SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#194919 - 09/04/05 11:24 AM Re: Tyros 2 demo
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I tried everything I could do get the Tyros drums to sound more live. The closest I came was by routing through the subouts in their own channels. This takes off the internal effects.
Then you can e.q. just the drums to get a more live sound. Still no SD1 though.
DonM

#194920 - 09/04/05 11:50 AM Re: Tyros 2 demo
royandreno Offline

Loc: Sandnes, Norway
Thanks AJ, but I have Shockwave installed and enabled. I can see the video, but not listen to the samples. Any other advise from gurus out there?
Thanks in advance.

#194921 - 09/04/05 12:04 PM Re: Tyros 2 demo
royandreno Offline

Loc: Sandnes, Norway
Ok, I figured it out, I had to allow all cookies and ads from my virus control programme.

#194922 - 09/04/05 12:45 PM Re: Tyros 2 demo
Roel Offline

For those who do not understand German I tried to translate the video demo :

Evolution is the most powerfull force in Nature:
What’s new and stronger, replaces all that what was good for years.

Modifications for the needs of life.
Evolution is the source of life
Tyros-2 is the source for music
Tyros-2 is the new species in the world of music
Equiped with new features that makes it absolutely far superior

Please listen to 2 newly created styles for Tyros-2
With the super-articulation voices the Tyros-2 brings new life into your playing
Never before there were this many new topsounds in one musical instrument.
Multipads and styles that use so many megavoices...... 400 newly born in Tyros 2

Experience the top of best sounds ever, the new multi-pressurepoint (hard to translate) keyboard, integrated sample player and harddiskrecording.

Never before the were this many revolutionary functions in one machine..... until now !
Tyros 2 joins them all !

Voice customize function, RGB video out, text viewer, USB to device and Yamaha internet direct connection.
Be prepared to step into a new musical life, follow the evolution, Life finds a way.
Tyros-2 IS evolution, Tyros-2 is Life, Tyros-2 is music, Tyros-2 is NOW !!

Please realize both languages are not my 'first' language.
If someone is interested I could do the same for the other audio demos..... just let me know.

[This message has been edited by Roel (edited 09-05-2005).]

#194923 - 09/04/05 12:59 PM Re: Tyros 2 demo
GlennT Offline

Loc: Medina, OH, USA
I'm not a Yammy guy, but it's obvious from these demos that T2 has some major voice improvements over T1... sounds great to me. Nice find, Scott.

Glenn

#194924 - 09/04/05 01:10 PM Re: Tyros 2 demo
BlkNotes Offline

Thanks for the translation Roel.

I wonder what is meant by 4-layer keyborad. If I extrapolate I would assume that they mean key triggers effects, such as after touch, velocity sensitivity, pitch augmentation etc...?
Also it states 400 newly born (styles) in tyros 2. I assume what they are saying here is that the original 300 tyros-1 styles have been tweaked using the new sounds plus creating 100 more, versus 400 brand new styles.

Regards;
BlkNotes

#194925 - 09/04/05 02:24 PM Re: Tyros 2 demo
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
I'm sure that the 4 layered voices refers to the ability to layer four different right hand solo voices one on top of the other. The Tyros 1 has 3 voices that can be layered while the PSR3000 allows for 2. Does adding another voice or two make a difference in the end result? And how!!

#194926 - 09/04/05 08:39 PM Re: Tyros 2 demo
Dnj Offline

I cant wait to see Michael Voncken do a video demo on the tyros 2

#194927 - 09/04/05 11:19 PM Re: Tyros 2 demo
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Well well well...

Wait wait wait..a minute here..

Here is my observation of the new Tyros2.

I couldn't detect an improvement in the Drums over the Tyros. In fact the Drum Kit they used on the demo "pop und rock" song sounded a little lacking compared to its big brother in my opinion. If they Sampled all the Kits on the Ty2 in 16 bit 44.1 kHz then it would be an improvement over the Tyros whose Voices, Styles and Drum Kits i.e. everything - are sampled in 12 bit at 22,050 kHz. Correct me if I'm wrong.

You would think the Drums would sound a lot better than they do since the sampling rate is higher and also the bit depth.

I have to say I LOVE that Solid Guitar on the Ty2. It is extremely realistic. Good job Yamaha!

I wonder if it's just the Super Articulation Mega Voices that are Sampled at a higher rate, i.e. 44,100 kHz at 16 bit. Maybe the Drums aren't?

The Styles sound like they ARE sampled at 44.1 @ 16 bit though. And that Trumpet and Brass in the Big Band Demo were really convincing. I assume they are indeed part of the Super Articulated voices.

The Saxophones still leave something to be desired though in my opinion. In fact I'm leaning toward the Ty1 Sax sounds from what I've heard so far on the Ty2.

Overall my opinion is very positive on some of the new super articulation voices on the new Tyros2, which are outstanding! A BIG thumbs UP!

If I didn't already own a Tyros and didn't require 76 keys I would definitely consider getting one. If they make a 76 key version somewhere down the road I will almost assuredly get the Tyros2 76 key version. I suppose I can deal with the pointed edges. I will just make sure my medical insurance is paid up, that's all.

Ouch!! I can almost feel the pain now. Doc! Hey Doc!!... As I hear him say "take two of these and call me in the morning". Typical Doctor response eh?

In conclusion, a job well done Yammie!! You guys should be proud of yourselves. Some of the new super articualtion Voices are outstanding, albeit some of them fall short in my opinion, with the Sax'es being in the latter category. At least the Sax'es I've heard so far on the Demos anyway. But the Guitar sounds are muy primo! Excellent Yamaha!

I am really looking forward to hearing some of the other voices, most notably the Grand Pianos and Electric Pianos.

A minor issue is the Organ sounds... Again. Yamaha seems unable to get that real B3 sound in any of its Keyboards. They need to get contemporary and get with it and add some truly realistic Hammond B3 Organ sounds. Korg has em' and so does Roland. Why does Yamaha fall short in this area?? Yamaha seems to be fixated on Theatre type Organ sounds. They need to join the 21st Century and get more contemporary Organ sounds in their Boards. That would put them over the top and be a key ingredient to selling more of their Keyboards in my opinion.

Best regards,
Mike

#194928 - 09/05/05 03:24 AM Re: Tyros 2 demo
trevorjohn Offline

Loc: Cambridge United Kingdom
Quote.........."A minor issue is the Organ sounds... Again. Yamaha seems unable to get that real B3 sound in any of its Keyboards. They need to get contemporary and get with it and add some truly realistic Hammond B3 Organ sounds. Korg has em' and so does Roland. Why does Yamaha fall short in this area?? Yamaha seems to be fixated on Theatre type Organ sounds. They need to join the 21st Century and get more contemporary Organ sounds in their Boards. That would put them over the top and be a key ingredient to selling more of their Keyboards in my opinion."

Some of us, particularly in the UK would take issue with these remarks old boy. Many of us use Theatre organ sounds extensively in our performances and I for one have never been fond of what I consider to be horribly nasal Hammond sounds.. Give me good old Lowreys any day. Now if anyone could reproduce the real old Lowrey sounds I would be over the moon.

Trevor

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online