SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#196766 - 10/31/06 03:39 PM Re: Best 76 Key
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
Don,

Chill my friend. I would say mine is better than yours but mine used to BE yours.
Thanks for the MP3. I'm working on learning the tune. I was surprised to learn that it has MORE than 3 chords in it. It must not really be country. It's probably western.

Tom

Tom

#196767 - 11/01/06 03:56 AM Re: Best 76 Key
Nick G Offline

Loc: Sydney, NSW, Australia
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
DonM....... no problem, just wanted to set the record straight (everybody seems to think that any Yamaha criticism is a put-down, I personally just think there IS room for improvement).

And even a $3k T2 deserves a better build quality that a $1.5k Motif-ES.......

All u gotta do is play and listen to it and u will realise why yamaha charge over $3000.00 US for a Tyros 2...

Build qaulity is a load of garbage, as long as u dont drop it on concrete or bash it with a hammer ulle be fine. The Roland being so heavy would probably cop way more internal damage if it was to be dropped.

The only hisotry of yamaha having weak buttons that break is from the PSR line.

im sure there would be hardly any cases of this happening with a tyros 1 or 2, and if ther were any it would be becuase the user is extremely un gentle and rough with the board.

I guess people need to find at least one thing in every keyboard to pick on... with yamaha it seems to be the 'build quality'. ide rather it be the build qaulity getting picked on than its 'sound quality'.

Cheers, Nick

[This message has been edited by Nick G (edited 11-01-2006).]

#196768 - 11/01/06 04:56 AM Re: Best 76 Key
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Well said Nick, and I agree wholeheartedly. In all these years I've never had a button go bad, replaced a keypad or cracked the case on any of my Yamaha keyboards. And, I've never dropped one. BTW: A $60,000 Corvette is made of plastic (fiberglass), and no one every complained they were not built well.

Cheers,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#196769 - 11/01/06 08:46 AM Re: Best 76 Key
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Gary the lucky people that had accidents in one and were alive to state it...will complain about plastic..
BTW I had two friends that had Vette crashes..One complained about riding in "glass"..still bought another..My other friend didn't complain at all...I think you know why..

[This message has been edited by Fran Carango (edited 11-01-2006).]

#196770 - 11/01/06 08:57 AM Re: Best 76 Key
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I was driving my 66 Vette, years ago, and got hit by lightening. Don't know if it was good that it was glass, or bad. But all the wiring was fried, and I wasn't!
Back to keyboards, I'd rather have lightweight plastic than heavy metal (even in music), but then I don't keep 'em very long either way, and I take really good care of my gear. I've found that if a fight breaks out you can get more speed running with the plastic ones under your arm.
Wasn't it metal parts that blew off the space shuttle? Maybe if they'd used plastic . . . Naw, that's not even relevant!

DonM

#196771 - 11/01/06 12:25 PM Re: Best 76 Key
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
Don,

You had better change your tune about plastic verses metal. Replacement hips, knees, and shoulders are all metal.

Tom

[This message has been edited by Tom Cavanaugh (edited 11-01-2006).]

Tom

#196772 - 11/01/06 12:28 PM Re: Best 76 Key
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Well, thank you, Nick for pointing out the whole 'garbage-ness' of my opinion...... I guess 40 years of playing better and worse built keyboards (I've had keyboards from most manufacturers at one time or another) doesn't really give me any valid viewpoint. Thank you for pointing out my errors.

And, I do apologize.... The T2 is by far the most perfect piece of engineering that has ever graced our planet. There isn't a single feature or design choice that could possibly be improved. And when the T3 comes out, no-one will need to buy it because the T2 is already perfect....

Yamaha only build Motifs stronger because they are such a comparatively poor keyboard they HAVE to build them better just to get them to sell.......

#196773 - 11/01/06 01:07 PM Re: Best 76 Key
Nick G Offline

Loc: Sydney, NSW, Australia
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Well, thank you, Nick for pointing out the whole 'garbage-ness' of my opinion...... I guess 40 years of playing better and worse built keyboards (I've had keyboards from most manufacturers at one time or another) doesn't really give me any valid viewpoint. Thank you for pointing out my errors.

And, I do apologize.... The T2 is by far the most perfect piece of engineering that has ever graced our planet. There isn't a single feature or design choice that could possibly be improved. And when the T3 comes out, no-one will need to buy it because the T2 is already perfect....

Yamaha only build Motifs stronger because they are such a comparatively poor keyboard they HAVE to build them better just to get them to sell.......

Love your work Dikki...

#196774 - 11/01/06 01:10 PM Re: Best 76 Key
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Fran,

Lexan is actually stronger that steel for it's weight, which is one of the reasons that many inner city schools now use them as windows. You can hit them with a concrete block and they will not crack or break. Most of the space-age plastics are much stronger than steel as well. Combinations of boron, graphite and fiberglass are now used in aircraft manufacturing because it's lighter and stronger than traditional aluminum. I think the only reason some keyboard manufacturers still use steel for their housings is because steel is a hell of a lot cheaper and can be stretch formed--not for strength.

Cheers,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#196775 - 11/01/06 01:24 PM Re: Best 76 Key
Dnj Offline

Thank You MR WIZARD!!!!

Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online