SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#165960 - 02/09/07 03:49 AM Re: Very frustrating problem
MarcK Offline

Thanks for all the help guys. This community (and www.psrtutorial.com!) is a wonderful resource. At this point I have figured out that what probably happened is that my new card reader ruined my 16 MB SmartMedia card (probably a voltage issue). Luckily all files were backed up. For now I have been using a 32 MB SD card that came with a digital camera to transfer styles to the 3000; in addition I have ordered a 128 MB SmartMedia card to stay in the 3000, as well as a 256 MB flash USB drive. When those arrive I should be all set. I have already found many of the Tyros styles to be of good use to me for many of the songs in my repertoire.

#165961 - 02/09/07 10:54 AM Re: Very frustrating problem
MacAllcock Offline

Loc: Preston, Lancashire, England
I always format any portable media to be used with the PSR3000 using the keyboard. You wouldn't have thought this would make any difference but members of this forum have had difficulties with media formatted on PC's as FAT16 or FAT32.

Incidentally the "200" (approx) files per directory limit is due to the way Yamaha handle the file system using the keyboard display and applies to any media you use with the keyboard, no matter what the capacity, including external hard discs or CD drives.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online