SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#205772 - 10/15/03 09:50 PM Supercharged Tyros mountable speaker system
Idatrod Offline

Loc: Oceanside, CA USA
Any chance Yamaha Music Division will make a supercharged speaker system for the Tyros???

I've listened to the speaker set they have now for the Tyros and I thought the sound was a bit muddy if you asked me. No presence or life to them IMO. I mean, as long as we can't have internal speakers on the Tyros I should think with all of Yamaha's know how that they could come up with an 'earth shaking' extraordinarily great sounding 3 piece speaker system for the Tyros if they so desired. I would be willing to pay upwards in the neighborhood of $500 myself for an outstanding 3 piece set. The screws are already in place and there is already the proprietary speaker inputs and outputs on the back of the Tyros that have gone to waste by many Tyros owners who don't want the sub-par speakers that are currently sold for the Tyros. Why not make a speaker system that is worthy of the Tyros's sounds? Yamaha could also make a different attach release hardware mechanism so the speakers could be attached and released without always having to unscrew, and screw the screws in and out when breaking them down and setting them up. With the more hassle free setup and takedown ability I would think even more people would be interested in buying this "Super" speaker system. And to top if off Yamaha could make an outstanding carrying case for the speaker system. I envision a Case with special compartments for the Satellites, a separate compartment for the Subwoofer with a side pocket for the Cables and with industrial strength zippers to zip the compartments and pocket[s] closed and open. The Case would look similar in style to these Airport luggage carrying 'racks' that people roll along on 'wheels' similar to like a Keyboard carrying case has. So this would be an ideal way to transport the supercharged Speaker System. You could carry or wheel the Tyros in its carrying case and wheel the speaker system right along with it with the other hand.

What do you all think? Should Yamaha invest in a Supercharged 3 piece speaker system for the Tyros or is it something you don't think is even necessary because you feel the current speaker system for the Tyros is adequate? Or perhaps you feel Yamaha would not do something so drastically advantageous for its customers anyway so why bother even dwelling on it and asking them for it? I mean, look where were getting with the "Repeat to Fill" function feature that was left out on the Tyros when using a common Foot Pedal like Yamaha's own FC4 and FC5 pedals? Yamaha has out and out balked at adding it in an OS update even though many, many people have requested it? Am I just casting dust to the wind with my request?

Best regards,
Mike

#205773 - 10/15/03 11:14 PM Re: Supercharged Tyros mountable speaker system
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for Yamaha to do that, but what a great idea for an aftermarket product. Shouldn't be hard to engineer for somebody like Gary D.
DonM

#205774 - 10/16/03 08:43 AM Re: Supercharged Tyros mountable speaker system
YamahaUS1 Offline

Loc: Buena Park, CA, USA
Check this out:
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/MSP5Bun/

------------------
Steve Deming
Assistant Manager
Customer Support Dept.
Pro Audio & Combo Division
Yamaha Corporation of America
YCASupport@yamaha.com

#205775 - 10/16/03 01:08 PM Re: Supercharged Tyros mountable speaker system
Idatrod Offline

Loc: Oceanside, CA USA
Thanks for the link Steve. I have the MSP5's already and I have been thinking about maybe getting the SW-305 Subwoofer. It would also require some type of stand for the MSP5's (for Gigging). Plus there is no carrying case for the package like I mentioned in my previous post. Plus I wanted to be able to use my MSP5's in 'conjunction' with the "supercharged" speakers - that would be hooked up to the proprietary inputs and outputs on the back of the Tyros. That would give me more bang for the buck I think because I would be implementing '4' speakers plus a Sub instead of the MSP5 YST bundle (2 speakers + Sub). The supercharged speakers + Sub "AND" my MSP5's. As we all know the Tyros does NOT have standard Aux Outputs so the only way to fulfill my 4 speaker needs (supercharged + MSP5's) would be for Yamaha to make a 'supercharged' speaker system and I could use the Main Outs for my MSP5's. Voila!! 4 speakers all running at once in Harmony.
The MSP5's and YST bundle would be a solution but not the solution I was hoping for and wanting. And of course from my previous post you know that I think about the current Tyros speaker set: it's not up to snuff IMO. But since Yamaha used proprietary inputs/outputs, ie., "hookups" - (from what I understand anyway) a 'supercharged' speaker system would be the ultimate expression of a fantastic sounding Keyboard and the only way I could obtain my goal, ie., playing the Tyros on a fantastic 3 piece speaker system plus using my MSP5's, etc., together!

Best regards,
Mike

PS: I guess from your post Steve that the MSP5's & YST Subwoofer is the only option Yamaha intends to offer. That and the current 3 piece speaker system offered for the Tyros. SAY IT ISN'T SO STEVE!!!! I know you have an 'in' with Yamaha Steve. Any chance???

