SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#189469 - 11/05/06 06:04 AM Keyboard freaked out on job
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
I played a private party last night; I was statioined outside. Ran extension cord from outside wall outlet. My psr2000 has never done this. I can't recall if it was just when playing a midi or just when playing a style or both... but I would be playing a song with, say, right hand being piano... and the right hand voice would suddenly change to flute or sax or whatever. Might do that more than once during the song. It also would sometimes start playing the Layer voice. This is with me not striking anything but the keys. Any idea?

I thought it might be 'dirty power' or something power-related. Only because I have seen info about this being a possible culprit for weird things with your keyboard?

I turned it off and back on but that did not fix it. After awhile, maybe 30 minutes of songs, it began acting normally.

------------------
Bill
Yamaha PSR2000

#189470 - 11/05/06 06:06 AM Re: Keyboard freaked out on job
Dnj Offline

R U playing smoke filled rooms? nicotine buildup could make it act weird for sure?
After a full facory reset does it still do the same thing?

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 11-05-2006).]

#189471 - 11/05/06 06:52 AM Re: Keyboard freaked out on job
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
It is SO used to smoke, that it could't function outside in clean air!! Do like HankB and pour a Vodka & Tonic down it.
Seriously, if it was happening during Style play, I can't think of a reason I've ever heard of, if you weren't using any program changes or Registration changes.
DonM

#189472 - 11/05/06 08:15 AM Re: Keyboard freaked out on job
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Bill...
You say you were stationed outside. What was the temperature? If cool and your 2K was not warmed up, it could be the culprit.
Eddie

#189473 - 11/05/06 08:19 AM Re: Keyboard freaked out on job
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Bill,

If I recall, didn't you say there were some bad buttons on the keyboard, ones that didn't work unless you mashed down hard on them? If this is the case, and those buttons have not been changed, there's a good chance that one or more of them is possibly making a connection when it should not.

Additionally, as I stated so many times in the past, smoke-filled rooms trash keyboards, fan-cooled amps, mixers, mics and a host of other very expensive electronic gear.

Good Luck,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online