SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#177463 - 01/31/04 12:53 PM Re: Partnership woes / ethics ...........
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Uh Hummmm....

Exceuuuuuuse me - It's now 239 as of this morning !
I had Ham & Eggs with mashed turnips for lunch ..... mmmmmmmmm

whoops, I think I just dropped another pound !

#177464 - 01/31/04 12:56 PM Re: Partnership woes / ethics ...........
Dnj Offline

239? why you Svelt hot body...
watch out girls!!

#177465 - 01/31/04 02:07 PM Re: Partnership woes / ethics ...........
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Just think, I used to know Dave when he made Donny look like a lightweight.

Go with Option #2 Dave--it's a no brainer!

Good Luck,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#177466 - 01/31/04 02:31 PM Re: Partnership woes / ethics ...........
Dnj Offline

Why does society think everyone has to look like models?...to me most of those models look emaciated, & skinny...and I mean the men also......I think everyone is brainwashed with this diet stuff...
lose it gain it ....lose it gain it thats what it all about?

Now wheres my Monicottis Sauage/Meatballs?
& a dozen Baked Clams!

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 01-31-2004).]

#177467 - 01/31/04 02:56 PM Re: Partnership woes / ethics ...........
KN_Fan Offline

Before we know it this will turn once again to the "Atkins Diet" thread! lol!!!

UD is so forgiving, heck if I need a head start working for somebody I should call you up! (you won't be sorry)

#177468 - 01/31/04 11:40 PM Re: Partnership woes / ethics ...........
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
I'm trying to learn from this experience. As a soloist, we all fall into little "traps" and they can create big problems if we don't check into reality once in a while.

The idea of playing totaly live music with no electronics is very exciting to me, however -I AM spoiled by the tight rhythm and controlled tone that my machine gives me. Still, there is merit in having a human element to play off of. I want to try and make the best of this, but I don't know if it's really possible. Given the chance to play with live drums or the machine is not the comparison. I prefer live ANY day, as long as it's quality, but the real chalenge in this case is playing with THIS particular drummer instead of the machine. It may prove to be too frustrating, but I'm going to give it a real shot. My vocals are strong, my bass lines are strong ... the third priority is the drums, and if he gets that all together - I can sell it. The vocal harmonies work OK - we do Righeous Bros and Everly Bros tunes just fine. I'll take it week to week, but he IS going to have to set up and use his own PA. My gear is set up as as solo rig. Tough nuggies.

#177469 - 02/02/04 07:54 AM Re: Partnership woes / ethics ...........
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
UD .... Like you, I LOVE playing with a 'live' rythm section ...
But you've played primarily as a soloist for so long, I think any 'partner' would be an adjustment ...
BUT ... it is HIS gig (job ), so you either take option 2 or try to see if it will work out ... My money says it's going to be like the kb with the small plastic keys... it is what it is, and while there might be some positive improvement, I don't see this duo lasting ... When (not if) you bow out, the management will decide if they are going to stick with him or go another route... and if you're bringing in a new crowd... well, enjoy your new gig ...
And keep management out of the discussion ... they couldn't care less about that stuff...
t.

#177470 - 02/03/04 12:55 PM Re: Partnership woes / ethics ...........
Leon Offline

Loc: British Columbia
UD..you state that this individual is a drummer. I gotta ask, what kind of gig could a drummer (on his own) possibly get, apart from a parade!!
Gotta go with the majority on this one....walk away, you've got better things to do with your talent.
Just my thots...L

#177471 - 02/03/04 01:04 PM Re: Partnership woes / ethics ...........
The Pro Offline

Loc: Atlanta, Georgia
Actually I think it would be cool to play with a percussionist instead of a drummer... kinds like the percussionist with Spyro Gyro or something like that - very visual, some congas and lots of interesting Latin percussion instruments could add a lot without getting in the way of the existing drum tracks. I once played with a guy who used a drumKat midi controller - he just plugged into my 9000 Pro and added some accents here and there. Just for thought...

#177472 - 02/03/04 01:32 PM Re: Partnership woes / ethics ...........
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
If there is a percussionist at a live show I will spend at least as much time watching him/her as I will the main performer ... Some of them are SO talented and interesting and add a whole different dimension to the music...
t.

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online