SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#204708 - 11/15/02 12:00 PM Re: 'Near Field Monitors' to sit directly on top of Arranger KB
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
Being retired from the British loudspeaker business I can state with knowledge that all Satellite-Subbass systems produce a prominent top & bottom which leaves the middle frequency depressed. In fairness to Yamaha (I have the YSTMS50's that came with my 9000Pro) they are a good example of this type of speaker design considering the price point, but can sound a little sharp. To be honest mine have been donated to the bedroom TV and they sound great for that purpose.
Scot keep in mind that even small nearfield monitors are usually heavy well made objects and are 2 to 3 times the price of the YSTMS50's, but as you stated would do a very good job on the board of your choice.

Graham UK

#204709 - 11/15/02 12:49 PM Re: 'Near Field Monitors' to sit directly on top of Arranger KB
svpworld Offline

Loc: UK
Also consider that the tyros speaker system is magnetically shielded. Putting ordinary speakers on top of the tyros could risk affecting the harddrive, floppy drive or even the display!

Regards
Simon

------------------
http://www.svpworld.com

#204710 - 11/15/02 01:48 PM Re: 'Near Field Monitors' to sit directly on top of Arranger KB
Yammy Offline

Loc: London, England
Hi Scott

I am using my TYROS with a set of two Yamaha MSP3 monitors. They sound fantastic! After demoing (if thats a word!) the MSP3s next to the TYROS official system there was no contest as to which was better. Although the official set have good pumping bass, they lack the clear, sparkling top end that i get from the MSP3s. Unfortunately they are too big to be placed on top of the keyboard, I am using the BMS10A mic stand adapter and 2 tripod mic stands which works very well.

Hope this is helpful.

Oh yeah one more thing, if you miss the big bass, try placing the MSP3s on the floor, as long as you turn the treble right up, the top end isnt muffled and the bass pounds right through the floor

[This message has been edited by Yammy (edited 11-15-2002).]

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online