SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#177443 - 01/30/04 09:55 AM Re: Partnership woes / ethics ...........
Beakybird Offline

1. Bow out.
2. Tell the drummer in a kind way that you prefer to work as a one man band. It is not your job to improve others. Of coure, offer him the whole truth if he asks, but only if he asks.
3. Tell management you're available. Merely say that you prefer to be a one man band and leave it at that.
4. Tell the drummer that if the management calls you that you will take the job but that you aren't going to aggressively pursue work there. It is not necessary to tell the drummer that you left your # with management.
5. If the management hires you, explain that you are obliged to take the work as this is how you earn a living.

If you follow this plan, you have done nothing unethical, you have done nothing harsh. If his feelings are hurt, it is not your fault.

Beakybird

#177444 - 01/30/04 10:14 AM Re: Partnership woes / ethics ...........
Richard Peck Offline

Loc: Tucson, AZ USA
I too vote for option 2. I think Scott said it well. Bow out with class and let the rest take care of itself. It sounds like your "partners" social awareness and self objectivity leave a lot to be desired.

RP

#177445 - 01/30/04 10:57 AM Re: Partnership woes / ethics ...........
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
We're all on the same page it seems. I fell better about that now. I never like giving anyone the "axe" ..... even if it's me, but in this situation...... Terry is right - it can only get worse.
Another drum bites the dust .....
Thanx all.

#177446 - 01/30/04 11:32 AM Re: Partnership woes / ethics ...........
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Well, I guess you have to give him a little notice . . .
DonM

#177447 - 01/30/04 11:58 AM Re: Partnership woes / ethics ...........
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Dave as you know , we don't burn bridges...or hurt anyone,, Give him a couple weeks notice that you want to close out the "DUO"...Don't go to the owner...Let one of the patrons speak in your behalf to bring you back as a single...I will wait a couple weeks and I am taking a good looking girl singer with me and steal the job anyway!!

#177448 - 01/30/04 12:30 PM Re: Partnership woes / ethics ...........
GlennT Offline

Loc: Medina, OH, USA
Option 2, hands down.

#177449 - 01/30/04 12:33 PM Re: Partnership woes / ethics ...........
beachbum Offline

Loc: Austin
I Suggest you bring a Karaoke machine with you to next weeks gig. Then just kick back and enjoy a beer...

#177450 - 01/30/04 12:47 PM Re: Partnership woes / ethics ...........
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
I would never just walk away and leave him without a replacement - not my style. As a matter of fact - he just called and apologized for 1/2 hour. I told him my concerns. I was blunt, but fair, and not condecending. He took it in stride and now, we'll have to see if anything gets better.

My gut tells me that most of the trouble is just the addition of another "chef" in my kitchen. maybe I can overcome that and have some fun with it. Sigh ...... personell issues - this is why I went solo in the FIRST place !

#177451 - 01/30/04 12:55 PM Re: Partnership woes / ethics ...........
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Maybe he reads this forum!
Don

#177452 - 01/30/04 02:37 PM Re: Partnership woes / ethics ...........
mango Offline

Loc: usa
Dave,
Ethically i think the best thing to do
is to find a really hot young female singer with a huge repetoire and have her audition on the same night your daf is scheduled when she blows him away let him know his time has come bid him a polite sorry, its only right . For the sake of the art and your rep!
By the way happy birthday!
Mango

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online