Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#202120 - 01/03/04 07:15 AM Re: Yamaha PSR3000 / PSR1500 Questions
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
1-will the psr3k have a transpose button with a "ONE STEP move -/+ instead of TWO steps like now in the 2k? looks like the same in the pic....same question for TEMPO?

Similar question about the Octave Switch buttons. The Motif ES got it right by the fact that when you press the octave switch + or - there's a little light on the button itself that comes on. If your at +1 Octave the 'right' button comes on and if your at -1, etc. the 'left' button comes on. When your at normal Octave the light goes out. The Motif ES also has a "2" Octave range + or - up/down plus when you press the Octave buttons there is no 'silly' little screen that comes up in the Display telling you your at + or - an Octave like there is on the Tyros and PSR 2000/2100 etc. On the Tyros/PSR 2000/2100, etc., the screen is there "bugging" you constantly until you press the Exit or Enter or some other button. IF you do that when your playing it can disrupt your concentration and rhythm and consequently your chops by hitting clams unexpectedly. Until Yamaha decides to go the Motif ES route for its new Arrangers regarding the Octave buttons, etc., that 'silly' little screen will probably stay by Yamaha because if your into sub-menus and away from the Main Screen that silly little screen is the ONLY way to tell if your "+" or "-" an Octave. Another beef I have is when your in the Mixing Console and you want to know the Song 'position', ie., Measure/Bar point the screen that pops up hides the Voice/Instrument on Track 4 and 5 and consequently Track 12 and 13. These problems are long-standing and Yamaha should make an effort to correct them IMO.

Best regards,
Mike

[This message has been edited by keybplayer (edited 01-03-2004).]

#202121 - 01/03/04 07:26 AM Re: Yamaha PSR3000 / PSR1500 Questions
Dnj Offline

I hope someone from Yamaha is reading this thread......but that doesnt mean they'll listen or impliment any of these
"makes sense" suggestions in future offerings now does it? Seems like Yamaha is slowly taking peoples money in 1 year $1200-$1500 increments with these small PSR upgrades 2k, 21, 3k etc etc ......but from a busines standpoint I can see that it doesn't make sense to put all these things people want in one new KB...vs..minor upgrades making owners sell or buy new KBs time after time which really sux IMO.

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 01-03-2004).]

#202122 - 01/03/04 07:53 AM Re: Yamaha PSR3000 / PSR1500 Questions
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
The "one touch" function of certain buttons must be related to memory because the entire low line of psr gear seems to act that way. Maybe it has to do with the fact that so many buttons become editable with the data wheel after they are selected.
For example ..... it would be a disaster if the last thing you touched was the tempo control and wanted to change key later on. If the button "last pushed" was still active....an intentional tempo change would result in a disasterous key change.
Who knows......
All I know is that this 2100 is making me nuts. Key feel, key size and many other things. I applaude you guys with simple needs. My taste just needs a better constructed keyboard with all the bells and whistles that the psr line packs into the smaller units.
It's just a question of time before SOMEONE actually makes what I need. sigh .......

#202123 - 01/03/04 08:36 AM Re: Yamaha PSR3000 / PSR1500 Questions
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
I really want off of the merry go round for now. I find that I get caught up in lusting for the next best thing, and sometimes, in the case of the Motif ES, for me it's worthwhile, but at other times not.

If and when Yamaha or anyuone else gives me something that I really like to play live, and it is a big improvement ( for me ) then I'll bite, but if not, I'll just use the ol' clunker for the occasioanl live work I do ( PA80 ), and if I get serious enough that I am going to play out a lot, a sufficient backup for it ( maybe even a PA60.. or if it's really good, a speaker PA1x when it comes out ).

If Yamaha is really trying to make a new model with the 3000, then I want to see a marked step up in some of the features that Donny and a few others mentioned before I'm tempted to bite again. Instead, based on recent hsitory, I tend to suspect that it works as Donny describes, with minor steps and improvements that are merely designed to grab another 1200- 1500 dollars or so from those of us who play arrangers.

AJ

#202124 - 01/03/04 09:04 AM Re: Yamaha PSR3000 / PSR1500 Questions
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
The PSR3000 and new PSR1500 will definately be shown at the NAMM show .
Yamaha is also replacing the DGX300 and 500 . If you take a look at the technology on the PSR1K , this screen and sounds will be in the new product line DGX550 + DGX350. I received the Yamaha NAMM info a few weeks ago , I will see if I can answer any of Scott's other questions .

