SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#174704 - 10/02/04 08:33 AM New PA1X Today
mdolmon Offline

Loc: Cleveland, Ohio,US
Well thank to Uncle Dave and a buyer Lhawk I sold my PSR740 and bought a new Korg PA1X. It's not even out of the box yet as I write this. My plans are to use it as my primary keyboard with my contempory Jazz duo. I'll spend this week getting used to it and it's 1st gig is scheduled the 23rd. I'll post my impressions along the way and a final review after the gig.....

#174705 - 10/02/04 08:35 AM Re: New PA1X Today
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
You're gonna love it.....as long as you're not as picky as I am!
That kb was 98% what I would design. Good luck with it!

#174706 - 10/02/04 10:05 AM Re: New PA1X Today
Benno Kattenat Offline

Loc: qualicum beachBC Canada
YES UNCLE DAVE HE WILL LOVE IT IF HAS PATIENCE, I SURELY LOVE MY PRO,HAPPY PLAYING,BEST REGARDS ,BENNO

#174707 - 10/02/04 09:55 PM Re: New PA1X Today
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Yup. Korg has a steep learning curve, but it's worth the climb !

#174708 - 10/03/04 07:41 AM Re: New PA1X Today
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
I've been very impressed by the Korg PA1X's factory demos & songs I've heard from SZ members here, but I'm still concerned about the reports regarding the PAX1's style variation 'out of sync' transition occasionally experienced when performing live in auto accompaniment arranger mode. Just 'how much' of a problem is this, and has Korg since corrected this problem in a recent OS update?

I would find this problem totally unacceptable in an auto accompaniment arranger keyboard.

Scott

#174709 - 10/03/04 10:00 AM Re: New PA1X Today
PraiseTheLord Offline

Loc: N Fort Myers, FL, USA
One of the things that makes the Pa1X so hard to work with is the balance of voicing. On the Tyros, you can choose a style, set the tempo, select a one touch setting and you're ready to go, all showing clearly on a great screen.

On the Pa1X you choose the style, and then have to work hard to get the volume balanced between the voices in each of the single touch settings that you want, and save it laboriously to the songbook. Once you've done that it's great (and then you benefit from the great Korg styles and sounds), but this process is impossible (for me) to do spontaneously (OK maybe impossible is an exaggeration, maybe it will be more possible over time).

------------------
Graham

[This message has been edited by PraiseTheLord (edited 10-03-2004).]

#174710 - 10/03/04 03:10 PM Re: New PA1X Today
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
Help for editing styles ....

To permanently edit the volumes in a style, choose the style, go back to the main screen, (EXIT) and then press RECORD. Choose the option to edit the current style and you'll see a bunch of track volumes. Once you're done, press the little arrow in the top right corner of the screen and choose WRITE STYLE. You'll have to store it in a user location. To make temporary edit's, use the MENU/TRACK MIXER function and press TRACK SELECT till you see the style volumes. Once you've changed them you can store the results in a performance (again by pressing the little arrow in the top right corner of the screen).

Dan O

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online