SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#94143 - 09/30/04 12:07 PM OT: ... the hits just keep a comin' ...
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Hi gang ... Last Friday morning (about 2:30AM) I woke up with strong abdominal pains ... since I already take Prevacid for reflux, I decided to try a couple of Maalox tabs, and at my wife's suggestion, some Bay Leaf tea.... after about an hour the pain subsided and I was able to go back to sleep ... The stomach didn't feel great Friday and Saturday, but I was able to cope with it ...
Sunday at about 3:00AM, I wake up again with bad stomach pain and severe chills ... decide to go into the hospital ...Good thing ... apparently I had passed a gall stone which, at least for a while, had lodged in the Bile duct ... This caused a bad blood infection, which the Dr. said could have REALLY been a serious problem if I hadn't been started on anti-biotics when I was ... Tests show no other Gall Bladder or liver problems but I do now have a form of e-coli bacteria ... I was in the hosp for 4 days ... I will now be on IV anti-biotics for the next 10 days with 2 blood tests in between to see how we are progressing ... Word to the wise especially for us more 'mature' players ... anytime you get ANYTHING with chills associated with it, get it checked out ... If I hadn't I might not be writing this to you ... SCARY ...
Besides the pain and problems, being in the hosp caused me to cancel the gig I had for Tues and Wed ... also, I won't be able to play in my son's annual golf tourney this weekend, and because of the meds I'm on, no alcohol at ALL for the next 2 weeks ... not even mouthwash !!!
Golden Years My A$$ ....
t.

#94144 - 09/30/04 01:23 PM Re: OT: ... the hits just keep a comin' ...
del1235 Offline

Loc: San Diego, CA USA
Hi Tony,

Hope you have a quick recovery and will be out and about very soon.

It's just too bad that good health and youth is wasted on the young.

Best regards,

Del

#94145 - 10/01/04 04:58 AM Re: OT: ... the hits just keep a comin' ...
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Tony,

Glad to hear your OK now... What a year it's been. Hope you recover quickly.

Al

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#94146 - 10/01/04 05:41 AM Re: OT: ... the hits just keep a comin' ...
Dnj Offline

Get well GUMBA....

Fogeddabouttit...!

Have somne Broccoli Rabe & Sausage w/ a glass of Vino.....yopu be fine soon

#94147 - 10/01/04 07:24 AM Re: OT: ... the hits just keep a comin' ...
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Tony,

They call this the golden years because it a time in your life when doctors are taking every piece of gold you own and shove it in their pockets. Hell, if that's not bad enough, then the dentists take the gold fillings from your teeth! Get well my friend and good luck this weekennd.

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#94148 - 10/02/04 11:53 AM Re: OT: ... the hits just keep a comin' ...
tony mads usa Offline

Thanks all for the well wishes ...
Yes, Al ... it's actually been a TOUGH 18 months ... but as long as I'm able to talk about it ...
Donny ... the sausage and rabe will be great, but the vino will have to wait another week until I'm off the anti-biotics ...
Gary .... travel easy, friend ... my son's a dentist ...
t.

[This message has been edited by tony mads usa (edited 10-02-2004).]

#94149 - 10/02/04 12:58 PM Re: OT: ... the hits just keep a comin' ...
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Hi Tony, hope you're feeling better soon.

You golden year guys are really waking us younger-mid age guys up to not only appreciating the good health that many of us have taken for granted so far, but how important it is to practice healthy living (regular exercise, healthy diet, etc) 'now' in order to help insure (though not guarantee) better health in later years. I'm Curious to hear if healthy (or lack of) living in ones younger-mid years has had any impact on the health of you older guys here? I try to eat healthy most of the time & get moderate exercise, but I'm just not willing to give up red meat and exercise 7 days a week either. Is it necessary to switch to a radical (ultra low fat & no red meat) diet & ramp up the aerobic excercise to insure a healthier future? Feedback appreciated.

Scott

#94150 - 10/03/04 12:33 AM Re: OT: ... the hits just keep a comin' ...
jamman Offline

Loc: City of Angels in the golden s...
Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:
I try to eat healthy most of the time & get moderate exercise, but I'm just not willing to give up red meat and exercise 7 days a week either. Is it necessary to switch to a radical (ultra low fat & no red meat) diet & ramp up the aerobic excercise to insure a healthier future? Feedback appreciated.

Scott

mod exercise and meat(white is better than red) is fine.
no radical diet needed.
don't smoke.drink less.

#94151 - 10/03/04 07:13 AM Re: OT: ... the hits just keep a comin' ...
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Tony,

Does this mean that you and the real boss (Lydia) have a free dental plan?

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#94152 - 10/03/04 02:57 PM Re: OT: ... the hits just keep a comin' ...
tony mads usa Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by travlin'easy:
Tony,
Does this mean that you and the real boss (Lydia) have a free dental plan?
Gary

Free??? Sure, not counting college costs... I have to admit he did dental school on his own ... well, almost....
t.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online