SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#194977 - 11/01/04 06:20 PM Has anyone already heard the new G70 sound samples?!? Comments here! :)
Luis.Santos Offline

Loc: Portugal
I just listened to them on www.rolandg70.com and I can't have an opinion about the styles (only two) yet but ... WOW! Great piano!

I'm wondering if I'll do like Roel and if my SD1 will have to find a new owner soon?...

Luis Santos

#194978 - 11/01/04 06:25 PM Re: Has anyone already heard the new G70 sound samples?!? Comments here! :)
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Luis,

Your right, that piano sounds wonderful. The styles sound a little herky jerky and too busy. Certainly not as smooth as the Tyros. Let's wait and see when we get a production version.

Al

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#194979 - 11/01/04 07:38 PM Re: Has anyone already heard the new G70 sound samples?!? Comments here! :)
zuki Offline

The piano sounds great, but then again, all previous Roland arranger pianos are excellent. I can't imagine the styles being anything but awesome, as in previous Roland arrangers.
zuki

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Yamaha PSR SX900/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Senn 935/K&M stand/Shure SM57/Sony C80 (2)/Blue Encore 300

#194980 - 11/01/04 11:47 PM Re: Has anyone already heard the new G70 sound samples?!? Comments here! :)
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Yes,
the piano is good, and so is the accordeon, but the tenor sax left me a bit perplexed.
As far as I can tell, the styles are rather ordinary (granted, there were only a couple of them to be heard....) so, since the best thing about this arranger seems to be the sound, I wonder how many of us could be better off buying a Fantom XR module (that has the same sounds -grand piano included- but sports 6 (yes, six!) SRX expansion slots, a sampler, digital output, etc, etc....) and keep our present arranger.
By the way, the XR now sells for about 1150 euros, while the G 70 will most likely be in the 2800 range, so....
Final consideration: this G 70 seems to be in a preliminary phase and the software is, by admission of Roland, still in the developing phase, so my guess is that the first units to ship will be bug-laden.
What do you think?

#194981 - 11/02/04 12:18 AM Re: Has anyone already heard the new G70 sound samples?!? Comments here! :)
royandreno Offline

Loc: Sandnes, Norway
Quote:
Originally posted by Dreamer:
Final consideration: this G 70 seems to be in a preliminary phase and the software is, by admission of Roland, still in the developing phase, so my guess is that the first units to ship will be bug-laden.
What do you think?

You could be right. Roland seem very hasty to get this board out. I hope not too fast. As far as the sax sound, I listened to the sample of Liontracs MS, and the sax sound sampled by them REALLY impressed me!

------------------
Roy-Andrč

#194982 - 11/02/04 12:30 AM Re: Has anyone already heard the new G70 sound samples?!? Comments here! :)
nielshs Offline

Hi

The G-70’s arranger section includes 285 completely new styles, but the style used in the gospel song is from the VA-7.

niels

------------------
nielshs

#194983 - 11/02/04 03:59 AM Re: Has anyone already heard the new G70 sound samples?!? Comments here! :)
rolandfan Offline

Loc: South Africa
Is the Tyros Soprano Sax better than G70's ?

#194984 - 11/02/04 04:08 AM Re: Has anyone already heard the new G70 sound samples?!? Comments here! :)
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Quote:
Originally posted by rolandfan:

I don't know; I still have an XV 3080 and the Soprano Sax is much worse, compared with the Tyros, but maybe the Fantom X (and the G70) have a better sample.
I am really satisfied with the Tyros styles, so maybe all I need is a module like the Fantom XR to have a broader choice of sounds (not to mention the possibility to import all my Akai samples...)

#194985 - 11/02/04 04:55 AM Re: Has anyone already heard the new G70 sound samples?!? Comments here! :)
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Quote:
Originally posted by rolandfan:

The Soprano sax in the Tyros is one of it's signature voices. A very outstanding voice. I'm also partial to the Growl Sax on the Tyros. What I do tailor these sounds a bit more is to layer them together. For example, I will use the Growl Sax with the Tenor Sax. That gives me aftertouch Growl with a very airy general sax sound.

I wonder if the G70 or the Fantom XR module has a Growl type sax feature and whether or not sounds can be layered "on-the-fly" like the Tyros.

Dreamer, you bring up a great point about the Fanton XR module. Imagine adding that along side the Tyros. Wow, what a combination.

Al

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online