Quote:
Originally posted by KN_Fan:
I wonder why I don't see the Pa1X (or Pro) at the GC?

I live in Portland Oregon...GC here is pretty big, but their inventory is not too diverse. Even in a big city like SF, I didn't see Pa1X...cause they think it's too expensive?

Harold and KN_FAN, I live in So. California and the GC in La Mesa, CA. is the second highest volume GC in the Country. In other words, they sell more stuff than any GC except one, (the one in Nashville, TN) - the music capitol of the world!

I have never seen a Korg Pa1X/PRO in the La Mesa store. The La Mesa store carries music gear that you most likely won't find at most other GC's, like the new Hammond XK-3 and the Nord Electro2 73 Key model. Even then; Korg hasn't seen fit to let this high volume store carry the Pa1X/PRO on display. You can order the Pa1X/PRO from this GC though. It is a special item that can only be purchased on order. Not very good business sense if you ask me. A lot of musicians won't buy unless they can actually play the keyboard firsthand before deciding whether to purchase it or not. Then again Korg probably realizes that most people won't plunk down mega bucks for a Keyboard so it would just be taking up space at GC or anywhere else for that matter. Instead they are catering to the rich who can purchase it by way of special order if they want to, and leave the space on the floor for their big sellers like the Korg Triton Extreme and Triton Studio series which cost much less comparitively in all but a few instances (the Triton Studio 88 Key fully blown model for one). Plus in keeping potential customers from actually playing it first, the ones that do purchase it sight unseen will probably be less likely to return it IMO because of the hassle involved with returning special order item[s]. -- Just a thought.

So even though a person may be somewhat dis-satisfied with the Pa1X/PRO, he may keep it anyway just to avoid the hassle of returning his special order item.

>> Korg is smarter than we think...

Best regards,
Mike

[This message has been edited by keybplayer (edited 01-11-2005).]