I will not be attending NAMM, I'll miss my west coast friends .

Dan O'

[This message has been edited by DanO1 (edited 01-03-2004).]

#202125 - 01/03/04 11:02 AM Re: Yamaha PSR3000 / PSR1500 Questions
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by DanO1:
The PSR3000 and new PSR1500 will definately be shown at the NAMM show

This is terrific news as it will allow attendees to see first hand just what the PSR3000 will include and hopefully provide the answers to our questions on this thread as well. I trust that George Kaye (and other SZ member attendees) will spend 'extra time' at NAMM checking out the PSR3000, and that he'll be able to answer the numerous questions posed here about what looks to me like a promising followup to the PSR2000/2100.

Quote:
Originally posted by DanO1:
I will not be attending NAMM, I'll miss my west coast friends.

Because of scheduling conflicts, I too won't be able to make it to NAMM this year.
I too will miss meeting up with SZ friends there. Dan perhaps we can meet up at NAM again in 2005, or better yet, if we can get some kind of Synthzone event organized we can catch up with each other then.

Scott

#202126 - 01/03/04 12:06 PM Re: Yamaha PSR3000 / PSR1500 Questions
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I'm not going either because I'm afraid of earthquakes.
DonM

#202127 - 01/03/04 12:17 PM Re: Yamaha PSR3000 / PSR1500 Questions
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
If it wasn't for earthquakes , we'd never have "shake,rattle,and roll ".

#202128 - 01/04/04 06:35 AM Re: Yamaha PSR3000 / PSR1500 Questions
Dnj Offline

Lets add on......

11- NO WALL WARTS Please!!!!!

#202129 - 01/05/04 11:50 AM Re: Yamaha PSR3000 / PSR1500 Questions
YamahaUS1 Offline

Loc: Buena Park, CA, USA
Happy New Year guys,

Unlike you, I can not speculate(guess)about what might be on the PSR1500/3000. There are certain things I would assume, but I won't share those with you at this time. I've seen the same pictures that you guys have, and I have the same specs that George and Dan have. I have not seen the prototypes yet. Here's what I know:

PSR3000
320x240 color LCD - Mega-Voice Technology - Vocal Harmony and Video Out - Connects directly to the internet (Broadband 10 base-T) using optional USB to ethernet adapter - USB "To Device": connect to storage devices like HDD and Thumb drives - USB MIDI: 32 channel playback from PC - Smart Media Slot - 128 notes of Polyphony - Organ Flute Voices using Modeling technology - 3 intros, 3 endings with dedicated buttons - 4 Variations and 4 Fills per Style - Pitch bend and Mod Wheel = 892 voices - Flash ROM user memory for storing data (2 Mb)- Music Finder - Multi Pads - 240 Styles + User - 16 Track Sequencer - Direct Access Button - 960 "One Touch" settings - Help Wizard in six languages - Saparate L/R audio output jacks - Foot Switch and Foot Volume jacks - Headphone jack - 2-way Stereo speaker system (12 Watts/ch) - PA300 power adapter included)

PSR1500
320x240 LCD - Connects directly to the internet (Broadband 10 base-T) using optional USB to ethernet adapter - USB "To Device": connect to storage devices like HDD and Thumb drives - USB MIDI: 32 channel playback from PC - Smart Media Slot - 96 notes of Polyphony - Organ Flute Voices using Modeling technology - 3 intros, 3 endings with dedicated buttons - 4 Variations and 4 Fills per Style - Pitch bend and Mod Wheel = 793 voices - Flash ROM user memory for storing data (2 Mb)- Music Finder - Multi Pads - 210 Styles + User - 16 Track Sequencer - Direct Access Button - 840 "One Touch" settings - Help Wizard in six languages - Separate L/R audio output jacks - Foot Switch and Foot Volume jacks - Headphone jack - 2-way Stereo speaker system (12 Watts/ch) - PA300 power adapter included)

I know that only addresses a portion of what you asked, but I will let you know more when I know more.

Regards,

------------------
Steve Deming
Assistant Manager
Customer Support Dept.
Pro Audio & Combo Division
Yamaha Corporation of America
YCASupport@yamaha.com

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online