Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 9 10 >
Topic Options
#166936 - 11/07/06 02:44 PM Re: New GM/GS Sounbank 4300Mb
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Quote:
Originally posted by richard_shiflet:
Al,

My Mediastation MS X-88 Pro has 4 xlr outputs configured as 2 stereo pairs. One stereo pair for the Main mix L&R, and one stereo pair for the Cue mix L&R.

So it is definitely stereo and sounds great with the Native Instruments leslie simulation going.

Also, to the delight of any professional sound technician, they are of pro grade XLR instead of simply the 1/4 inch outputs that all my previous keyboards have had. So no hassle of dealing with an external direct box or converting the high impediance to low for longer runs and less interference.

The additional mix out2 is also stereo but in the traditional 1/4 inch format.

Hope this answers your question

Richard

Thanks richard, that really clarifies it. I thought it odd that it read MONO output and the rest of the board is so revolutionary.

So tell me, how do you like your board and what did keyboard did you replace? How about a review? If you wish to keep it non-public, please send me a private mail.

Thanks and regards,
al

------------------
Al Giordano
www.al-giordano.com

Tyros 2, Yamaha P-250, Korg Triton Extreme 76, Roland VK8-M, DW Collectors Series Drums

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#166937 - 11/07/06 02:46 PM Re: New GM/GS Sounbank 4300Mb
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Quote:
Originally posted by LIONSTRACS:
Don't need continue new Mp3 demos, you know there the MS sound quality, is always at 24Bit, 116dB Dynamic range, no another keyboards can compete with our dynamic.
(we made already a lot of test comparation in the musikmesse....)

Just wait some days when I Upload some new video with the MS-KORE VST Linux and then you get really fun.
I will showm you how I can INSERT new VST.dll in the MS patch and recall it in realtime, switch from VST to VST untill the Arranger/Player is playing too.

I have ready about 50-60 VST plugins and then i shown you there how the MS is able to open all the 50-60 VST and switch it in realtime.

Now you can use the MS like a super Synt, VST KORE player and GIGA player.
Arranger now in the MS is not more interesting for me....
We are continue working in new features without stop.

Domenic,

Can you please record the keyboard DIRECT into the Video Camera when you do record to eliminate the ambient noise and reverb from the room?

Thanks
Al

------------------
Al Giordano
www.al-giordano.com

Tyros 2, Yamaha P-250, Korg Triton Extreme 76, Roland VK8-M, DW Collectors Series Drums

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#166938 - 11/07/06 03:22 PM Re: New GM/GS Sounbank 4300Mb
Dnj Offline

Al....good suggestion...I'd like to hear the Mediastation 76 pro demo that way also....
http://www.lionstracs.com/site/index.php?option=content&pcontent=1&task=view&id=48&Itemid=66

Domenic thanx in advance...

#166939 - 11/07/06 03:39 PM Re: New GM/GS Sounbank 4300Mb
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
Dear BlkNotes
Maybe you dont have understand my statement about the arranger.
Of course we are working on the arranger engine too, because we will make the BEST arranger in absolute!
The 16 Tracks Midi+GIGA+ Audio Sync+ Time Straching in realtime is the probe of our big work and we continue it to make always better.
Only with the PC X86 system is possible make this type of styles, with the embedded system they dont have the power for processing in realtime big audiofiles and Algorithms.

My statement now is developing the new GIGA Linuxsampler GM/GS, matrix of 127 program change with the 127 Variation, mean more than 16.000 GIGA sounds in realtime.
In the GM/GS database we can select what GIGA instruments must Always present in RAM and the other Disk Sreaming.
With this new system we can recall any GM GIGA instruments without delay of loading, like a normally DSP with Flash Soundfonts.

The new LS (Linuxsampler) 4.0 can then recall different database Soundbank presets, in this way we can setup the GIGA soundbank under different format, like GM, GS, XG, Korg, GEM...

