SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 10 of 11 < 1 2 8 9 10 11 >
Topic Options
#172710 - 02/19/04 12:30 PM Re: Proposal: Synthzone Arranger KB Member Get Together in: San Jose, CA !
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Bebop: Yep, Tom Griglock is the same person listed as TomTomSF above. Tom, it will be great to see you see you again. Which of your keyboards are you planning to bring?

Nigel, wonderful to hear that both you and Kerry will be there. Afterall, this event could never have taken place without your foresight & dedication in administering an 'arranger' keyboard specific forum in the FIRST place.

Walt, Wow, it's FANTASTIC that you're able to make it to this truly 'once in a lifetime' Synthzone Convention gathering. This event is quickly becoming a 'dream come true' to finally meet many of the wonderful people I've come to know so well and chat regularly with on Synthzone.

So far, 6 people are confirmed as: 'IN', having already sent in their deposits , at least 7 more people have verbally committed (awaiting deposit confirmation), with an additional number of people still expressing serious interest in coming.

I'm getting increasingly excited (and counting the days now) up to this BIG Synthzone May 22, 23 event! I hope the growing interest & participation by not only California SZ members, but members coming from further afield as well, will attract even MORE members (both in/out of State, and perhaps from other Countries as well) to seriously consider coming to California to attend what promises to be a truly memorable once in a lifetime 'arranger keyboard' experience. Remember, in addition to the Synthzone Convention itself, there is so MANY things to do/see nearby: the romantic city of San Francisco & the Napa Valley Wine Country to the north, and the breathtakenly scenic Monterey Peninsula/Big Sur to the south. All are within an easy 1 drive from San Jose, and let's not forget the attractions of San Jose itself as well.

http://www.sfvisitor.org/
http://www.monterey.com/
http://www.napavalley.com/

Ok everyone, here's your BIG chance to experience a vacation of a lifetime. This is an opportunity for you US East Coast, South, North, Centrally located, and global SZ arranger buddies to discover what our Golden 'Granola' State is all about. - Scott

#172711 - 02/19/04 02:23 PM Re: Proposal: Synthzone Arranger KB Member Get Together in: San Jose, CA !
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Yo Nigel and Walt,
We are so pleased you are now confirmed and coming to San Jose to the SynthZone Jam.
Nigel comes to us from So. Cal. I wrote his wife and suggested she hide his keyboard and just get in the Camero and come join us and Nigel can play my Yam 9000.
Walt is coming from New Mexico and it will be great to meet him as we have been corresponding for a long time now.
It is beginning to get more exciting by the day.
Roger Mepstead (SIC) is coming from UK. He is a pro with cd's. It will be great to have him here. Hey Roger, can you bring Sammi, your vocalist too She sings so pretty. I would give her my half hour just to listen to her.
If anyone is undecided about coming because of the risk of bringing a keyboard, I am sure we can arrange for a keyboard for you to play. Just bring your software and/or periphials. We will work it out.
Keep on Keeping on y'all
Bebop

#172712 - 02/19/04 02:41 PM Re: Proposal: Synthzone Arranger KB Member Get Together in: San Jose, CA !
BEBOP Offline

I just received a confirming EMAIL from DNA that is in Fremont, California, up the street about 15 miles. He said the check is in the mail and he may give his time slot to some other time hog like (not mentioning any names) but how about initials SY
Just kidding SY. Now don't get mad and tell me your not coming. I will come and get you
Bebop

#172713 - 02/19/04 02:58 PM Re: Proposal: Synthzone Arranger KB Member Get Together in: San Jose, CA !
Scottyee Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by BEBOP:
Scott gets first choice of time slots.
Bebop

Ok Bebop, please RESERVE 'my' time slot for Saturday, May 22nd, immediately after lunch, as I'm looking forward to enjoying a delicious lunchtime meal at the 'Fish Market Restaurant':
http://www.thefishmarket.com/san_jose.htm

I remember you took us there during my previous visit with you. I assume the food is still good, right? As I mentioned on another thread, this is just the kind of meal to kick start my performance energy. Donny (DNJ) & Gary Diamond: knowing what food lovers you are, you guys gotta make this trip. You guys both deserve a vacation. Go find yourselves a 'sub' for a week. Even the biggest Stars do that ya'know. And Uncle Dave & DonM, most restaurants out here also offer Atkins menu selections so you should feel right at home. - Scott

#172714 - 02/19/04 03:07 PM Re: Proposal: Synthzone Arranger KB Member Get Together in: San Jose, CA !
Scottyee Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by BEBOP:
He said the check is in the mail and he may give his time slot to some other time hog like (not mentioning any names) but how about initials SY. Bebop

Hmmm. initials SY huh, might you possibly be referring to moi? Don't worry I can certainly keep my performance time down to 30 minutes (if need be), especially cuz I'm working for 'free' here, right? - Scott

[This message has been edited by Scottyee (edited 02-19-2004).]

#172715 - 02/20/04 03:32 PM Re: Proposal: Synthzone Arranger KB Member Get Together in: San Jose, CA !
BEBOP Offline

I have just now received 10.00 from both Nigel and Kerry and also from Tom G.
Scott Yee and I are also paid up. (I got my allowance yesterday
That makes 4 people that are paid to date and have the first 4 choices of time slots for either Saturday or Sunday for whatever you want to do, (that is legal
Let me know your preferences of a time slot and what you will be doing in your half hour.
Keep those cards and letters full of money coming. YES CASH IS OK. I GOT IT. I hope I don't spend it but three months is a long while to look at it
Best to all
Bebop

#172716 - 02/20/04 05:01 PM Re: Proposal: Synthzone Arranger KB Member Get Together in: San Jose, CA !
DNA Offline

Loc: Fremont, CA USA
I wish George Kaye was attending so I could go home with a new keyboard.

#172717 - 02/20/04 08:35 PM Re: Proposal: Synthzone Arranger KB Member Get Together in: San Jose, CA !
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
I will not be able to attend the west coast synthzone get together. I have a Niece graduating from college that weekend and two family members who work at my store will be flying to New York to attend. I will be at my store however if anyone is planning to drive through Los Angeles on their way to or from San Jose. It's about a six hour drive from LA to San Jose.

------------------
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California

[This message has been edited by George Kaye (edited 02-21-2004).]
(Retired 2021)

#172718 - 02/21/04 12:50 PM Re: Proposal: Synthzone Arranger KB Member Get Together in: San Jose, CA !
BEBOP Offline

HI ALL,
I just got a confirmation email from Eric and Claudia in Ventura, CA. They state that the check is in the mail and they are in.
They even sent an extra 5.00 to be sure they are in. They have their time slot selected too. I think an extra 5.00 ought to give them a slot and a half as in 45 minutes
I am happy Eric and Claudia are coming up. I haven't met them yet. My motorhome never seems to go south of Pismo Beach.
It is interesting to note that they live in the same city as NIGEL, but have not yet met but will meet in Northern California.
Hope to see you all on May 22/23.
IF everybody comes we will rent the Colisium
BEBOP

#172719 - 02/21/04 04:57 PM Re: Proposal: Synthzone Arranger KB Member Get Together in: San Jose, CA !
Eric, B Offline

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
Hi Bill,

actually the extra $5.00 were for possible snacks, back up singers and/or dancers

Eric

Page 10 of 11 < 1 2 8 9 10 11 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online