SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#179063 - 06/08/05 12:25 AM Sad news
fathan Offline

Loc: Indonesia
Yesterday, at 3.30 pm, I was at work, my wife and kids was visiting her friend. There was only my 18 year old housekeeper at my house when 7 robbers got into the house, locked the housekeeper in his room, got into my bedroom, took all my wife's jewelry, took the suitcase full of important papers (Birth certificate, marriage license etc ) and my dearest YAMAHA PSR3000 which I've just had it for 5 months.These robbers really have a good teste. It took them 3- 4 minutes to finished their job. The TV, sound system (I had a pretty good one ), they didn't touch them, thanks God. But my biggest lost is secure feeling. Now I have to move out. I hope what happened to me, will never happen to all of you in this forum.
Stay alert
Regards

Fathan

#179064 - 06/08/05 01:35 AM Re: Sad news
trident Offline

Loc: Athens, Greece
Fathan,
the lucky thing is they didn't harm anyone. Material things can be bought again, but you cannot "undo" loss of life.
Hope it is the last time you feel like that.
Theodore

#179065 - 06/08/05 02:01 AM Re: Sad news
Sheriff Offline

Loc: Frankfurt, Hessen, Germany
Sorry to hear about your destiny. I know that this will sometimes lead into the feeling of unsecurity. Maybe, we are too confident with our lives and so we loose control in such situations. Stay watchful in every minute of your life because the destiny will always beat us right in that moment when we are careless...

I hope that the things will soon getting better for you. The most important thing is that you and your friend didn't get violated by the robbers. It'll be some work to get your papers back (or again). The other valuable things like the synth can be replaced by insurance.

------------------
Greetings from Frankfurt (Germany),
Sheriff ;-)

#179066 - 06/08/05 04:50 AM Re: Sad news
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
fathan,

Thank goodness you and your family were not hurt. It's only material things, so I wouldn't be too upset. They can be replaced.

My philosophy is to always make something positive happen from something negative. I preach this to my family and my co-workers.

Sieze this opportunity to make a more positive impact on your life. Perhaps move to a better place, replace your 3000 with a Tyros, find God,.... do something positive and you will feel reborn!!!!

Best of luck
Al

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#179067 - 06/08/05 06:06 AM Re: Sad news
PraiseTheLord Offline

Loc: N Fort Myers, FL, USA
Fathan

Thank God that you and your loved ones are safe.

There is so much emotion attached to a musical instrument as you have played it, that I understand your feeling of loss too.

This is a scary world and my heart and prayers reach out to you, to help you in the coming months.

God Bless You

#179068 - 06/08/05 07:03 AM Re: Sad news
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
fathan
So sorry to hear about your experience...
As others have said, thank God no one was injured, or worse...
We had been burglarized several years ago, so I can appreciate your feeling of being violated ...It took a long time before we felt comfortable in our house again ...

Our prayers are with you and your family ...
t.

#179069 - 06/08/05 07:17 AM Re: Sad news
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Sorry to hear that man. Glad your family is safe. I can totally relate to your situation. When I was 13 years old I was home alone, and two robbers snuck in our back door. Long story short I ended up shooting one in the a#*@ with a high power 22cal break barrel pellet rifle. They both bolted out of the house. I called the cops, they tracked him down later at the hospital. They had to remove the pellet from his butt cheek. He then snitched out his friend. I tell you it's a scarey thing when someone comes into your home like that. Again thank goodness your family wasn't home at the time and no one was injured.

Squeak

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 06-08-2005).]
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#179070 - 06/08/05 07:43 AM Re: Sad news
Clif Anderson Offline

I suggest you don't use that housekeeper again.

#179071 - 06/08/05 07:43 AM Re: Sad news
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Squeak, I had a similar experience. It was in Fairbanks, Alaska. My mom was bed-ridden...8 months pregnant. My dad was on alert at Ladd AFB. We lived in a cabin in Grail, Alaska...really isolated in the middle of the winter.

A fellow hung around a window for about an hour, then broke the window and came in. I shot him in the knee with my little 410 over/under Savage, and kept the gun on him until daylight. My little brother bundled up and went to the neighbors (about 300 yards away in minus degree weather) to get help.

The wierd thing is, this guy got out of jail a year later, and I'd see him limping around downtown Fairbanks.

The Air Force made me see a military psychologist who asked me how I felt about what had happened. I told him that the only thing I wasn't sure of is wether I should have killed him or not.

I have regretted what happened all my life, but, given the situation, I didn't have a choice. The guy had been assaulting women and robbing them.

So sad...

Russ

#179072 - 06/08/05 08:13 AM Re: Sad news
GlennT Offline

Loc: Medina, OH, USA
So sorry to hear about your experience, but thank God it wasn't worse. You might want to get a dog or good alarm system.

Glenn

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online