SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10 >
Topic Options
#166946 - 11/08/06 06:24 AM Re: New GM/GS Sounbank 4300Mb
jonesyboy Offline

Should be shipped on Monday - I'll post my thoughts as soon as I have had chance to have a play! Really looking forward to getting it and trying something different - but there are many updates coming out all the time, the response from the guys is superb on emails and questions so all looks good at present - keep you posted!
Mark
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Mark good luck with the Pro76.....cant wait to hear your thoughts & experiences with it asap....theres many people waiting to get one .

[This message has been edited by jonesyboy (edited 11-08-2006).]

#166947 - 11/08/06 07:36 AM Re: New GM/GS Sounbank 4300Mb
jonesyboy Offline

Cheers Richard - Got a feeling I will need as much help as possible!
Mark - have you come across the MSR100 Speakers? Sounded good at my dealers and at £600 for the pair a good price too...
Quote:
Originally posted by richard_shiflet:
Hello Mark,

Welcome to the family of Mediastation users, we're small but growing. And judging from conversations I have had with other SZ members more could be joining the ranks.

A strong user group would be the final link in Mediastation chain because this technology has more potential than even it's developer could fully utilize. I believe that involved users can have a part in the direction of the Mediastations future. And as a musician, that is just the kind of keyboard company that I want backing me!

Feel free to contact me for information or if there is anyway that I can help.

Richard

[This message has been edited by jonesyboy (edited 11-08-2006).]

#166948 - 11/08/06 10:10 AM Re: New GM/GS Sounbank 4300Mb
OZ Offline

Really is fine to read so much about good keyboard as MS LIONSTRACS is.

I hope that all good friends of music will have their own MS X76 or they will test it.

Really, music stores where are you ?????

This is really good keyboard. A lot of things are good in LIONSTRACS. (Free sounds, free support and great a lot friends who know how is working this keyboard) Thanks Richard and all other who are helping me to make my keyboard more powerful.

We are having online connection all the time. All for free. You must only join to group of users.

OZ

#166949 - 11/08/06 10:13 AM Re: New GM/GS Sounbank 4300Mb
jonesyboy Offline

Can we not have a lionstracs section on here as there for all other brands?
Quote:
Originally posted by OZ:
Really is fine to read so much about good keyboard as MS LIONSTRACS is.

I hope that all good friends of music will have their own MS X76 or they will test it.

Really, music stores where are you ?????

This is really good keyboard. A lot of things are good in LIONSTRACS. (Free sounds, free support and great a lot friends who know how is working this keyboard) Thanks Richard and all other who are helping me to make my keyboard more powerful.

We are having online connection all the time. All for free. You must only join to group of users.

OZ

#166950 - 11/08/06 06:44 PM Re: New GM/GS Sounbank 4300Mb
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Mark, we do not need a separate section for Media Station..If anything...just the opposite..

Domenico needs exposure, and the General Arranger will give it...Here is my prediction, depending on market direction, the Median Station will take off in the next few months...

I know of a few things Domenico has planned and I am sure he will tell if and when he wants to...I see a lot of positive things happening in the coming weeks..

#166951 - 11/08/06 10:42 PM Re: New GM/GS Sounbank 4300Mb
Spalding1 Offline

Loc: birmingham,england
hi richard shiflet. how long have you owned your mediastation and can you tell us what specific differences the last OS upgrade made to the previous one ? were they actual upgrades in functionaliy in terms of new features or bug fixes ? cheers.

#166952 - 11/08/06 11:39 PM Re: New GM/GS Sounbank 4300Mb
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
Hi, maybe for this I can help better.

New MEDIASTATION Linux OS 1.2

Included the new Debian Linux Kernel 2.6.18 RT for AMD CPU 32 and 64Bit.
New WINE HQ 0.9.22
New FST 1.9 with the possibility now to save the VST Plugins presets.
Included the new LinuxSampler GIGA V. 3.0 and LIBGIG 3.0 with MS Encrypt mode.
Added the DVD-Ripper Tool, for ripping DVD Video under different format.
Added in the MS OS the Keyboard Velocity interface, with 8 slider programmable Curve! http://www.lionstracs.com/store/images/curve.png

Added in the MS OS the Arranger Split point Interface with programmable user Point.
Fixed may bugs in the OS
here the full list: http://www.lionstracs.com/store/msiso-12-p-124.html

In the next days will be available the VST Kore Linux update: http://www.lionstracs.com/store/msos-update-p-139.html

After this update we will cocking the new ISO 32-64Bit OS 1.3 and included:
* VST Kore Linux system in the Installation Disk.
* Insert the new Jack Connection kit with Midi Transport.
* Insert the new Ardour DAW 2.0
* Insert the new Rosegarden Seq 1.4.0 http://www.rosegardenmusic.com/
* Insert some Video network Editor tools
* Fix some MS bugs core Navigation.

