SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#202110 - 01/02/04 10:05 AM Yamaha PSR3000 / PSR1500 Questions
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
PSR3000/PSR1500 QUESTIONS of which I'm hoping George Kaye, Steve Deming, or anyone else here might be able to provide answers to:

1) How much will these keyboards weigh? More, less, or about the same as the PSR2100?

2) How many onboard foot pedal jacks will these keyboards include? I'm hoping three (like on the Tyros), because I need to assign the first to sustain, second to vocalizer on/off, and third to 'self fill'. I only hope that 'self fill' activation via foot pedal can be continously repeating as well.

3) USB Support:

Does this include USB 2.0?

Assuming that the PSR3000/PSR1500 will include USB connectivity, will you be able to utilize the Yamaha 'Voice Editing' software program to edit onboard sounds (voices), perform flash ROM OS updates, as well as backup & transfer files back and forth between the PSR3000/PSR1500 & your PC?

4) Smart Media Card:

Can the PSR3000/PSR1500 'Music Finder' access styles stored in the Smart Media Card?

Can Registration Bank files (stored either in user memory or in the Smart Media Card)
access & load associated files (styles, voice, multipad) located on the Smart Media Card?

Thanks in advance to all for any information.

Scott

#202111 - 01/02/04 10:33 AM Re: Yamaha PSR3000 / PSR1500 Questions
Beakybird Offline

These are excellent questions. I am also very interested in knowing the answers to these?

I'd also like to know if there are any other new features/buttons that aren't on the current Yamaha arrangers.

Beakybird

#202112 - 01/02/04 10:40 AM Re: Yamaha PSR3000 / PSR1500 Questions
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
Is there a suggest retail price for both model please.

I suspect both 1500 & 3000 will be at our Keyboard Festival in May. We have in the past had pre-production models of the PSR2000 & Tyros demonstrated 6 months before they arrived in the UK shops.

Graham UK

#202113 - 01/02/04 11:41 AM Re: Yamaha PSR3000 / PSR1500 Questions
Scottyee Offline

I wonder if Yamaha might pull a surprise at Winter NAMM (2 weeks from NOW) and give attendees a sneak preview of the upcoming PSR3000/PSR1500. I hope so. - Scott

#202114 - 01/02/04 12:21 PM Re: Yamaha PSR3000 / PSR1500 Questions
Dnj Online   content

1-will the psr3k have a transpose button with a "ONE STEP move -/+ instead of TWO steps like now in the 2k? looks like the same in the pic....same question for TEMPO?

2-how much storage is on the smart card? will you need a special card reader on your P/C?

3-keyfeel?, weight?, new speakers?

4-will you be able to edit/replace/etc all factory styles like on a PA80?

5- is there a new vocalizer or same as 2k/tyros etc?

6- any lag time between accessing info from the smart card?

7- can styles be played right from the smart card also?

8- are there AUX OUTPUTS on back?

9- is there a seperate MIC Volume control like on the 9k/tyros...or is it on the back like the 2k?

10-can you see the screen outdors?

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 01-02-2004).]

#202115 - 01/02/04 01:16 PM Re: Yamaha PSR3000 / PSR1500 Questions
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
I was going to ask some things too, but Donny asked everything ( and more ) that makes a difference to me. Question 3 is a must for me. Everything stops right there if the key feel isn't better, and it doesn't have good speakers and weight. Questions 2, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10 are also very important to me, and I'd consider 4 ( ability to alter internal styles ) a huge bonus, but am not expecting it.

Otherwise, I have to decide whether to get a Tyros , a PA1x, or go in a different direction altogether. I like what I hear from the PA1x demo wise, but then again a lot of it does sound similar to the PA80, which I already have and like very much, so the PA1x isn't high on the list right now. Most of our live work consists of rock and blues, and overall I prefer the Korg stuff here, but I do miss a few of the Yamaha styles and sounds.

Other than that, I guess I'd like to give the SD1 a good workout.

