SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#19897 - 03/18/02 05:16 AM Korg Z1 -classical piano?
nandu Offline

I bought Korg Z1 a couple of days ago and I´m wondering if it´s possible to get classical piano -sound in my synth because there are no classical piano sound in it.I mean like acoustic piano-sounds. So could someone tell me, is it possible to get those sounds...maybe somewhere in the internet?

Please help me

#19898 - 03/18/02 06:35 AM Re: Korg Z1 -classical piano?
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
That Korg, and MANY Korg synths fall VERY short in the acoustic piano dept.
I doubt that you will ever find a suitable acoustic sound with that keyboard. How about an add on module? There are TONS of thise around. I have a Roland SC33 you can buy that will give you 28 more voices, and a whole new GM/GS set of voices. WONderful classical pianos & strings. Lots of variations. It's like adding a complete Roland keyboard .... only WITH OUT the extra keys !

#19899 - 03/18/02 08:29 AM Re: Korg Z1 -classical piano?
nandu Offline

Thank you very very much for your reply. I think that some kind of Sound module is the only alternative. I´m no going to buy a new synth.. I think I´ll go and see some local synth-stores !

#19900 - 03/18/02 09:37 AM Re: Korg Z1 -classical piano?
slr-online Offline

Loc: England
Rather than buy a module, why not sell the Z1 and purchase a Trinity V3. Doing this will give you the best of both worlds and there are more than plenty of excellent piano samples on the Trinity, plus a host of other top notch samples.
You will still have the awsome sounds of the Z1 on the Moss board.

#19901 - 03/18/02 12:58 PM Re: Korg Z1 -classical piano?
xavier Offline

Loc: Brussels, Belgium
Trinty, Triton or Karma: each of them can be loaded with a MOSS board, similar as the Z1.

------------------
Regards,
Xavier

Alchemist - the Korg Trinity to Triton PCG and SNG converter - http://alchemist.sourceforge.net

Alchemist - the Korg Trinity to Triton PCG and SNG converter - http://alchemist.sourceforge.net

#19902 - 03/19/02 02:07 AM Re: Korg Z1 -classical piano?
nandu Offline

How does this MOSS-board actually work?Is it possible to get sounds for example from Trinity or Triton and put these sounds into Z1?How about PCMCIA...can I use Triton or Trinity PCMCIA-program cards in my Z1?

If someone could tell me that, please

#19903 - 03/19/02 10:54 AM Re: Korg Z1 -classical piano?
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
None of those Korg choices have good acoustic pianos, though. An external Module is the only way to go, if you really are fussy about the piano sound.

#19904 - 03/19/02 11:24 AM Re: Korg Z1 -classical piano?
xavier Offline

Loc: Brussels, Belgium
MOSSquito http://2nd.evidence.free.fr converts Trinity MOSS sounds to Triton MOSS

The pianos sounds are not so bad: I like the Trinity Piano, and the new coming Triton EXB-PCM8 expansion board is awesome! I tried it at Musikmesse: it is a gread valuable expansion for the Tritons (the EXB-PCM1 is also good: you have many excellent electric piano samples + a quite good stereo piano multisample)

That's my 2 eurocent

#19905 - 03/19/02 01:08 PM Re: Korg Z1 -classical piano?
slr-online Offline

Loc: England
Uncle Dave,
Whilst I respect your point of view, mine differs somewhat with regards to the Korg piano samples. IMHO Korg have ALWAYS fallen short in this department, I agree with you 100% on that one - Until the Trinity surfaced. The Classical and Electric piano samples are (to my ears) top notch. My reason for promoting the Trinity V3?? I will explain.
Here in the UK, a used Z1 can typically sell for approx £600 - £650. You can purchase a used Trinity V3 for little more than that. Add the Moss technology, a superb on-board sequencer, probably the best Effects section on ANY Synth and some quality upgrades which are steadily falling in price, you have a virtually complete studio at your fingertips.
I am a strong believer that without the right effect, the best piano sample will be left wanting on any synth. This is certainly not the case with the Trinity.

The Z1 was not designed with the classic piano sample player in mind, and as such, maybe our fellow music lover may have purchased in error. I do hope I am wrong on my last point, as the Z1 is an awsome board in itself.

Biased?? Me???? Ok Ok, I confess! I own a Trinity !

Nandu, are you happy with the Z1?

Regards.

#19906 - 03/20/02 08:02 AM Re: Korg Z1 -classical piano?
nandu Offline

I am not so happy with my Z1, it has amazing leadsounds and so on, but normal classical sounds...how do I say it...Suck! So maybe it was a mistake to buy it!

So maybe I´ll try to find a Trinity V3...but these V3s are somewhere "under the stone"...if you understand my point.Hard to find.

Does anyone want to buy my Z1? ha ha!Or chance to V3?

But I really thank you guys for your information!!I really do!

Regards,
Janne from Finland

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online