I think you have understand the possibility...IF someone will clone some Brand keyboard under GIGA format, then with our LS database can reproduce any type of keyboards setup and play the original Styles because then are mapped in the right Soundfonts.

value that right now we are arrival to 8GB GIGA GM/GS soundbank and we are continue developing new sounds ( always FREE for the Mediastation users)

I think we are the first company worldwide that offer TON of free software POST sales.
The Linux Open Source community is helping us a lot and they continue Uploading in our sever always new FREE sounds.

You know well how much cost the software and sounds library, i think soon the OS that Linux Communuty and Lionstracs offer, will Cover automatically the Mediastation hardware cost.

MAYBE the MS cost a lot, BUT if you buy one good PC system 64bit, TFT monitor, professional audio card, 76 weighted keyboard, the all controllers that you need and the all software to install, will cost DOUBLE of the Mediastation and still you need WEEKS and patience ( for PC maniac only ) to configure the all Windows software with a ( discrete) latency.

I gave the prove in the other post about the 3 years old MS, insert the new OS ISO 1.2 and after 8 minute installation the OLD MS born again New, like the last Mediastation products.
Mediastation will NEVER obsolete and we will warranty OS distribution for the 32 and 64Bit too.
Regards

Quote:
Originally posted by BlkNotes:
Dear Liontracs;
You wrote above---"Arranger now in the MS is not more interesting for me....
We are continue working in new features without stop.
"

I am not sure what you are stating here concerning the arranger section of the medistation----could you elaborate please.

Thank-you
Regards;
Blacknotes[/B][/QUOTE]

#166940 - 11/08/06 03:05 AM Re: New GM/GS Sounbank 4300Mb
jonesyboy Offline

Hi
Having come very close to buying a Wersi (Put off by the price tag ultimately) I have finally opted for the MS 76 Pro instead - I am a little "Scared" but very excited about the feature set - this just seems to be a graet step forward in technology and being a kind of techno junkie I just kept coming back to this instrument. I placed my order today and hopefully will not have to wait too long to get it. One thing I will say is that I have fired numerous emails to Domenico
and he has always replied almost instantly and with as much detail as he can possibly provide - so a really promising start in customer service .. I would be interested to hear experiences from others with this kit - good or bad, For the home I am looking at a pair of Yamaha MSR100 speakers - any thoughts?
Cheers,
Mark
Quote:
Originally posted by kbrkr:
HI Donny,

I don't know if it's VST mania or not, but I'm tired of throwing my money in dead-end hardware and the Lionstracs is really intriguing with it's feature set. since I bounce from one-man to group playing, having custom voices, MP3, and 76 keys are really tugging at me.

#166941 - 11/08/06 03:17 AM Re: New GM/GS Sounbank 4300Mb
Magica Alfa Offline

WE are having really powerful machine. Sound is every day better. VST's are good enough to play (free and also this non free, B4, NI Kontakt, Electrical piano . . . )
You can imagine that as powerful tool. This tool is playing really in live performance. I’m playing with this thing for 5 month in live performances all the types (as arranger mp3 player, midi sequencer, or live band).

I'm using also sequencer type ROSENGAREN in my MS. I can tell that is in range of CUBASE or SONOR, CAKEWALK 9 or some similar. It is enough programmable for all new futures which you want to play.

You can add severally things. LS 4.0, Ni Kontakt, other VST or internal general midi bank. When you are satisfied with sound you can save all as mp3 and this is staying like live performance. I forgot that is also possible to insert your voice or playing real guitar via audio direct to this program. You can add all effect inside so million of possibilities.

But brilliant thing is that you can use this mp3 in internal player where you can change first tempo or you can transpose mp3 for semi tons. Same like with midi song.

This part is good also for all good mp3 made from original studio. Guy this is true.

I wish all the best to LIONSTRACS.

