough, even though the Yamaha Tyros2 was released around the same time (or perhaps even after) the Ketron Midjay , there are already a number of sz members who have recorded & contributed (here) songs performed on the Tyros2.

Considering the fact that there are quite a few sz members (Donny Pesce, Don Mason, Glenn Toth, . . . etc) who are Ketron keyboard owners, curious why there've been so little (or no) sz member produced songs performed on Ketron keyboards being shared here. Are you Ketron owners 'record-shy' or something? SZ Ketron owners, time to show us what you got, and just what your Ketron keyboard can really deliver. Hearing is believing.

- Scott

#162773 - 12/29/05 08:09 AM Re: Tyros 2 : EQ & Compressor settings.
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Scott I agree with you..

We all have heard the Tyros recordings...come on guys, let us hear something with good bass and drums...Even an X1 demo will show the difference..

Scott I am sure you know what the Ketron guys are referring to, when they say that "live sound"..

It's not that one is better than the other, they are just different, and some of us that have heard the two lines [Yamaha and Ketron], prefer the Ketron sound..

#162774 - 12/29/05 08:10 AM Re: Tyros 2 : EQ & Compressor settings.
Dnj Offline

Scott.........Ive been too busy this time of year to even think of recording songs.....although in January I will try to do a few when its calms down a bit.
Nothing to be curious about & refuse to get into a my KB is better then yours with anyone on here ever again after seeing the babyish attitudes we had here a few weeks back.....if I get around to recording a few demos I'll post if not, oh well. I stand by my decision to switch to Ketron for many reasons, all I know I love the Midjay & so do all my audiences at my shows.
Scott, can I help you with anything else at this time?

PS. Thank you for the Christmas card

#162775 - 12/29/05 09:18 AM Re: Tyros 2 : EQ & Compressor settings.
guy n Offline

Loc: East coast United States
I may be wrong, but didn't someone mention that the songs played by DanO1
http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum37/HTML/012350-2.html

are played on a Ketron?

guy

#162776 - 12/29/05 09:19 AM Re: Tyros 2 : EQ & Compressor settings.
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by guy n:
I may be wrong, but didn't someone mention that the songs played by DanO1
http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum37/HTML/012350-2.html

are played on a Ketron?

guy

Yes SD-1
http://www.keyboardcity.net/audio/track%2003_56.mp3

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 12-29-2005).]

#162777 - 12/29/05 10:10 AM Re: Tyros 2 : EQ & Compressor settings.
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
What I did to add more punch to T2 styles was to revoice them in User Styles using more edgy drums. Also, if you create a custom voice for some of the drums and change some of the paramters then map them to the styles, they sound really nice and contemporary.

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#162778 - 12/29/05 12:20 PM Re: Tyros 2 : EQ & Compressor settings.
bharoux Offline

Thanks. I'll try this.

And what about the speakers ?

What would be a good (better) alternative to the standard TRS set (for home use, and not for mixing purpose)?

Bruno

#162779 - 12/30/05 06:05 AM Re: Tyros 2 : EQ & Compressor settings.
Dnj Offline

Bruno, your gonna have to go out to dealers take YOUR KB and try playing at performance volume thru a few different systems & listen very closely when playing live & with SMF songs standing in front, behind, away & close .....this is a Personal decision for the musician that YOU ALONE have to make & BE HAPPY WITH with what it sounds like. Good Luck

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online