SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11 >
Topic Options
#172620 - 02/10/04 04:10 PM Proposal: Synthzone Arranger KB Member Get Together in: San Jose, CA !
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Hi everyone,

After discussing the idea with Bill Forest aka 'Bebop' (SZ Technics forum moderator) we've decided to present the idea of holding a SZ Arranger Keyboard member & friends get together in San Jose, California. Bebop lives in a mobile home community which includes a clubhouse available for holding special events. The only thing required of clubhouse management is that a cleaning deposit be made, and this expense be divided among the attendees (approx. $10 per person).

A two day event would be a terrific opportunity for Synthzone members arranger keyboard enthusiasts who live on the West Coast (and beyond) to meet, play music, and pick up arranger playing tips from one another. As a pro player, I might present a concert and possibly even host a keyboard workshop as well. Hopefully other pro players and/or dealers will participate and offer their expertise as well. Attendee keyboard jam sessions would be another highlight of the event, but the real draw of this get together is the opportunity to hang out with other arranger keyboard enthusiasts and further the friendships we've made with each other on the Synthzone forum. This get together is NOT arranger brand/model specific. All arranger keyboard enthusiasts are encouraged to attend.

I really would love to see this West Coast Synthzone Arranger Keyboard Event happen, but the only way it will is if there is enough real interest from people to actually attend. Bebop & I have selected two available weekend dates in 2004 that the clubhouse is currently available: The weekend of May 22nd & 23rd, and the weekend of September 11th & 12th. The reasoning for these date choices is because the first date is a week before Memorial Day, and the second falls the weekend following Labor Day, offering better travel convenience (air, car, train) and possibly lower lodging rates & increased availability. Both Bebop's & my preferred choice would be the weekend of May 22nd and 23rd.

In addition to San Jose being centrally located, there are many wonderful tourist attractions within an easy drive: the beautiful Monterey Peninsula to the South, and San Francisco & the Wine Country to the North, and of course San Jose itself has many offerings as well.

I hope everyone here will seriously consider a trip to Northern California for what promises to be a fun filled Arranger keyboard weekend for all, and the opportunity to enjoy the beautiful Bay Area as well. The weather in May is idea.

If there is enough serious interest in attending (over 15 people) we'll take it to the 'next' level. Please contribute your thoughts and let us know which of the above dates you would be able to attend. Thanks, - Scott Yee

#172621 - 02/10/04 04:14 PM Re: Proposal: Synthzone Arranger KB Member Get Together in: San Jose, CA !
trtjazz Offline

Scott
Maybe.
Terry

------------------
jam on,
Terry http://imjazzed.homestead.com/Index.html

#172622 - 02/10/04 04:31 PM Re: Proposal: Synthzone Arranger KB Member Get Together in: San Jose, CA !
Scottyee Offline

Come on Terry, I only 'hope' yours is not just a maybe. As a major Northern California contributor on SZ, your absence would be really missed.

In order to insure this event to actually happen though, enough real 'serious' interest (at least 15 people) is needed before I think it worth it to take it to the next level. I'm hoping the Central California San Jose location will lure our Southern California SZ friends to take the drive (or short flight up) as well. You guys from further afar, it would be a perfect opportunity for a California vacation too. Come on guys, waiting to hear from you.

- Scott

#172623 - 02/10/04 04:46 PM Re: Proposal: Synthzone Arranger KB Member Get Together in: San Jose, CA !
lukitoh Offline

Loc: Hayward, CA, USA
I am in for both dates.

Just an idea is to bring in a different latest arranger keyboards all in one place:

-Ketron arrangers
-Genesys
-Technics
-Roland
-Yamaha (tyros and the latest stuff)
-Korg PA1X
etc

#172624 - 02/10/04 06:23 PM Re: Proposal: Synthzone Arranger KB Member Get Together in: San Jose, CA !
Frank Bez Offline

Loc: Avila Beach, CA, U.S.A.
Sounds good to me.
Frank

#172625 - 02/10/04 06:32 PM Re: Proposal: Synthzone Arranger KB Member Get Together in: San Jose, CA !
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
1. Scott how far is San Jose from Salinas?
2. I'll just bring my Sax would that be OK?
3. How close is the nearest camp ground?
Count me in.
Boo

#172626 - 02/10/04 06:41 PM Re: Proposal: Synthzone Arranger KB Member Get Together in: San Jose, CA !
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Sounds like a great idea. Unfortunately this Michigander isn't retired yet and coming that far west isn't feasible for me now. Good luck.

#172627 - 02/10/04 07:10 PM Re: Proposal: Synthzone Arranger KB Member Get Together in: San Jose, CA !
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Quote:
Originally posted by brickboo:
Count me in.
Boo

YO Boo,
You just bring the Sax, I got plenty keyboards for you to play.
Salinas is about 50 miles or less from here.
We have a great Rv park only about 10 miles from here. Maple Leaf in Morgan Hill, CA. Good Sam Park too.
There is another but I don't like it as well.
Come on peeps we gots to move on this cause I can't block these dates forever. I just wish y'all could and would come
Best to you all
BEBOP

#172628 - 02/10/04 07:13 PM Re: Proposal: Synthzone Arranger KB Member Get Together in: San Jose, CA !
Scottyee Offline

Great to hear that both Lukitoh and Frank Bez (from Pismo Beach, CA) are "IN"! How about Wizboy, Keyboardplayer, Eric Bott, Paul Curzan, and other Southern California folks. It's a beautiful scenic drive up the coast on hiway 1 to San Jose.

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Great idea, I wish I was closer.....
hope it all goes of well......its a great experience to meet oter SZ members..
dont forget to take Pics & Videos for all of us to see too!

Oh Come on Donny, this would be a 'perfect' California vacation opportunity for you and Nancy. You really can't miss out on our delicious fresh bay caught seafood (shrimp & salmon), and of course catching the Crab's at SF Fisherman's Wharf, and of course the wine tasting in Napa Valley. It won't be the same without ya. -

Quote:
Originally posted by Brickboo:

Don't know how far the nearest camp ground is but I'm certain there should be one nearby. Bebop should be able to fill you in on the details. Sure, bring the sax, it would be great have a real acoustic instrument musician to jam with. Your first question brings to mind the lyrics to the Kris Kristofersen tune: Me and Bobbi McGee where it goes "Somewhere near Salinas Lord, I let her getaway" Oh yeah, San Jose is about 50 miles (1 hour) north of Salinas off 101.

cassp: Are you sure you won't like to take a nice sunny California vacation. Just tell the boss you desire some R&R.

Ok, so far 5 people have already shown a strong desire to attend. Only need 10 more people now. Btw, according to Bebop, the maximum number of people the club house will hold is 100 people, so theirs plenty of room. Don't miss out on this rare opportunity to meet fellow arranger keyboard enthusiasts in person as well as exchange music ideas and playing secrets first hand.

Scott

#172629 - 02/10/04 08:38 PM Re: Proposal: Synthzone Arranger KB Member Get Together in: San Jose, CA !
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:
Great to hear that both Lukitoh and Frank Bez (from Pismo Beach, CA) are "IN"! How about Wizboy, Keyboardplayer, Eric Bott, Paul Curzan, and other Southern California folks. It's a beautiful scenic drive up the coast on hiway 1 to San Jose.

Hey Scott, we don't want to overlook Nigel. He lives in Ventura I think it is and his Malibu could hop up here with his yam board and guitar in a hot shake.
come on Nigel this is our personal invitation to you
Bebop

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online