SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#188609 - 01/11/05 11:51 AM Re: Korg PA1X-Pro....How do you rate it????
KN_Fan Offline

I'd like to add another discussion to this and hoping to get some inputs also.

Been owning the Triton Studio for a while, I've been thinking after all this time, this is probably not the right keyboard for me. Having been in the Technics/arranger world for a long time, the transition is tough. I can use certain functions on the Triton Studio, but for something I spent over 3000 bux, I am certainly not using the keyboard to full advantage. I find myself trying to figure out how to tweak the effects, or how to make the sequencer work instead of making music. Heck, I got the optional CD writer and I haven't even used that at all! I doubt it that Pa1xPro can be that difficult to operate??

Probably I'm going to just sell my Triton Studio...DEFINITELY mint condition since I don't take it out of my living room and I'm the ONLY player so it's really in good condition. PLUS I'll throw in the soft Korg bag and a stand. I'm still trying to figure out the best way if I sold this via internet.

Now, IF I sold it...should I consider the Pa1X (with speakers) OR Tyros.

My objective:

1. Sound (which is really personal taste. If it's comparable to the Tyros OR if it sounds as good as the Pa1x demo I'll take it).
2. Lots of free spaces to create patterns. I want to be able to chop off songs into: Intro, verse 1, verse 2, refrain, etc..and then play it live or chain it all in the sequencer.
3. Possibly built in speakers.
4. I like Pa1X Pro because its MP3 saving ability.

Can't think of anymore right now...might add later. Meantime I'll wait for anybody's comments.

Thanks all
Jonas

#188610 - 01/11/05 01:13 PM Re: Korg PA1X-Pro....How do you rate it????
Harold Offline

Loc: Harrisville,Pa USA
Jonis...Same Situation with me!..Perfect Roland FantomX7 I'm about to list on E-bay...Beautiful Workstation for someone who needs it...My time is very limited. I just want a quality Instrument with Quality Sounds that I can ENJOY making Music with!...I find Myself spending time with too many Instruments, Sounds, etc and Not even checking whats inside my PSR-3000!...I'm thinning out!...Heck, I even have my Roland XV-5080 Module with sampler to use for Sounds if needed...Again, I just play in my Music room. Best Wishes in your Search.

#188611 - 01/11/05 02:46 PM Re: Korg PA1X-Pro....How do you rate it????
Jupitar5 Offline

Loc: United States
Quote:
Originally posted by KN_Fan:

Now, IF I sold it...should I consider the Pa1X (with speakers) OR Tyros.

I'd keep hold of the CD Writer though as you can use this CDR-1 on the Pa1X (from Version 2.0 I believe).

#188612 - 01/11/05 02:46 PM Re: Korg PA1X-Pro....How do you rate it????
SYNTH_GUY Offline

Loc: CT/NY, USA
Quote:

My objective:

1. Sound (which is really personal taste. If it's comparable to the Tyros OR if it sounds as good as the Pa1x demo I'll take it).
2. Lots of free spaces to create patterns. I want to be able to chop off songs into: Intro, verse 1, verse 2, refrain, etc..and then play it live or chain it all in the sequencer.
3. Possibly built in speakers.
4. I like Pa1X Pro because its MP3 saving ability.

Can't think of anymore right now...might add later. Meantime I'll wait for anybody's comments.

Thanks all
Jonas

The non pro with speakers also has the mp3 ability, except for the 61 keys and speakers it is identical in specs.

#188613 - 01/11/05 02:51 PM Re: Korg PA1X-Pro....How do you rate it????
KN_Fan Offline

Thanks guys for your replies.

As for the CD. I'd sell it with my Triton since it'll increase the probability and price I can sell it at (I'm thinking around 2200-2300). Pretty high, but as I said..this thing is virtually new. I just have to wipe the finger prints from the screen and it'll be 99% brand new.

I should probably check the PA again so I don't get confused. Basically I'm going for the 61 key with speakers. I think it has most of the basic/intermediate functions that Triton Studio has..I'm pretty old school anyway, I only use the keyboard to do 'mainstream' songs instead of the Hip Hop or songs with full effects.

