SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#194929 - 09/05/05 03:49 AM Re: Tyros 2 demo
KFingers Offline

Loc: Brighton - UK
Sorry Trevor I am in the UK also but I agree with Mike. The Tyros can get a range of reasonable "Theatre" sounds but can't get anywhere near the Jazz and Rock B3 sounds except for one of the sampled presets.

An instrument in this price range should be able to do both in my opinion. My Ketron can! and it's only half the price of my Tyros.

Regards - Keith

#194930 - 09/05/05 04:01 AM Re: Tyros 2 demo
eddiefromrotherham Offline

Loc: Rotherham,England.
I'm with Trevor on this one.
I would love to hear again the great Organ sounds of the Lowrey.
Sadly, I ssold my Lowrey a thousand years ago (it seems)
#cheers
Eddie

------------------
Eddie from Rotherham
www.yamahakeyboards.info

#194931 - 09/05/05 04:14 AM Re: Tyros 2 demo
MacAllcock Offline

Loc: Preston, Lancashire, England
Thanks for the translation!

I wonder, does "multi-pressurepoint" mean polyphomic key aftertouch (like my Ensoniq SD1)?

#194932 - 09/05/05 04:50 AM Re: Tyros 2 demo
Roel Offline

KFingers,

What Ketron do you play ?
I consider the Yammie 'Hammonds' to be as good (or even better) as the SD1 organs. e.g. The SD1 sampled organs cannot use speed changes in Leslie and the 'drawbars' sound really bad.

Some state the B3-sound is the only one that counts...... I disagree on this one too.

#194933 - 09/05/05 04:50 AM Re: Tyros 2 demo
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Quote:
Originally posted by keybplayer:
If they Sampled all the Kits on the Ty2 in 16 bit 44.1 kHz then it would be an improvement over the Tyros whose Voices, Styles and Drum Kits i.e. everything - are sampled in 12 bit at 22,050 kHz. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Yes, Mike, you ARE indeed wrong; the Tyros voices and drum kits were sampled at 16 bit and 48 kHz; the styles don't need sampling, because they are just plain midifiles.
Regards,
A.

#194934 - 09/05/05 05:15 AM Re: Tyros 2 demo
o3bor Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreamer:
Yes, Mike, you ARE indeed wrong; the Tyros voices and drum kits were sampled at 16 bit and 48 kHz; the styles don't need sampling, because they are just plain midifiles.
Regards,
A.

I'm wondering how can you (both Mike and Dreamer) say what is the sampling frequency and bit resolution of Yamaha sounds.

#194935 - 09/05/05 06:39 AM Re: Tyros 2 demo
George V Offline

Loc: Sofia
I was wondering how Mike could judge the sampling rate & bit depth of the new Tyros through a highly compressed online demo tracks

#194936 - 09/05/05 09:01 AM Re: Tyros 2 demo
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
As far as sounds you like and don't like, if I am understanding this correctly, you can load in any sample you want that's on the market and will continually be able to update the sounds on this kb with all the latest. If that's so, then, hey, custom make your own kb.

Am I correct in my understanding? If not I'd like to find out.

Best
Scott Langholff

#194937 - 09/05/05 09:12 AM Re: Tyros 2 demo
to the genesys Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Scott Langholff:
As far as sounds you like and don't like, if I am understanding this correctly, you can load in any sample you want that's on the market and will continually be able to update the sounds on this kb with all the latest. If that's so, then, hey, custom make your own kb.

Am I correct in my understanding? If not I'd like to find out.

Best
Scott Langholff

That is my understanding also.
That is wy I feel that in the sound department, Tyros II is a power house.

Now if they would just make a module for the Tyros II they would have me buying one but if not I would not be buying one of the regular Tyros II at this time.

#194938 - 09/05/05 09:22 AM Re: Tyros 2 demo
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
If it does have " real sampling " capabilities, then that's certainly a plus... if anyone will actually use it. I would hope that it isn't set up the way Yamaha did it on the Motif sries. You have to load everything up at each startup, no saving in flash rom.

That isn't all that bad, especially if you have a good usb jumpdrive with enough memory ( Motif can hold 512 mb of samples ) but the menu screens and processes required to take raw samples and make something useable out of them is mind boggling. It isn't nearly as bad when you have a sample package already put together that you can load up, but making your own from scratch .. man .. all I can say is fugettaboudit ( in my very NY Italian accent of course )....

I wonder if the user will need to install memory modules ( dimms, etc ) like I had to on the Motif...

AJ

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online