SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 8 of 11 < 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 >
Topic Options
#172690 - 02/14/04 12:28 PM Re: Proposal: Synthzone Arranger KB Member Get Together in: San Jose, CA !
trtjazz Offline

Well in 30 minutes I would not be able to cover much on any of the mentioned subject possibilities, other than a brief overview.
Terry

------------------
jam on,
Terry http://imjazzed.homestead.com/Index.html

#172691 - 02/14/04 01:35 PM Re: Proposal: Synthzone Arranger KB Member Get Together in: San Jose, CA !
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Mail your checks for $10.00 to:
Bill Forrest
195 Blossom Hill Road
Lot # 279
San Jose, California 95123
Any funds collected over and above the cost of the clubhouse will be used for coffee, sodas, and snacks. I can get some big coffee makers from our social club and we can then buy styrofoam cups, stirrers, powdered cream and sugar from the managers.
We are not getting the kitchen unless we need that room for more time slots. we could also use the Pool/card room for that too.
The cost is for the member only. Your wife, husband or significant other is included. Children are not. This is a Senior Adult facility for Seniors 55 and older. You will need to add $5.00 for a guest you bring other then family as noted above. BUT remember the limit in the building is 100 people max per fire laws and management rules. We will not turn members away to accomodate members guests. That would not be fair. Parking is somewhat limited around the clubhouse as it is overflow parking for residents guests. There is parking out on the streets.
The rules are simple. No Smoking, No Booze, No Drugs.
It is easy to get here. The exit from 101 freeway is Blossom Hill RD. and we are at 195 Blossom Hill RD. about 1 mile West.
Terry, if you need more time you can share a slot with someone that will use less time. Perhaps one on each side of you. When you send in your check Let me know if you will or will not use all of your 1/2 hour, or if you are requesting more than 1/2 hour, so I can allocate to everyones advantage.
I think we can have the clubhouse open by 8 am and the coffee on. Possible even earlier if need be. WE have to close it no later then 8:30 and it has to be empty and locked by 9:00 PM.
Any more questions?
Bebop

[This message has been edited by BEBOP (edited 02-14-2004).]

#172692 - 02/14/04 02:32 PM Re: Proposal: Synthzone Arranger KB Member Get Together in: San Jose, CA !
trtjazz Offline

Bill
That all sounds copesetic, let's wait and see what sort of response I get to my Q's then I can better do a mental plan of what I will need to do timewise.
Terry

------------------
jam on,

#172693 - 02/15/04 10:52 AM Re: Proposal: Synthzone Arranger KB Member Get Together in: San Jose, CA !
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by BEBOP:

I think we can have the clubhouse open by 8 am and the coffee on. Possible even earlier if need be. WE have to close it no later then 8:30 and it has to be empty and locked by 9:00 PM.

Bebop. Terrific. Sounds like a 'full' 2 days of fun!, though I'll admit that it's going to be a challenge to be ready to go THAT early in the morning. Thank God for coffee ! To add to the clubhouse rules Bebop already outlined, I remember him also telling me that his mobile home park also doesn't allow young children (under 12?) on the premises.

Ok guys, I've already gone ahead and sent my $10 check, made payable to 'Bill Forrest':

Bill Forrest
195 Blossom Hill Road
Lot # 279
San Jose, California 95123

As soon as Bebop receives enough money to reserve the clubhouse reservation ($100 total)and which covers the cleaning deposit, we'll then begin organizing & outlining the daily performance & workshop schedule. I look forward to seeing a lot of you at our May 22/23rd weekend Synthzone get together in San Jose, CA. It will be a rare opportunity for Synthzone arranger enthusiasts to finally meet (in person), share arranger playing/recording tips, and most of all, give us the opportunity to play for each other, jam, and hang out together. Bebop, please keep us posted on the the status of your $100 deposit collection drive. - Scott

#172694 - 02/15/04 06:03 PM Re: Proposal: Synthzone Arranger KB Member Get Together in: San Jose, CA !
trtjazz Offline

