UK World Premier for Tyros 2

Posted by: abacus

UK World Premier for Tyros 2 - 08/24/05 12:58 AM

Hi All
Just got my September edition of Organ and Keyboard magazine, and it confirms that Tyros 2 will be launched at the Caister Organ and keyboard Festival UK, on Saturday 1st October.
It is also one of the open days so it will allow others not attending the Festival to see the launch.
As most other keyboard manufactures will be there, you will be able to compare the Tyros 2 with keyboards from Roland, Ketron, and Wersi etc.
Enjoy

Bill
Posted by: Bubbi

Re: UK World Premier for Tyros 2 - 08/24/05 07:26 AM

Hi all of you.
I am an icelandic keyboardplayer and have been spying on you for years. But this is my first post here. I have been playing Psr 9000Pro with a piano plugin board for two years now. I have orderd the new Tyros 2 and can't wait. Does anyone knwo when we will be able to listen to Demos? Yamaha is very very silent.
best regards
Posted by: DonM

Re: UK World Premier for Tyros 2 - 08/24/05 08:24 AM

Bubbi,
Welcome to the forum. I'm glad you are out of the closet! I'm sure once the TII is officially shown there will be many demos. I haven't heard of any yet though.
DonM
Posted by: Roel

Re: UK World Premier for Tyros 2 - 08/24/05 09:01 AM

The dutch Yamaha rep. told us that official-specs and demo's will be put on the web :
The end of August... so they should be around the corner

What I heard from my dealer:
Mid september the T-2 will be presented to the dealers (in Tirol !)

He has doubts about the 'full available' date and expect it to be the end of october. (so probably not october 1st)
Posted by: Dreamer

Re: UK World Premier for Tyros 2 - 08/24/05 10:22 AM

Tyros 2 demo's will be available starting from Sept. 04 2005.
http://www.yamaha-tyros.com/tyros2.html

[This message has been edited by Dreamer (edited 08-24-2005).]
Posted by: Bubbi

Re: UK World Premier for Tyros 2 - 08/25/05 02:36 AM

Thanks.
Will be watching this site. The 9000Pro is a good keyboard to play but not good as a midi file player. I'm hoping that midi file playing on T2 will be better.
Posted by: kbrkr

Re: UK World Premier for Tyros 2 - 08/25/05 04:19 AM

The ads state the T2 is "Inspired by Nature".

I'm curious to see how a keyboard can be inspired by nature? I would have liked to have seen a slogan like; "Inspired by the Great Organs and Grand Pianos of the past", NOW WITH 76 and 88 key versions!!!!! That's the only way they'll get me to part with my money.

;-)
Al
Posted by: pianodano

Re: UK World Premier for Tyros 2 - 08/25/05 04:54 AM

Well - as much as I hate to say it, I'll part with my money just to be rid of Tyros 1.

Danny
Posted by: abacus

Re: UK World Premier for Tyros 2 - 08/25/05 05:46 AM

Hi All
Here is the full text of the article in Organ & Keyboard Cavalcade Magazine.

Bill

TYROS 2 WORLD PREMIER
at CAISTER OPEN DAY

We have been badgering Yamaha on a regular basis to try & gain more information on the new Tyros 2, but they are remaining firmly “tight lipped” about their new flagship, aside from re-stating what they said last month…”It will be worth the wait”.

What we have been able to find out is that the WORLD PREMIER of the TYROS 2 will take place at the Caister open day on Saturday October the 1st. The premier will be held in the Yamaha activity centre & in addition to the chance to get up close & personal with the new Tyros during the day there will also be a special late night launch party. Resident Cavalcadians (Those that are there for the whole of the week long festival) will also get the chance to hear Tyros 2 in concert for the very first time. Next month we will unveil more information.
Posted by: Tomcat

Re: UK World Premier for Tyros 2 - 08/25/05 06:26 AM

Hey PianoDano, be careful!! Don't even think about getting a Tyros II until AFTER you take a laptop running your DAW (which I think is Sonar) to the store and connect it up and make sure it will have the DSP functions brought up with the panel voices. You might also want to check and see if you can lock the "local off" function so that you can change screens without the d*mn thing going back to local on. I may have missed it, but so far I can't find any way to do that on the Tyros I.

I personally am not concerned about the key number or size or feel (since I know they are putting in the FS keybed, same as is on the MotifES) but I won't even consider it if it still has those limitations. It makes it almost useless in a midi studio as a sound module even though it does still have some very good controller capabilities.

Tom

------------------
Bigger is not always better
Posted by: acoustictones

Re: UK World Premier for Tyros 2 - 08/25/05 07:46 AM

I understand that we may not know the answer to this question yet, but if anyone does...well, it would be appreciated:

I have read in a number of place that the Tyros 2 will have HD recording (the HD being optional), and it will either be a 4 track or that it will allow 4 similtanious tracks...

Does anyone know, or can clarify whether the HD recording section will be maxed out at 4 total tracks (like the Korg is maxed out at 2 and the Roland is trying to promote that theirs is 8, and the Fusion will have 8), or are they talking about how many tracks can be tracked at a time (which would be AWESOME).

