SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#188103 - 11/04/06 01:01 PM T2 FOR SALE
jonesyboy Offline

Anyone interested in buying an immaculate T2 with speakers/Speaker stand manuals and all cables etc ... email me - price £1,899
Mark
markjones01@sky.com

#188104 - 11/04/06 01:42 PM Re: T2 FOR SALE
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Mark, what 76 keyboard did you decide on?

#188105 - 11/04/06 02:22 PM Re: T2 FOR SALE
jonesyboy Offline

Wersi abacus - just haggling on price!
Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
Mark, what 76 keyboard did you decide on?

#188106 - 11/04/06 08:17 PM Re: T2 FOR SALE
Dnj Offline

Why did you decide to change?

#188107 - 11/04/06 11:09 PM Re: T2 FOR SALE
Ensnareyou Offline

Loc: California
Quote:
Originally posted by jonesyboy:
Wersi abacus - just haggling on price!

You can't go wrong with the Wersi that's for sure. Wersi has been making OAS instruments longer than anyone else and their software, user interface, and sounds are superb. The Orchestral sounds are especially nice. OAS 7 brings the Abacus to a new level that no other arranger can yet challenge. I really like the feel of the keybed Wersi uses and their build quality is fantastic. The other advantage the Wersi has is a wonderful sounding internal sound system. It does weigh a lot because of the all metal and wood construction but that's what one would expect from such an instrument at that price.

Since Wersi's customers are primarily older and they're not as computer savvy, Wersi overcame this by making an instrument that practically anyone can turn on, use, and understand without ever cracking a manual open. Almost idiot proof you might say. I'm always amazed just how easy it is to use and how it works as it should. Every manufacturer should strive to make their instruments this easy to use.

The Lionstracs Mediastation is a good alternative to the Wersi but its not as easy to use as the Wersi. Lionstracs build quality isn't on par with the Wersi (no other arranger I've seen is), but its still very good. Lionstracs just released new software which greatly improved the instrument and added new GIGA sounds. Dependent upon which features you require the Lionstracs may be an option for you. The Mediastation sound library isn't as extensive as the Wersi out of the box but you can buy third party sounds and software to broaden the Lionstracs sound palette.

Korg is also breaking new ground with their Oasys but to date it lacks arranger functions. Version 1.2.2 adds new Analog synth emulations of the Korg MS20 and Polysix. You can use and program KARMA scenes to act like an arranger but that takes quite a bit of time. The Oasys sounds great and the synthesizer and KARMA features are its strongest points. If only Korg would incorporate arranger functions from the PA1X Pro into the Oasys they would have a true monster on their hands. Only time will tell what Korg will do. Some third party companies are now beginning to develop sounds for the Oasys as well.

No matter which unit you buy, all will make you very happy. You definitely can't go wrong with the Wersi though!

#188108 - 11/05/06 01:28 AM Re: T2 FOR SALE
jonesyboy Offline

Hiya - have the E80 which is great so the T2 is giving way for a 76 note - T2 is a great instrument just not for my needs,
Mark
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Why did you decide to change?

#188109 - 11/05/06 05:43 AM Re: T2 FOR SALE
Dnj Offline

Thanx for the T2 info....btw jonesboy Id love to hear few short mp3 demo songs by you on the E80....I also got rid of my T2 for some personal onstage reasons myself so I feel your pain

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 11-05-2006).]

#188110 - 11/05/06 07:36 AM Re: T2 FOR SALE
jonesyboy Offline

I'll see what I can do...
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Thanx for the T2 info....btw jonesboy Id love to hear few short mp3 demo songs by you on the E80....I also got rid of my T2 for some personal onstage reasons myself so I feel your pain

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 11-05-2006).]

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online