#188614 - 01/11/05 03:29 PM Re: Korg PA1X-Pro....How do you rate it????
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
1.I find that using "display hold" can help with navigating the PA1Xpro.
2. My main concern was the instrument selection when using the STS feature or One Touch. OS 2.0 allows you to see the 4 selected sounds . I find the sound choices to be musically correct and like what's selected.
3. Even though the piano is not as good as my SD1, I can deal with it because all the other sounds on the PA1Xpro are better than the SD1, such as, guitars,organs,e.piano's,synth sounds are better with the Korg imo .
4. I think the styles are more contemporary on the Korg PA1Pro X . Some very nice arrangements with nice underlying parts. Once I found out how to change sounds & volumnes within the style's , I really liked what I'm getting from the Korg.
5. After using the SD1 at Church for about 16 months, when using the Korg, the congregation really liked the sound of the Korg.

That's it Dan O'

------------------
Ketron, Yamaha, Casio,Roland arranger keyboards.
http://www.keyboardcity.net

1-866-348-8876

#188615 - 01/11/05 04:22 PM Re: Korg PA1X-Pro....How do you rate it????
Harold Offline

Loc: Harrisville,Pa USA
"WOW" Dano...That's saying quite a bit, You like the Sounds, except the Piano better than the SD-1...I thaught the Golden Trumpet would never be beat!...Man those demo's sound Good...You aren't foolin' are you Dano?...Hummmmm I may have to call you...By the way, I wondered how long it would take for you to get in on this subject!...Your Friend...Harold

#188616 - 01/11/05 05:15 PM Re: Korg PA1X-Pro....How do you rate it????
KN_Fan Offline

I wonder why I don't see the Pa1X (or Pro) at the GC?

I live in Portland Oregon...GC here is pretty big, but their inventory is not too diverse. Even in a big city like SF, I didn't see Pa1X...cause they think it's too expensive?

#188617 - 01/11/05 08:08 PM Re: Korg PA1X-Pro....How do you rate it????
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Quote:
I wonder why I don't see the Pa1X (or Pro) at the GC?

I live in Portland Oregon...GC here is pretty big, but their inventory is not too diverse. Even in a big city like SF, I didn't see Pa1X...cause they think it's too expensive?

Harold and KN_FAN, I live in So. California and the GC in La Mesa, CA. is the second highest volume GC in the Country. In other words, they sell more stuff than any GC except one, (the one in Nashville, TN) - the music capitol of the world!

I have never seen a Korg Pa1X/PRO in the La Mesa store. The La Mesa store carries music gear that you most likely won't find at most other GC's, like the new Hammond XK-3 and the Nord Electro2 73 Key model. Even then; Korg hasn't seen fit to let this high volume store carry the Pa1X/PRO on display. You can order the Pa1X/PRO from this GC though. It is a special item that can only be purchased on order. Not very good business sense if you ask me. A lot of musicians won't buy unless they can actually play the keyboard firsthand before deciding whether to purchase it or not. Then again Korg probably realizes that most people won't plunk down mega bucks for a Keyboard so it would just be taking up space at GC or anywhere else for that matter. Instead they are catering to the rich who can purchase it by way of special order if they want to, and leave the space on the floor for their big sellers like the Korg Triton Extreme and Triton Studio series which cost much less comparitively in all but a few instances (the Triton Studio 88 Key fully blown model for one). Plus in keeping potential customers from actually playing it first, the ones that do purchase it sight unseen will probably be less likely to return it IMO because of the hassle involved with returning special order item[s]. -- Just a thought.

So even though a person may be somewhat dis-satisfied with the Pa1X/PRO, he may keep it anyway just to avoid the hassle of returning his special order item.

>> Korg is smarter than we think...

Best regards,
Mike

[This message has been edited by keybplayer (edited 01-11-2005).]

#188618 - 01/11/05 11:58 PM Re: Korg PA1X-Pro....How do you rate it????
jamman Offline

Loc: City of Angels in the golden s...
Quote:
Originally posted by SYNTH_GUY:
The non pro with speakers also has the mp3 ability, except for the 61 keys and speakers it is identical in specs.

not exactly though.pro version comes with HD,and in non pro model HD is an option.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online