I would love to see them include HD recording with say 16 tracks, and allowing 4 at once. For the money that Yamaha wants for these babies it amazes me that they couldn't do this. 4 total tracks just seems to be a waist.

Does anyone know how this will actually be setup?

Thanks

------------------
DJ
AcousticTones Recording Studios

Re: UK World Premier for Tyros 2 - 08/25/05 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Tomcat:
Hey PianoDano, be careful!! Don't even think about getting a Tyros II until AFTER you take a laptop running your DAW (which I think is Sonar) to the store and connect it up and make sure it will have the DSP functions brought up with the panel voices. You might also want to check and see if you can lock the "local off" function so that you can change screens without the d*mn thing going back to local on. I may have missed it, but so far I can't find any way to do that on the Tyros I.

I personally am not concerned about the key number or size or feel (since I know they are putting in the FS keybed, same as is on the MotifES) but I won't even consider it if it still has those limitations. It makes it almost useless in a midi studio as a sound module even though it does still have some very good controller capabilities.

Tom

Hi Tom,

Have you set up a midi template to do what you want? That is one of the few things I have no problem with on Tyros. I have several different ones that I can call up.

And you are absolutley right about the voice/DSP limitations. I have ordered a Motif Rack ES to keep me going while I finally and at last send Tyros to CA to repair. I am think of insuring it for $5k and hope that UPS drops it like they do my good stuff.

RE 2, I am sure I will have to order it sight unseen, just like I did Tyros. But my wife really wants me to find a store that has one even if we have to drive to DC or NY. (I live in VA. Beach.

Danny

[This message has been edited by pianodano (edited 08-25-2005).]
Posted by: keybplayer

Re: UK World Premier for Tyros 2 - 08/25/05 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by kbrkr:
The ads state the T2 is "Inspired by Nature".

I'm curious to see how a keyboard can be inspired by nature?
;-)
Al

They looked at a bird flying in the sky and decided to design it after the caricatures of a bird, hence the term "designed by nature".

Hahahahaha LOL!!

Forgive me.. It just slipped out.

Hopefully the reason they're being so tight-lipped is they decided to change the design and eliminated the B2 Bomber look, or if you prefer - the "bird in the sky look". Those angled edges really detract from the T2's looks in my opinion.

Also, I hope they relented and WILL offer a 76 key version. If they do that I will at least consider getting one, even though it has those IMO ugly angled edges. My dream come true is 76 Keys, 256 note Polyphony, Add-On Board capability, a Music Finder that corrects all the limitations of the Tyros 1 Music Finder, same Keybed that's in the CVP-309, a Sampler with up to 512MB of RAM capability, 16 track Hard Disk Streaming, and of course a design that doesn't look like a Stealth Bomber. Oh, and keep the price under $4,500 MSRP. I'd be willing to fork over 4 Grand for such a beast but no more. Am I being unrealistic? I don't think so. If Yammie doesn't do it eventually one of other Manufacturers will most likely. I can bide my time until they do, or at least come reasonably close to that ideal.

Here's to hoping -

Best regards,
Mike

[This message has been edited by keybplayer (edited 08-25-2005).]

Re: UK World Premier for Tyros 2 - 08/25/05 11:11 AM

Well since this must be the request thread, they might as well throw in a xp operating system with 2 mb ram and a 150 gb hd for some of our sample libraries. and SPDIF out (not mlan pleeeease). Forget the toy sequencer because with a xp operating system we can choose which one we want.

Danny

[This message has been edited by pianodano (edited 08-25-2005).]
Posted by: Tomcat

Re: UK World Premier for Tyros 2 - 08/26/05 05:47 AM

Danny, what's wrong with your Tyros that it needs to go out for repair? I'm also curious why it needs to go to California instead of your local Yamaha certified repair person.

Thanks,
Tom

------------------
Bigger is not always better

Re: UK World Premier for Tyros 2 - 08/26/05 06:42 AM

Hi Tom,

It the usb thing and something keeps happening to the hard drive (it's a Yamaha drive for Tyros). The HD often goes into some sort of seek mode and locks up the system - have to reboot. re: usb, it's the same problem so many have had I suppose.

There is a dealer here that I have bought from and had repaired my instruments for many years (about 25). He was here at the house last summer and I had him take a look at it then. He told me he would not go into it. Basically, it is throw away stuff or nothing repairable inside if I understood him correctly.

Did you get my message re your midi problem ?

Danny

[This message has been edited by pianodano (edited 08-26-2005).]

Re: UK World Premier for Tyros 2 - 08/27/05 06:06 PM

Anybody know anything about how the HD recorder will be setup? 4 track total? 4 track simultanious with 8-16 track total? Other?

Re: UK World Premier for Tyros 2 - 08/27/05 06:06 PM

Anybody know anything about how the HD recorder will be setup? 4 track total? 4 track simultanious with 8-16 track total? Other?

------------------
DJ
AcousticTones Recording Studios