SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#203336 - 11/12/05 04:36 PM Unable to Install Tyros 2 Midi-USB Driver in Computer
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
I thought I ought to put this in a separate topic so as not to mess up DNJ topic where I originally posted it and shouldn't have. My apology
The problem I have run into that is driving me nutzo is the USB-Midi driver that came on a Cd with the keyboard, and also included the voice editor.
I have spent the last few days trying to get this driver installed on the P4 Intel Sony Vaio desktop with no luck. It installs but will not enable. The voice editor installs but will not function without that driver.
Now..............it is interesting to note that I brought the new Toshiba Satellite Laptop computer in to the studio and the Driver and voice editor installed without any problem. The Toshiba has a 17 inch screen so I can work with it but didn't want to except when traveling in the motorhome.
I wonder if the fact that this computer has the drivers for the Technics computers installed in it creates this problem. Or the Cakewalk Deluxe Pro Audio V 9?
I am amazed that with 20 years of experience with computers and electronic keyboards that I am unable to resolve this problem. Do any of you folks have any ideas for me to pursue. I have run out of ideas and Yamaha has not yet responded to my email plea for help I sent them on thursday November 10th.
I am now in the process of making changes in the registry in hopes of getting this driver installed
You many never hear from this computer again
Best to all and thanks for any help you may send my way. All help and advice appreciated.
BEBOP

#203337 - 11/12/05 05:37 PM Re: Unable to Install Tyros 2 Midi-USB Driver in Computer
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
I replied in another thread but... I had similar issues with the Motif ES usb drivers until I realized that there was a seperate driver for XP.

The one labeled "Usb driver" worked on every other windows system but XP. Is it possible that this is the case with the Tyros, or that they forgot to give you guys an xp driver ?

AJ

#203338 - 11/12/05 05:40 PM Re: Unable to Install Tyros 2 Midi-USB Driver in Computer
cajun100 Offline

Loc: Mill Valley, CA USA
A good splace to start is to look att all the installed Windows drivers. Commands are:
START - RUN - CMD - DRIVERQUERY
(there are switches too, run Driverquery /? to see list)
This will at least let you see whether the additional MIDI drivers have been installed. Perhaps you could find them, save them, erase them and try again.

#203339 - 11/12/05 06:41 PM Re: Unable to Install Tyros 2 Midi-USB Driver in Computer
BEBOP Offline

this is what I got in the dos window

driverquery is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch command.

#203340 - 11/12/05 06:44 PM Re: Unable to Install Tyros 2 Midi-USB Driver in Computer
BEBOP Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Bluezplayer:
I replied in another thread but... I had similar issues with the Motif ES usb drivers until I realized that there was a seperate driver for XP.

The one labeled "Usb driver" worked on every other windows system but XP. Is it possible that this is the case with the Tyros, or that they forgot to give you guys an xp driver ?

AJ

AJ, the driver and voice editor utility both installed and work fine in my Toshiba Satellite Laptop with XP Home. This driver will not install in this Sony Vaio P4 Intell for some reason.
BEBOP

#203341 - 11/12/05 08:09 PM Re: Unable to Install Tyros 2 Midi-USB Driver in Computer
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Quote:
Originally posted by BEBOP:
AJ, the driver and voice editor utility both installed and work fine in my Toshiba Satellite Laptop with XP Home. This driver will not install in this Sony Vaio P4 Intell for some reason.
BEBOP

Is the Vaio also running XP? If so, is it XP Home or XP Professional?

My recommendation Bill is to uninstall the USB Driver if you haven't already. Go to Yamaha's site to get info on how to uninstall the USB Driver correctly.

After you uninstall the USB Driver you should in my opinion go to the Windows Update site and see if there are any updates for your computer. The critical updates are the most important but using the "Custom" scan option you may find other enhancement updates available that possibly may correct the anomaly you are having with the Vaio computer not installing the Yamaha USB Drivers correctly.

After installing any updates you should "Defrag" the Vaio's Hard Drive and also check the Hard Disk for any errors.

Also there is a possibility you may have a Virus[s] on your computer that is affecting your computer adversely. Spyware can also have a tendency to affect normal operations of a computer. Microsoft Beta Anti-Spyware program is an excellent program to rid your computer of Spyware. Ad-Aware is good one too. Also make sure your Virus Scanner's .dat files are up to date and scan for viruses if need be.

Then to install the USB Driver again make sure you follow Yamaha's directions to a tee. I also would recommend you close each and every other program running on your computer i.e. those that are running in the System Tray and those running in the background also. Hitting Ctrl/Alt/Del on your computer keyboard will bring up the Windows Task Manager. Go to the "Processes" tab (Windows XP/2000) and 'End Task' on every process that is safe to do so. PS: You need to be careful you don't 'end task' on a process that Windows needs to operate. If you have doubts about one or more of them then don't disable it/them. When the programs are safely closed out then you can attempt to re-install the Yamaha USB Driver again. If the Vaio is running XP then you want to install the XP Driver. If you are running a different OS than XP on your Vaio you need to install the corresponding USB Driver, e.g. Windows 2000, ME, 98SE, etc.

Hope this helps...

Best regards,
Mike

#203342 - 11/12/05 08:13 PM Re: Unable to Install Tyros 2 Midi-USB Driver in Computer
SANMAN Offline

Loc: West Hills, CA, USA
BEBOP,
I have a SONY VAIO as well. Just curious - Is the VAIO running XP or Media Center Edition, which is what I have.
Do both your Toshiba and VAIO have the same patch level (Service Packs) installed if your using XP?

SANMAN

#203343 - 11/12/05 08:34 PM Re: Unable to Install Tyros 2 Midi-USB Driver in Computer
BEBOP Offline

Mike, thanks I have done most all of what you suggest above over the last 5 days I have been fighting with this problem.

San Man,
The desktop is running XP Home.
The laptop is running XP Home Media Center Edition.
the files loaded into the laptop and work fine. The editor program loads into the desktop fine and is ready to work once it gets a USB-Midi driver.
thanks guys.
Bebop

#203344 - 11/12/05 08:41 PM Re: Unable to Install Tyros 2 Midi-USB Driver in Computer
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Bill,

I don't believe there is a driver available for XP Home Media Center Edition. This may be the problem. You may want to call Yamaha and check this out.

Good Luck,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#203345 - 11/12/05 09:15 PM Re: Unable to Install Tyros 2 Midi-USB Driver in Computer
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi,
just wondering, do any of you have more than one usb keyboard connected to a computer at the same time ie keyboard 1 to usb1, keyboard 2 to usb2.
I tried it a while back with my clavinova & a DGX, but couldn't get it to work. Kept crashing .

Really just wondering if it should be possible, or whether some of Bebop's problems may be caused by having 2 usb keyboards and needing a different driver for each??

best wishes
Rikki

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online