AJ

#202116 - 01/02/04 01:24 PM Re: Yamaha PSR3000 / PSR1500 Questions
shakeel Ahmed Offline

Loc: gujranwala,punjab,Pakistan
Will it be equiped with a decent sampler
like 9000 and pa1x?

#202117 - 01/02/04 02:17 PM Re: Yamaha PSR3000 / PSR1500 Questions
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
I doubt that this entry level will include a sampler, and for my specs .... I won't miss it. I leave the sampling to the big boys. Just give me the basics and let me make the music come alive.

#202118 - 01/02/04 03:34 PM Re: Yamaha PSR3000 / PSR1500 Questions
Scottyee Offline

Donny, here are a few of my observations and possible answers to some of your questions:

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
will the psr3k have a transpose button with a "ONE STEP move -/+ instead of TWO steps like now in the 2k?

Donny, if I read you correctly, I assume you're talking about (on the PSR2000) having to hit the -/+ button 'twice' initially, to transpose just one 1/2 step, right? I believe this was merely a PSR2000 specific bug, because on the Tyros, you only need to press the transpose button once. I'd presume that the PSR3000/PSR1500 should work the same as the Tyros in this regard.

Quote:

how much storage is on the smart card? will you need a special card reader on your P/C?

Smart Media cards currently come in: 32, 64, and 128mb storage capacities.To read the card from your PC you'll need a smart media card reader. I myself have a 'Dazzle 6-in 1 reader' which can read several memory card formats including: smart media, compact flash, and memory stick.

Quote:

keyfeel?, weight?, new speakers?

I suspect any weight differences between the PSR2000 & 3000 will be directly related to whatever (if any) PSR3000 improved key build (solid) and key feel, and improved sound (speakers larger & heavier (bigger magnet). I too am anxious to find out the details.

Quote:

will you be able to edit/replace/etc all factory styles like on a PA80?

Unless Yamaha has suddenly decided to take a radical departure, I really doubt this is going to happen, especially on their budget line PSR3000 or PSR1500 models.

Quote:

is there a seperate MIC Volume control like on the 9k/tyros...or is it on the back like the 2k?

Looking at the supplied pictures, and seeing there is NO MIC volume control on top, I assume that the PSR3000/PSR1500 sports the same Mic trim only on the back of the unit, the same as the PSR2000 has.

Considering the fact that I just recently (last week) sold my PSR2000, I'm now more than ever excited about the prospect of purchasing a PSR3000 as a secondary portable arranger with built in speakers to my Tyros, especially because I'm hoping that Tyros & PSR3000 styles will be freely interchangeable, though I predict that the PSR3000 & PSR1500 won't hit the US shores till at least the end of the year (Nov/Dec 2004. In the meantime, I'm hoping someone can provide answers to Donny's other questions, and well as the original ones I posed at the TOP of this topic thread.

Scott

#202119 - 01/02/04 03:41 PM Re: Yamaha PSR3000 / PSR1500 Questions
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
Quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Dave:
I doubt that this entry level will include a sampler, and for my specs .... I won't miss it. I leave the sampling to the big boys. Just give me the basics and let me make the music come alive.

I agree. I sample now and then, but I have dedicated equipment for it, and occasionally, I add some samples to the Motif ES soundset as well.

I have my doubts that many arranger players would use a sampling feature if offered or would appreciate the added cost of having it as a feature on a PSR. I just want something that plays well in a live situation and feels like something when I play it. At one time I did think it would be a good feature to have on an arranger, but that has changed. I really have no need for a sampler on my arranger, and have never really used the function on the PA80. If anything, I'd rather have expansion slots, ala the 9000 pro, but even that isn't a really important feature for me.

I don't use arrangers all that much for composing any more, except that I do use the PA80 for it's soundset at times. I've really tried to move away from anything that's completely loop based, except for some synth parts that work well that way. Today, I look at any future arranger purchase probably in a similar way to most of the others who will use one in a live situation.

AJ

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online