SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#168427 - 01/20/02 06:06 PM Keyboard Amps from NAMM
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
I wondered around and checked out the Yorkvile line of amps made in Canada and I was impressed with the 50 and 100 watt wedge keyboard amps. The 50 doesn't have Reverb and the 100 does. For the money, both of these looked real good. I made an appointment to see the So. California rep next week. Mackie has some new small 6 channel a larger portable mixers that looked great and at great prices, but so did Behringer have some really nice and inexpensive mixers. I saw two company's (can't recall their names) showing the smallest stereo mixers with power built in I've ever seen in the $500.00 price range. I have literature at my store and will provide more info soon. I ordered some new bi-amped powered near field monitors from midiman. Great sound. Small pair with 75 watts per speakers for around $300.00 a pair and a pair like the Alesis Active monitor ones for $480.00 pair (discount prices). Yamaha's new powered mixers now feature plastic modled cases built into them like the mackie powered mixers, but the yamaha prices are about $100.00 less per model with two mono and two stereo units available.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

#168428 - 01/21/02 06:52 PM Re: Keyboard Amps from NAMM
ChicoBrasil Offline

Loc: Belo Horizonte,Minas Gerais,Br...
Hello George.
I have a 50 Watts Yorkville powered speaker
(2 years old)+ Psr 550 for small gigs.
It's a nice and not expensive combination.
Regards,
Chico

#168429 - 01/21/02 08:31 PM Re: Keyboard Amps from NAMM
Kmac Offline

Another cool plus for Yorkville gear ( at least in Canada) is there is a Two Year Unlimited Warranty
They have some great gear check it out at www.yorkville.com

#168430 - 01/21/02 08:50 PM Re: Keyboard Amps from NAMM
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Thank you for your comments. It looks like I will start selling Yorkville products. The people at the Yorkville booth said that many people have not heard of our amps because we do not sell our line through chain stores. I will be the only dealer in my area selling these products.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
(Retired 2021)

#168431 - 01/22/02 05:22 AM Re: Keyboard Amps from NAMM
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Great line George. We handled them years ago as Traynor, and they were great then too!

#168432 - 01/22/02 05:26 AM Re: Keyboard Amps from NAMM
Kmac Offline

They still do have a Traynor line it's mostly guitar related

#168433 - 01/22/02 11:16 AM Re: Keyboard Amps from NAMM
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
Motion sound is worth talking about . KT80 + new KT60 are great light weight amps (w/ eq). They also have a new stereo amp that will be available for under $800.00 . I have always liked Motion Sound and they have a passion to make a good keyboard amp. Here's an interesting story .
Motion sound released a guitar amp called the SIDEWIDER ( roto-speed built in).
Well a dealer in San Fransico had the 1st amps . Carlos Santana's brother decided to buy 2 amps . Now Carlos Santana is the proud owner of 8 SIDEWIDER guitar amps . The new amp is all over the new SANTANA Album being released this year ! Rehearsal's are going on right now ! And Baltimore local Dennis Chambers is the drummer ! Gotta love it ! dano

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online