Soon the next Arranger features:
* change the Midi Sync to audio in to: Audio to Midi sync under Wav timing, for a better resolution.
* Play Audio Styles with ONLY wav without Midi sync ( this allow you to play wav pattern like a DJ system under chords reconize mode)
* Including more chords reconization algorithms
* add in the arranger editor the Track Velocity note compressor
* add in the arranger editor the Track Transpose semitone and +12, -12 key

For sure in this time some else, I have to think what i want...

Mark:
The MS X-76 Pro is ready ( is now two days always RUN) but I will install the VST Kore Linux before shipping

Fran:
Shhhhhhhhh...... only some people know it...
When the news review will be officially...then you there get a surprise...be patience....

Cheers
Domenik

#166953 - 11/09/06 04:22 AM Re: New GM/GS Sounbank 4300Mb
Magica Alfa Offline

What is new in ISO 1.2.

Yes it is true all what Domenik told you. But I can tell that as user I'm very satisfied.
New WINE is working perfectly nice and faster than all before
FST 1.9 is crazy better than FST 1.8. I need some modifications for my use of course.

Linux Kernel 2.6.18 is better than before playing things.

Very Good thing
Added in the MS OS the Keyboard Velocity interface, with 8 slider programmable Curve

My MS is now better than before. I have no crash with system. Also simple thing is to update ISO on keyboard.

Maybe somebody will tell me that I’m crazy that I’m using this type of keyboard (open source) but I’m having more freedom and new updates for free.

#166954 - 11/09/06 06:30 AM Re: New GM/GS Sounbank 4300Mb
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
So which one of the "Philly" contingent is going to break down and finally buy one?

If you do, I'd come down from Southern New York and check it out in person. Fran, Dnj, UD?

If I bought one, would you guys come up to SNY?

------------------
Al Giordano
www.al-giordano.com

Tyros 2, Yamaha P-250, Korg Triton Extreme 76, Roland VK8-M, DW Collectors Series Drums

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#166955 - 11/09/06 07:05 AM Re: New GM/GS Sounbank 4300Mb
richard_shiflet Offline

Loc: Greenwood, SC -USA
Looks like I missed a few questions here. Though Domenik has answered some of them already, I’ll throw a few comments in also.

Donny you asked about the registrations. Like Domenik explained they are called Performances on the Mediastation and are really easy to use. You just press “performance”, then “new”, an on screen keyboard comes up and you can use it or any attached keyboard (ps2 / usb) to type the name and enter. You can also group them in categories with any name you desire. The performance takes a complete “snapshot” of all the mediastations settings at that moment. Including all sound patch settings / splits, styles, even mp3 or wave files loaded in the player. They can then be recalled by the performance name, the group or the ID number; for easy organization. I lost track of all the “9”s in the maximum number of performances that Domenik listed. LOL But I don’t think you could ever use them all.

Al you asked how I liked the Mediastation. Short answer I am very pleased with it. Its current capabilities are great, but when you look at the future potential it is nothing short of phenomenal! You asked about my previous keyboards: First keyboard (I won’t count the Bontempi, LOL) was a Roland RD 300 with a Korg Poly 800 module, next a Kurzwiel 1200 pro with a Korg I3 arranger on top, then a General Music SK880 Powerstation loaded with all options and a Kurzwiel Micro Piano module. The last GEM SK880 and Kurzwiel Micro Piano, I still have if anyone’s interested in buying.
I will be glad to try and give more of a review in another post (maybe with a more appropriate Topic Heading for people searching for Mediastation reviews). And Al, or anyone for that matter, if you want to contact me privately, feel free to do so. My email is listed in my profile and my Yahoo ID is “richard_shiflet”.

I agree with many of you that the demos are not the best at showing the Mediastations capabilities, though some are actually pretty good. I do not let any background noise affect my judgment. After gaining a complete picture of what the Mediastation really is I purchased it in spite of the demos. LOL.

