SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#193192 - 11/01/04 02:08 PM Suggestions desired...
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
I'm looking to come up with a new vinyl sign for the front of my Tyros. This sign will primarily be used when I'm doing solo gigs. I'm looking for my name and perhaps the name of my company, "Timeless Entertainment" on the sign.

The dimensions are 26" X 53"...

I'd appreciate any suggestions from the crowd...

Thanks-

Bill in Dayton

#193193 - 11/01/04 02:20 PM Re: Suggestions desired...
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
There are are a bunch of national chains that use computerized output devices to do finished vinyl signs for about $6.50 per square foot or about $60.00, for yours. The local one I use for all my clients is "Instant Signs". They also have a material called Alumalite, which is a foam center and thin aluminum cover in many colors. It's rigid, but dosen't "dog-ear" like foamcore.

If you get vinyl you'll want to edge it, and roll it with the graphics inside for durability. You could either use grommets or velcro. non-industrial velcro can be peeled off of keyboards without damage.

Russ

#193194 - 11/01/04 03:04 PM Re: Suggestions desired...
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
I have a couple of vinyl signs that I velcro to the KB...and they are great for promotion and for hiding wires, etc. I imagine they are much like the ones Russ is talking about..BUT...the manufacturer told me to roll them up with the print side OUT. If you roll it the other way, the vinyl letters are not stretched and will, in time, start to wrinkle (like me).

When not in use they are in a sturdy mailing tube and I try to keep them from sitting in a hot car too long.

Eddie

#193195 - 11/01/04 06:20 PM Re: Suggestions desired...
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I've had one for years. I roll it up and put it in the keyboard case with the keyboard. Doesn't seem to matter which side is out.
It came from one of those sign places, has stitched edges and grommets. I put rubber bands in the grommets and stretch around the front of the keyboard stand.]
I think there's a photo on my web site. http://www.donmasonmusic.com/page3.html

DonM

[This message has been edited by DonM (edited 11-01-2004).]

#193196 - 11/01/04 06:37 PM Re: Suggestions desired...
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Bill, had my vinyl sign custom made at a local banner-sign production shop. Includes heavy guage vinyl, with a 'sewn' hem (I recommend the hem be sewn and not just glued for added durability) stitched across both top and bottom, of which a lightweight copper rod can then be placed thru. Strong Rubber gaskets (similar to those used for plumbing jobs) secure both ends of the rods to the bottom feet & upper arms of my Quiklok X-Stand, and allow for quick attahment/removal. My vinyl banner sign(with stick on lettering) cost me about $70 (both labor & materials) to have made.

Scott

#193197 - 11/01/04 06:45 PM Re: Suggestions desired...
Dnj Offline

#193198 - 11/02/04 12:18 AM Re: Suggestions desired...
MrEd Offline

In that photo, it looks like Don was 'king for a day'.

Don,
In your 1982 photo on your website, is that a Peavey 118-d 18 incher behind you? It looks like the same size as the one staring at me from the corner of my basement.
(That was HEAVY stuff to lug around)

Bill,
Any artists around?
Maybe you can have a picture drawn up, something like a sand-timer or 3-minute egg-timer with music notes falling inside instead of sand, and have 'Timeless' written over the top of it and 'Entertainment' written under it.

That's about as creative as I get at 2:15am.

Ed

#193199 - 11/02/04 05:13 AM Re: Suggestions desired...
The Pro Offline

Loc: Atlanta, Georgia
Scott has a nice touch there with his website address being displayed. That's what I would recommend - if you're going to go to this effort I'd make it count by having my website address on the banner at bottom.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online