Bill
Do you know of any motels/hotels nearby that you could put the names up for?
Thanks
Terry

------------------
jam on,

#172695 - 02/15/04 07:16 PM Re: Proposal: Synthzone Arranger KB Member Get Together in: San Jose, CA !
BEBOP Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by trtjazz:
Bill
Thanks
Terry

Terry, I will get to that as soon as I can. We had a neighbor's home totally consumed by fire here this afternoon (Sunday) at 3:15 PM with one fatality. I am pretty tired and distressed right at this moment.
Bebop

#172696 - 02/16/04 06:37 AM Re: Proposal: Synthzone Arranger KB Member Get Together in: San Jose, CA !
trtjazz Offline

Bill sorry to hear. Whenever you get to it is fine.
Terry

------------------
jam on,

#172697 - 02/16/04 06:57 AM Re: Proposal: Synthzone Arranger KB Member Get Together in: San Jose, CA !
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
We had a neighbor's home totally consumed by fire here this afternoon (Sunday) at 3:15 PM with one fatality. I am pretty tired and distressed right at this moment.Bebop

Bebop, deepest sympathy to your neighbors loss of life. To hear of the fire is bad enough, but the loss of life is devastating. Did the fire occur in one of the other mobile homes in 'your' mobile home park? As I'm sure you (and others here) may remember, a fire had consumed the home of our San Jose Synthzone member, Clif Anderson (ClifAnd) as well, back in July 2002. He hasn't been posting very often here lately. Anyone heard from him? I hope he's ok.

I urge everyone here to (if you haven't already) install smoke detectors in your home. In addition, fire extinguishers should be kept handy in your home. Both are home essentials which can SAVE your life.
Most importantly is to remember to routinely check them (annually) to make sure they're in good working order and that batteries are not beyond expiration.

Scott

#172698 - 02/16/04 08:16 AM Re: Proposal: Synthzone Arranger KB Member Get Together in: San Jose, CA !
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:

I urge everyone here to (if you haven't already) install smoke detectors in your home. In addition, fire extinguishers should be kept handy in your home. Both are home essentials which can SAVE your life.
Most importantly is to remember to routinely check them (annually) to make sure they're in good working order and that batteries are not beyond expiration.

Scott

Sorry to hear about your neighbors unfortunate tragedy Bill. Mobile Homes are noted for being match sticks. They can burn to the ground in no time at all much like a dry Christmas Tree does. Poof! and its gone. And because of that people don't have very much time to evacuate.

Scott is right on about smoke detectors and fire extinguishers. Plus, if any residence has GAS or even a Fireplace you should seriously consider getting a (Carbon Monoxide) detector.

"What Is Carbon Monoxide? Carbon monoxide can be a deadly killer. This odorless, colorless gas, known by its chemical symbol CO, is the leading cause of accidental poisoning deaths in the United States each year. More than 1,500 people are killed annually and another 10,000 are injured.
Carbon monoxide is also the leading cause of death in fire-related accidents. Often, victims are overcome by CO before they can respond to warnings from a smoke alarm. Another 3,000 to 4,000 people die of CO poisoning in fire-related incidents each year.

What produces this dangerous gas? CO is the nation's leading indoor air pollution problem. Carbon monoxide is produced when fuels containing carbon are burned in areas where there is too little oxygen or as a result of burning fuels at too high a temperature. Death and injury occur when CO escapes from sources such as furnaces, space heaters, stoves, ovens and automobiles where there is improper ventilation.

Why is CO so dangerous? When inhaled, CO combines with hemoglobin, the oxygen-carrying substance in red blood cells. This reaction blocks the hemoglobin from taking up oxygen from the lungs. Lack of oxygen causes cells and tissues in the body to die. And CO is released from the blood at a slow rate.