Keith you are right about a lot of the demos showing the NI B4 organ and the Giga Pianos. These are definitely some of the Mediastations strengths. The ability to play Vsti’s and to stream large Giga samples from HD is something that no other arranger can do, with the exception of the Wersi. The Mediastation has so many diverse abilities that it surpasses even the synth workstations in abilities and pro quality hardware. So it’s no wonder that it is easy to forget that it is a very capable arranger. In fact it has been designed as an arranger from the ground up. Isn’t this what most of us have been asking/dreaming for in all of our “ What is your perfect arranger” threads for several years? How many posts have we read like ”If only some keyboard company would make an arranger that has the power of the top synth workstations”? Well someone listened!

Mediastation Weaknesses:

Now before you guys begin to think that I am either on the Lionstracs payroll, I wish, or just some idiot who thinks his keyboard is perfect and has no faults; let me tell you what in my opinion are the weaknesses of the Mediastation. First and foremost it is the styles. If you think that a brand new company like Lionstracs is going to start out with a library of styles that surpass companies that have been extensively developing styles for 20+ years; like Yamaha, Korg, and Roland; then you do not have very realistic expectations. As for as the question, ”did Domenik ever get someone to develop styles for him?” The answer is yes. When I first purchased my Mediastation, about 6 months ago it already had a small number of styles included. I decided that I would rather base my purchase on the quality and the features of the hardware installed and the open ended upgrade path that would provide me with the most current abilities well into the future than purely on the number of styles available. I was rewarded with in a few short weeks with the first organized library of 270 styles that I was able to download from the Lionstracs site.

Domenik does have people that he pays to develop styles but he has stopped adding styles to the current library as he is now designing the next phase of Mediastation development and it will be another first for arranger keyboards! Are you ready this? The first ever software driven arranger, incorporating audio and midi and………

Based solely on Giga sounds and Virtual Instruments (VSTi’s). If you know the quality of VSTi’s and Giga sounds then you realize how big a leap forward in technology and sound quality this will be! Not only incorporating the occasional Giga sound into a style, but also building the styles from the ground up using all Giga sounds for all style accompaniment parts and then throw in the VSTi’s for good measure. So all mediastation owners will also receive Gigs upon Gigs of fantastic sounds!

Oh I’m sorry this is supposed to be the section on the “weaknesses” of the Mediastation. LOL! Ok what this means is that we; poor, pitiful disadvantaged will have to be content with our 270 styles library and importing styles from other keyboard manufacturers or making them ourselves until this new “groundbreaking” technology is ready. Somehow I am having a little trouble filling underprivileged. Lol

I hope that Domenik doesn’t get upset with me for sharing info about this new all Giga and VSTi Style Library. But I would feel bad if people spent their money on other keyboards because they did not have all the info. It is based on the technology of LS 4.0 a new version of Linux Sampler that Domenik is helping the open source community by funding. It is slated for release in the first part of December, so I do not anticipate the G.V.S. Library until early next year.

The other main weakness is that we MS owners are few in number. While I have no idea how many MS’s Lionstracs have actually sold, many were oriental Groovestations at the beginning,
I have only a few friends that I converse with who own a MS. So, just like with the first style library, the user groups for Roland, Korg, and Yamaha have built considerably over 20+ years.
I would enjoy the camaraderie of a larger circle of MS users but on the other hand, the chances of me showing up at a large event and finding all other keyboard players there have the same common keyboard as me is better than slim. I have the only X-88 Pro in the US and I actually have the first one ever built! Hey Domenik how about a collectors item certificate of authenticity? Lol

Ok I’m tired now and ready for a break but I want to answer one last question first. Spalding you asked about the upgrades and the differences they made to functionality. Well I have installed a number of OS upgrades. Domenik changes the OS more often than some people change socks, lol.

Many of the updates I could see little or no change as they just increased efficiency, speed, etc.
Some had noticeable differences such as the one that added a programmable velocity curve and split point. After I installed the update I had a new screen accessible from my desktop or setup button. http://www.lionstracs.com/store/images/curve.png This gives me the ability to remap 8 ranges of velocity to whatever I want by moving the 8 faders to the right of the screen.

Ok I’m finished.

Richard

[This message has been edited by richard_shiflet (edited 11-09-2006).]

Page 4 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online