SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#185211 - 08/24/05 12:58 AM UK World Premier for Tyros 2
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi All
Just got my September edition of Organ and Keyboard magazine, and it confirms that Tyros 2 will be launched at the Caister Organ and keyboard Festival UK, on Saturday 1st October.
It is also one of the open days so it will allow others not attending the Festival to see the launch.
As most other keyboard manufactures will be there, you will be able to compare the Tyros 2 with keyboards from Roland, Ketron, and Wersi etc.
Enjoy

Bill

#185212 - 08/24/05 07:26 AM Re: UK World Premier for Tyros 2
Bubbi Offline

Loc: Keflavik, Iceland
Hi all of you.
I am an icelandic keyboardplayer and have been spying on you for years. But this is my first post here. I have been playing Psr 9000Pro with a piano plugin board for two years now. I have orderd the new Tyros 2 and can't wait. Does anyone knwo when we will be able to listen to Demos? Yamaha is very very silent.
best regards

#185213 - 08/24/05 08:24 AM Re: UK World Premier for Tyros 2
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Bubbi,
Welcome to the forum. I'm glad you are out of the closet! I'm sure once the TII is officially shown there will be many demos. I haven't heard of any yet though.
DonM

#185214 - 08/24/05 09:01 AM Re: UK World Premier for Tyros 2
Roel Offline

The dutch Yamaha rep. told us that official-specs and demo's will be put on the web :
The end of August... so they should be around the corner

What I heard from my dealer:
Mid september the T-2 will be presented to the dealers (in Tirol !)

He has doubts about the 'full available' date and expect it to be the end of october. (so probably not october 1st)

#185215 - 08/24/05 10:22 AM Re: UK World Premier for Tyros 2
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Tyros 2 demo's will be available starting from Sept. 04 2005.
http://www.yamaha-tyros.com/tyros2.html

[This message has been edited by Dreamer (edited 08-24-2005).]

#185216 - 08/25/05 02:36 AM Re: UK World Premier for Tyros 2
Bubbi Offline

Loc: Keflavik, Iceland
Thanks.
Will be watching this site. The 9000Pro is a good keyboard to play but not good as a midi file player. I'm hoping that midi file playing on T2 will be better.

#185217 - 08/25/05 04:19 AM Re: UK World Premier for Tyros 2
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
The ads state the T2 is "Inspired by Nature".

I'm curious to see how a keyboard can be inspired by nature? I would have liked to have seen a slogan like; "Inspired by the Great Organs and Grand Pianos of the past", NOW WITH 76 and 88 key versions!!!!! That's the only way they'll get me to part with my money.

;-)
Al

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#185218 - 08/25/05 04:54 AM Re: UK World Premier for Tyros 2
pianodano Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, Virginia
Well - as much as I hate to say it, I'll part with my money just to be rid of Tyros 1.

Danny

#185219 - 08/25/05 05:46 AM Re: UK World Premier for Tyros 2
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi All
Here is the full text of the article in Organ & Keyboard Cavalcade Magazine.

Bill

TYROS 2 WORLD PREMIER
at CAISTER OPEN DAY

We have been badgering Yamaha on a regular basis to try & gain more information on the new Tyros 2, but they are remaining firmly “tight lipped” about their new flagship, aside from re-stating what they said last month…”It will be worth the wait”.

What we have been able to find out is that the WORLD PREMIER of the TYROS 2 will take place at the Caister open day on Saturday October the 1st. The premier will be held in the Yamaha activity centre & in addition to the chance to get up close & personal with the new Tyros during the day there will also be a special late night launch party. Resident Cavalcadians (Those that are there for the whole of the week long festival) will also get the chance to hear Tyros 2 in concert for the very first time. Next month we will unveil more information.

#185220 - 08/25/05 06:26 AM Re: UK World Premier for Tyros 2
Tomcat Offline

Loc: Ft Collins Colorado, USA
Hey PianoDano, be careful!! Don't even think about getting a Tyros II until AFTER you take a laptop running your DAW (which I think is Sonar) to the store and connect it up and make sure it will have the DSP functions brought up with the panel voices. You might also want to check and see if you can lock the "local off" function so that you can change screens without the d*mn thing going back to local on. I may have missed it, but so far I can't find any way to do that on the Tyros I.

I personally am not concerned about the key number or size or feel (since I know they are putting in the FS keybed, same as is on the MotifES) but I won't even consider it if it still has those limitations. It makes it almost useless in a midi studio as a sound module even though it does still have some very good controller capabilities.

Tom

------------------
Bigger is not always better

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online