#166942 - 11/08/06 04:18 AM Re: New GM/GS Sounbank 4300Mb
jonesyboy Offline

I'm also intrigued to see how it plays as a standard keyboard - eg, select style, sounds and play! Ok, it has ome great features but as a basic board how does it sound - if this is as good as it is supposed to be then the extra features will really make a difference,
Mark
Quote:
Originally posted by Magica Alfa:
WE are having really powerful machine. Sound is every day better. VST's are good enough to play (free and also this non free, B4, NI Kontakt, Electrical piano . . . )
You can imagine that as powerful tool. This tool is playing really in live performance. I’m playing with this thing for 5 month in live performances all the types (as arranger mp3 player, midi sequencer, or live band).

I'm using also sequencer type ROSENGAREN in my MS. I can tell that is in range of CUBASE or SONOR, CAKEWALK 9 or some similar. It is enough programmable for all new futures which you want to play.

You can add severally things. LS 4.0, Ni Kontakt, other VST or internal general midi bank. When you are satisfied with sound you can save all as mp3 and this is staying like live performance. I forgot that is also possible to insert your voice or playing real guitar via audio direct to this program. You can add all effect inside so million of possibilities.

But brilliant thing is that you can use this mp3 in internal player where you can change first tempo or you can transpose mp3 for semi tons. Same like with midi song.

This part is good also for all good mp3 made from original studio. Guy this is true.

I wish all the best to LIONSTRACS.

#166943 - 11/08/06 04:29 AM Re: New GM/GS Sounbank 4300Mb
richard_shiflet Offline

Loc: Greenwood, SC -USA
Quote:
Originally posted by jonesyboy:
Hi
Having come very close to buying a Wersi (Put off by the price tag ultimately) I have finally opted for the MS 76 Pro instead - I am a little "Scared" but very excited about the feature set - this just seems to be a graet step forward in technology and being a kind of techno junkie I just kept coming back to this instrument. I placed my order today and hopefully will not have to wait too long to get it. One thing I will say is that I have fired numerous emails to Domenico
and he has always replied almost instantly and with as much detail as he can possibly provide - so a really promising start in customer service .. I would be interested to hear experiences from others with this kit - good or bad, For the home I am looking at a pair of Yamaha MSR100 speakers - any thoughts?
Cheers,
Mark

Hello Mark,

Welcome to the family of Mediastation users, we're small but growing. And judging from conversations I have had with other SZ members more could be joining the ranks.

A strong user group would be the final link in Mediastation chain because this technology has more potential than even it's developer could fully utilize. I believe that involved users can have a part in the direction of the Mediastations future. And as a musician, that is just the kind of keyboard company that I want backing me!

Feel free to contact me for information or if there is anyway that I can help.

Richard

#166944 - 11/08/06 05:26 AM Re: New GM/GS Sounbank 4300Mb
KFingers Offline

Loc: Brighton - UK
Richard,

The Media Station appears to be going from strength to strength as regards the quality of sounds and configurablity and like many others I am very interested in what it could do for me.

Unfortunately, the demos I have seen has mainly demonstrated the NI B3 or Giga piano sounds. With my T2 I am dependant on the arranger side of things and I'm not sure this side of things has been developed enough yet to be an option for me.

I seem to remember that Domenic was looking for people to create styles for their keyboards in the past but can't remember him having any success.

I realise that their products are workstations and as such can probably do a lot more than other manufacturers workstations but I would appreciate your views on the range, variety, quality and availability of any such arranger features and styles.

Glad to see you are enjoying your purchase - I have bought products from lesser known manufacturers in the past (Solton/Ketron, GEM etc) and had no problem with getting advice or support - however, I have always had the opportunity to try before I buy and the MS is a lot of dosh to spend to find that it's not the instrument for you.

Thanks for any info you can give.

Regards - Keith

[This message has been edited by KFingers (edited 11-08-2006).]

#166945 - 11/08/06 05:38 AM Re: New GM/GS Sounbank 4300Mb
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by jonesyboy:
I have finally opted for the MS 76 Pro instead -

Mark good luck with the Pro76.....cant wait to hear your thoughts & experiences with it asap....theres many people waiting to get one .

Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 9 10 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online