How will you know if you have CO poisoning? The symptoms of CO poisoning include headaches, nausea, fatigue and dizziness -- all symptoms that often lead to a misdiagnosis of the flu. Recent medical journal reports found that nearly one in four people diagnosed with the flu were actually suffering from CO poisoning. Medical evidence has also shown that heart attacks and other thoracic complaints have been correlated with high background CO levels in the environment. Low level exposures are especially hazardous to sensitive populations including infants, children, unborn babies, elderly, and those with medical problems such as anemia and heart or lung disease.

What can you do to avoid exposure to CO?

Every owner of a home, recreational vehicle or boat should seriously consider a carbon monoxide detector as an important safeguard against the threats of CO. CO detectors will greatly reduce the number of deaths from CO accidents as well as improve the quality of life for all."

Best regards,
Mike

[This message has been edited by keybplayer (edited 02-16-2004).]

#172699 - 02/17/04 11:44 AM Re: Proposal: Synthzone Arranger KB Member Get Together in: San Jose, CA !
BEBOP Offline

Quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by trtjazz:
[b]Bill
Thanks
Terry

HI ALL
Per Terry's request for Hotel/Motels, here are some that are nearby. I travel in a 35 foot motorhome so I know about RV parks but not motels. I am taking these from the local yellow pages: I note that some of what I thought were motels are now Hotels?
1. Holiday Inn-Silicon Valley, 399 Silicon Valley BL. 408-972-7800 They have the Summit Steak House, our favorite Restaurant. They are about 4 miles from me a block off 101 freeway. 210 Executive rooms and deluxe suites. complimentary airport shuttle. www.holidayinn.com

2. Extended Stay America 6199 San Ignacio Ave. 408-226-4499. I know this place because it is across the street from where I keep the motorhome. It looks like a really nice place. www.extstay.com. nightly and weekly rates. Fully furnished studios, full kitchen, laundry, free voice mail and local calls, recliner, cable TV data port, attractive rates. This is about 4 miles from me and a few blocks off the 85 freeway that is accessed from 101 freeway.

3.Clarion President Inn. 3200 Monterey Rd. 408-972-2200. The add sez it has it all and is reasonable. It is about 5 miles from here towards downtown. Fax 408-972-2632, NO toll free or website

4, Casa Linda Motel. 1669 Monterey Rd. 408-295-3890. Dailey and weekly rates. Electronic Locks but bring your gun anyway. In room phones, some kitchenettes, Microwaves., satellite or cable/HBO, restaurants nearby, air conditioning, queen size beds. aka Holiday Motel.

5. Executive Inn 1310 N 1st. near the airport, 12 miles from here prox. 408-453-1100. One location is closer at 3930 Monterey Rd. 408-281-8700 They have 2 others in area, down town and at the next town south of here about 10-12 miles. No further info on this ad.

6. Motel 6 closest to me is downtown 2091 N First, 408-436-8180 No further info. About 10 miles from here

7. Sands Motel 1787 Monterey Rd 408-293-6025 or 295-8609. Clean Comfortable Rooms at Reasonable Rates, near fairgrounds, about 5 miles from here, direct dial phones, air conditioning, remote control TV - HBO-ESPN. This is prolly a mom and pop operation.

8 Travelodge 1415 Monterey Rd. 408-993-1711. 800-578-7878. This is near downtown, and I don't really know anything about it.

9 Regency Lodge. Adult only hotel, relax and retreat, Adult films in Mirrored Suites. Private Color TV, cable TV, Phone, open 24 hours. Probably rents by the hour. My guess
Do you really want the address and phone, ok you win 195 north 13th st. 408-279-4848. OF COURSE, I don't know anything about it but I have heard some interesting things. something for everybody. girls want cash only and lotsa Don't forget your quarters for the vibrating bed. I don't know if the vcr files are included or not.

You can go to Expedia.com and get the best rates for the hotels/motels here

OK that's it for now. I have to get back to my cooking for supper. It is storming today so It is Navy Beans and Ham and fried taters.
Let me know if you need more places to look at.
Bebop

Page 8 of 11 < 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online