Best regards,
Mike

#205776 - 10/16/03 05:05 PM Re: Supercharged Tyros mountable speaker system
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Most of the stuff that's out there is either too heavy, too bulky, too expensive or doesn't sound good at all. For small venues, I'm working on a rig that will set up in seconds that involves Yamaha's YST-MS50 system, which for those of us that have recently purchased them, sound good to excellent when used in conjunction with the PSR's and Tyros keyboards. I have a couple gigs coming up where I'll be performing in private homes, therefore, precluding the use of the Barbetta Sona 32-Cs. Even one would be too much, and there's very little space to work in. I hope to have this rig together next week, I shoot some photos, post them, then you can make the decission. It just may be a solution for some of the Tyros owners who want the added benefits of onboard speakers, but don't want to lug a large monitor around. If my idea works out, the entire rig, cables, computer, everything, should fit into a mid-size duffle bag.

BTW: Just looked at the price tag on the rig Steve posted the link to--you can buy a Barbetta for that and have all the power you need.

Cheers,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#205777 - 10/16/03 05:13 PM Re: Supercharged Tyros mountable speaker system
YamahaUS1 Offline

Loc: Buena Park, CA, USA
Mike,

I'm forwarding your comments to design, but I wouldn't get my hopes up. I'll let you know if I hear anything.

------------------
Steve Deming
Assistant Manager
Customer Support Dept.
Pro Audio & Combo Division
Yamaha Corporation of America
YCASupport@yamaha.com

#205778 - 10/16/03 07:08 PM Re: Supercharged Tyros mountable speaker system
mr82thebar Offline

Loc: Baltimore,Md.
I've been using the Yamaha YST MS50 speakers and subwoffer for over a month now and getting good clear results. I use the system in hall that hold up to 125 people with no problems. The clarity is great and bass response more than adequate. I bought them from buy.com for $82.53 and will receive a $20.00 rebate. I purchased a sports bag from Walmart and carry all three speakers in that plus my mic and cable, plus a four outlet extension cord. If i do a larger i connect them along with my Roland 60 watt amp and that fills a much larger hall with good results.. Bob

#205779 - 10/16/03 08:56 PM Re: Supercharged Tyros mountable speaker system
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by Idatrod:
I've listened to the speaker set they have now for the Tyros and I thought the sound was a bit muddy if you asked me. No presence or life to them

Mike: I suggest you experiment and change the settings & parameters of the Tyros Mixing Console:

1) Equalizer Section (page 139 of owner's manual)

2) Compression Section (page 140 of owner's manual)

Changing these settings to another PRESET, or creating your own custom settings (user1, user2) will dramatically enhance and add punch to an otherwise flat sound of the Tyros default settings and offer substantial improvement to the sound of the Tyros speakers.

I created a custom EQ (user1) setting for when going thru the TRS-MS01 speakers, and another (user2) for when going thru my EV SX-A100's speakers. The Tyros includes a very powerful & customizable EQ & Compression section so I'm confident that you'll find a setting that will dramatically improve the sound you're currently getting out of the Tyros speakers.

Scott

#205780 - 10/17/03 01:19 AM Re: Supercharged Tyros mountable speaker system
Amelius Offline

Loc: Milan, Italy
Scott and all,

I just traded my PSR9K in for a Tyros with HD packed with good stuff. And again, I'm a Yammy happy owner: for the type of music I make, Tyros simply fits all I need and more in most areas.

I have 2 questions for you:

1. I have used Tyros connected to my Hi-fi system which is high quality (ampl. + 2 quality non-powered speakers + power subwoofer $1200), connected the L+R outputs on Tyros to the phono input on the ampli. The system sounds perfect with the CD, but the Tyros (through phono) sounds "mudded, far too much bass, no brillance". I twiked the Mix on Tyros (EQ and Compressor) totally eliminated bass and raised Hi freq to max, and now get a fairly decent sound, yet not as clear as CD, and still can't pull volume up a little more. Any suggestion?

2. I own a Portable PC with USB connection, yet cannot install the driver provided in the TY's CD. Followed instructions on manual, called Yammy support, but nothing. Has anyone experienced similar problems, and found a way out?

Thanks for your help.

Sunshine from Milan (Italy).

Amelio

#205781 - 10/17/03 03:12 AM Re: Supercharged Tyros mountable speaker system
Micco Offline

Loc: Finland
I also did not like the sound of the Tyros speaker system so I bought a pair of Genelec 1029A speakers. Now the keyboard sounds great and I am very satisfied. The only problem is that I have the Tyros speaker system for nothing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online