Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Topic Options
#167753 - 05/23/08 11:18 PM Re: JBL's VRX 900 vs new Bose L1 Model II
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
Quote:
Originally posted by hellboy44:
Geez, you go away to help the wife finish off some renovations and look what happens...

Well seeing as Diki can't leave this bone alone (as usual) then I won't (as usual)

KF did you really mean to imply that:

1. One single Bose System could do a Major Concert.
2. The Bose has no limitations whatsoever?
3. That it is the future of Live Amplification?
4. That Diki is an idiot for suggesting both 2 & 3 are untrue?

If so, you owe him an apology as these things are gross exaggerations.

If not, I suspect they are Diki's exaggerations to help support his argument.

His Straw man Argument.

So comparing the Bose to what we were originally supposed to be comparing it to in this thread (JBL's VRX 900), I think they're both capable of great sound. I just don't like the weight & Size of the VRX, otherwise it looks swish - really.

Also, how many VRX systems do you need for a smaller venue (I'm unclear on this - I confess I haven't read much of the VRX link beyond some basic specs).

This is important because it will determine overall cost and portability.

As far as the Bose goes I would recommend:

Solo, Duo and (pushing it) Trio: 1 system (with at least Dual Subs).

4 or more players: 1 Bose between 2 (on average).

On a side note, re - cost, I recently sold our old PA system for $2200 reducing the cost of our new Bose nicely.

Anyone handy with a paint brush???

No I did not imply the Bose System is appropriate for a major concert.

No I did not say it is the future of All PA systems.

Diki likes to put words in ones mouth so he can succesfully debate against them indeed. He assumed as well that a prop PA could not be compared to the Bose becasue the speakers were not behind the player......Theres another stretch that I did not make.

All I claimed is Bose found a way to use great techniques that are routinely used in professional large venue situations to minimize reflections (which are the bane of good sound)and apply them to a SMALL OMB or duo situation.I never mentioned how they should be used in a dance club. or in a concert venue. I do know a DJ that uses the Bose and 4 B1s. He likes traveling light I suppose.

I will say this . The Bose is far far better then the Mackie 808s and the JBL MR12s we have collecting dust. But a 300 seat room is large for the wifes gigs.

Nor am I denigrating other systems..I have found you simply do not need to carry a roadie and a small truck to transport and set up your sound system. You can achieve better sonic results for everyone (not just the select few receiving direct sound) and carry it all in Mitsubishi Spyder. There is not a whole lotta compromise one has t make with the Bose to enjoy the portability and clear sound they offer.

[This message has been edited by Kingfrog (edited 05-23-2008).]
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#167754 - 11/03/08 03:38 AM Re: JBL's VRX 900 vs new Bose L1 Model II
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi guys, looks like I am reviving a bit of an old thread, but anyhow, he is my little bit.

Personally, I am using JBL system prx512m tops/VRX 918s bottoms, driven via DBX Drive Rack PA, and depending on the venue my system can range from 2x 12's to 2x 12's and 1 x 18 all the way up to 3x12s per side and 2 to 4 subs(full 3way system)....

I have heard the bose system and for what it is its quite amazing, however, I do believe the JBL system has a little more flexibilty when it comes to varying venues, perhaps not so much the smaller ones, which is where I would love to have the bose, but for a very modular versatile system I must say the JBL is a winner.

Just throwing one out there for comments? but if anyone is running a 2way system with the 512m/vrx918 combo , where do you guys like to have your crossovers set?

#167755 - 11/03/08 03:51 AM Re: JBL's VRX 900 vs new Bose L1 Model II
mikey_maestro Offline

Loc: San Tan Valley, AZ
I bought the prx 515's last year. They are amazing!!!! i wanted to fall in love with the Bose so bad but My heart wouldn't let it.

If your looking for that boom in your face sound, especially if you want to see your drums and bass come alive.

------------------
God Bless,
Mikey

www.mikeymaestro.com
www.myspace.com/kidconcert
www.balloonanimal.com
www.1000colorcards.com

Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online