SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#186227 - 10/07/05 06:45 AM How long some of us have been members here!
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Tomorrow will be my 5th year anniversary here on the SynthZone. Its odd how five years here went by so fast. I remember when I joined everyone was playing the PSR-740, and some still had the PSR-730. Others were playing Roland G-1000's, Roland EM-2000's, Korg I30's, Ketron X1's, and a few even had the PSR-9000. There were even a few Farfisa G-7's

Then the PSR-2000 came out and the board went apesh@! Everyone was buying those. I remember how happy we all were because Yammie dropped the disk based sequencer, added voice editing, and had a whole new look.

I've seen numerous members come and go. Some very nice, some not so nice It has been an interesting five years here. I've got to know quite a few members. Talk to some on the phone, found out I actually worked with one. Shared ideas, ect. This is a good place and I'm lookng forward to the next five years (hopefully the Zone will still be here)

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#186228 - 10/07/05 06:56 AM Re: How long some of us have been members here!
Dnj Offline

Ive also just hit the 5yr mark with over 5000 posts too
Its funny how you can make so many great friends that you can enjoy something you also love with them around the world....meeting some of them in person, other just by reading text on a computer page and feel you know them like family too......its a wonderfull technological age we all live in....in some aspects I miss the old days of pre computers, no DJ's, Sequencers etc etc .. but in many ways I get excited to know I'll be around to be part of the future and whats coming up especially in musical technology. I'm glad I can blend the two eras into my music & my life also. I hope to meet many more people along the way, some of my dearest friends are due to the SZ forum ......play music every day my friends its the "Magic Medicine of Life"

#186229 - 10/07/05 07:10 AM Re: How long some of us have been members here!
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
I see that I came here Jan 02, of 2000, so I am almost to the 6 year mark.
My group was all Technics player/owners in those days and we were being treated badly at another BB. I aksed Nigel if I could have a Technics forum here and he agreed if I would moderate it. I did that for a few years until I got so stressed out with some of the jerks that I just gave it up and Nigel has been doing it since. He has a lot more tolerance and patience that I do maybe because I am 25 years older then he is
I bought a Yamaha PSR 9000 even though I had 4 Technics left in the studio, out of several I had bought over the years.
I have just purchased the Tyros 2 and anxiously await delivery in November.
You may recall I put together the Synthzone Jam here at my place in San Jose a year and a half ago.
I am now anticipating putting together another Jam for the Synthzone highlighting the Tyros 2. We already have several people in the San Francisco/San Jose area purchasing the Tyros 2, so I can see it coming together possibly winter to spring of next year.
Best to all
BEBOP

#186230 - 10/07/05 08:17 AM Re: How long some of us have been members here!
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
11/24/1994 is what it says on my profile, but I think I joined the original Chris Hansen Synthzone site in 1997 if I'm not mistaken. Do any of you remember that site before Nigel moved us to this current one. I sure like the ease of navigation better here.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

#186231 - 10/07/05 08:30 AM Re: How long some of us have been members here!
Dnj Offline

are the old forum stats carried over to the new one?

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 10-07-2005).]

#186232 - 10/07/05 08:41 AM Re: How long some of us have been members here!
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I've been a member since June, 1999, and I'm pretty sure that was the old Chris Hanson site, as I frequented that for a long time.
I think Bob Gelman introduced me to it. I became a member after the Technics Canada forum ended.
I'm not as verbose as DNJ or Scottyee, as I only have 4669 posts. Of course what I say is always relevent, to-the-point, concise and never to be disputed. I'm also very humble as you can see.
DonM

#186233 - 10/07/05 08:54 AM Re: How long some of us have been members here!
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
I've been a member since 12/06/1999. My how time flies. In the ensuing years I've had the opportunity to meet and become friends with a good many of you. Don, you are 4 times more verbose than I am. I have a mere 1000 and some posts. Probably 100 of them were posts picking on Uncle Dave or you.

Tom

Tom

#186234 - 10/07/05 09:01 AM Re: How long some of us have been members here!
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
My SZ stats offically says joined December 1999, but I too remember first becoming a member back when Chris Hansen was the SZ moderator. Irregardless, I suppose I'm now the far away winner as Synthzone's gabbiest member, with 6,770 posts to show for it. I've even beaten the former king of blab, Uncle Dave, and by a L-O-N-G shot now. Wow, for better/worse this is all being preserved (on this server) as a document of our SZ family life history for generations(?) to come. PRETTY SCARY!

Scott

#186235 - 10/07/05 09:20 AM Re: How long some of us have been members here!
Roel Offline

My profile says I joined June 1999 and number of posts 1165. Oh yes I remember the Chis Hansen 'period' with it 'blue bubbles' background and óne specific member (rashid ?) who was pretty annoying and fortunately left

I prefer the current forum layout above all others I know.

Scott & I moved around the same time from www.greatwestmusic.com (Technics Canada) to SZ.
As I started writing positive comments for the Solton X1... my posts were removed

[This message has been edited by Roel (edited 10-07-2005).]

#186236 - 10/07/05 09:30 AM Re: How long some of us have been members here!
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Roel, I of course well remember you from the Technics board, and I remember them pulling your posts.
I also got censored for mentioning some good points about Yamaha.
"Ain't it funny, how time slips away."
DonM

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online