SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#168659 - 04/18/05 06:44 PM Genesys Series On-Line Video
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi,

For anyone interested in a more close up view of the Genesys Series instruments, I have completed the QuikView Video Demo of the Genesys series and it is now available as streaming media from the Generalmusic USA website. This video was recording using the Genesys Ensemble; however, EVERYTHING that is shown works exactly the same on the Genesys SP and Genesys Pro portable keyboards. To go directly to the Genesys Ensemble webpage click HERE .

There is a lo-res version for dial-up connections as well as a broadband version for higher screen resolution. I have also sectioned of the 45 minute video into shorter segments if you don't have time to watch the entire video in one sitting.

I hope you enjoy this latest installment of on-line video demos.

Sincerely,

Dave

------------------
Wm. David McMahan
Nat'l Product and Support Manager
Generalmusic USA
GEM Community Forums

#168660 - 04/19/05 05:44 AM Re: Genesys Series On-Line Video
Dnj Offline

Good job....I enjoyed all of them...now you have to make your product more available to the masses and your on your way...

thanx for sharing.

#168661 - 04/19/05 06:10 AM Re: Genesys Series On-Line Video
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Good job....I enjoyed all of them...now you have to make your product more available to the masses and your on your way...

thanx for sharing.

Thanks Don. Glad you liked them.

Dave

------------------
Wm. David McMahan
Generalmusic USA
GEM Community Forums

#168662 - 04/19/05 10:24 AM Re: Genesys Series On-Line Video
to the genesys Offline

Great job!! I am amazed as to that demonstration of the Genesys even as it barely scratched the surfaces of the keyboard sounds, styles and features and especially since the demonstration appears to have been made with the home market in mind.

[This message has been edited by to the genesys (edited 04-19-2005).]

#168663 - 04/19/05 10:39 AM Re: Genesys Series On-Line Video
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by to the genesys:
Great job!! I am amazed as to that demonstration of the Genesys even as it barely scratched the surfaces of the keyboard sounds, styles and features and especially since the demonstration was made with the home market in mind.

Thanks! There is not enough DV tape in the world to record every feature of the Genesys. I was having a hard time cutting the length of this video down to 45 minutes.

Dave

------------------
Wm. David McMahan
Generalmusic USA
GEM Community Forums

#168664 - 04/19/05 10:54 AM Re: Genesys Series On-Line Video
PaulD Offline

Loc: Eugene, OR
Quikveiw.... LOL

------------------
Paul Davis
Generalmusic
Generalmusic.US

#168665 - 04/19/05 11:59 AM Re: Genesys Series On-Line Video
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by PaulD:
Quikveiw.... LOL

That spellchecker still broken?

------------------
Wm. David McMahan
Generalmusic USA
GEM Community Forums

#168666 - 04/21/05 04:57 AM Re: Genesys Series On-Line Video
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by to the genesys:
......the demonstration appears to have been made with the home market in mind.

Hi,

True. I did use the Genesys Ensemble (home model) for this video. But as you know, the Genesys Pro has the very same functionality.

I am going to be working on additional videos using the Genesys Pro. If you don't mind my asking you, what areas would you like to see covered in short "how to" videos?

Thanks,

Dave

------------------
Wm. David McMahan
Generalmusic USA
GEM Community Forums

[This message has been edited by WDMcM (edited 04-21-2005).]

#168667 - 04/21/05 05:50 AM Re: Genesys Series On-Line Video
to the genesys Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by WDMcM:
Hi,

True. I did use the Genesys Ensemble (home model) for this video. But as you know, the Genesys Pro has the very same functionality.

I am going to be working on additional videos using the Genesys Pro. If you don't mind my asking you, what areas would you like to see covered in short "how to" videos?

Thanks,

Dave

Hi:
Don’t get me wrong, I do realize the task that is ahead of you trying to put all the features of the Genesys in a compact over view package.

I think the Genesys Ensemble demonstration did the job to show how it can be used in that setting.

If you plan to do further demonstrations with the Genesys pro, (witch I am glad you are), one of the things I would focus on, in my humble opinion, is the solo gigging musician in mind.

I would do a more extensive demonstration of the style section and show how easy it is to use on a gig.
Show how sequences, CD, Wave and MP3 files can be incorporated in a gig whether as part of a set or to use during a break.
I would also demonstrate how easy it is to setup and customize the keyboard using memories, sound and style presets song dater base and use of the different drives (floppy, hard disk, CD and ram).

If there is still time whether on the same demonstration or a different take, you can also demonstrate how useful the Genesys could be for creators (composers, arrangers, producers and sound designers).

Just my thoughts

#168668 - 04/21/05 06:59 AM Re: Genesys Series On-Line Video
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks TTG,

That's just the type of information I was looking for. I will certainly take your suggestions into consideration during the making of the next group of videos.

If anyone else has areas of interest other that what TTG has already mentioned, just let me know. Some of you have said that it is hard to find a Genesys in your town and this is an opportunity to have a demonstration of the features that interest you from one of the more knowledgeable people on the Genesys system. If there was a way that I could transport a Genesys through your PC I would, but my quantum physics particle accelerator fragmentation re-assembler thingy still has a few bugs to work out.

Thanks again TTG,

Dave

------------------
Wm. David McMahan
Generalmusic USA
GEM Community Forums

[This message has been edited by WDMcM (edited 04-21-2005).]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online