SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 13 of 16 < 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 16 >
Topic Options
#165551 - 12/20/06 01:32 PM Re: Fran how is the Mediastation so far....interested in your opinions?
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA

[This message has been edited by Fran Carango (edited 12-20-2006).]

#165552 - 12/20/06 01:38 PM Re: Fran how is the Mediastation so far....interested in your opinions?
Dnj Offline

Nigel looks like this topic is going south real fast......get the padlock ready...
it always amazes me when things get so argumentative when players dont own or have ever used some gear .....besides some of the older gear works very proficiently......
I wish people would put more effort into better playing technics then worrying about whats the newest & best is....it all means nothing unless your good enough to make it sound that way....gear will ALWAY be changing/improved after all its just an electronic box full of circuits and wires with keys....the continuing whats better arguments are really getting boring....
isn't this the time of year to be Merry?
Could have fooled me...

#165553 - 12/20/06 02:27 PM Re: Fran how is the Mediastation so far....interested in your opinions?
mikeathome1 Offline

Loc: Syracuse NY
It's the same old mine is better than yours so I must be better than you....

#165554 - 12/20/06 02:34 PM Re: Fran how is the Mediastation so far....interested in your opinions?
keysvocalssax Offline

Loc: Miami FL nov-may/Lakeville CT ...
dnj: right on, bro.
mo

#165555 - 12/20/06 02:37 PM Re: Fran how is the Mediastation so far....interested in your opinions?
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
I see why they call you "Diki"..

If anyone needs me I will be in my room...better class of people...

Tsk tsk....

Ian

------------------
Remember to leave good news alone.

#165556 - 12/20/06 02:39 PM Re: Fran how is the Mediastation so far....interested in your opinions?
Taike Offline

Loc: Xingyi, Guizhou (China)
Quote:
Originally posted by mikeathome1:
It's the same old mine is better than yours so I must be better than you....

Right on, Mike.

It's pleinosis, zoilism, zelotipia, invultuation, zelotipia and kakorrhaphiophobia all in one.

#165557 - 12/20/06 02:42 PM Re: Fran how is the Mediastation so far....interested in your opinions?
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I rest my case, Fran. If your only refutation of the valid points we all made here is to remove all your posts (apparently too embarrassed to have anyone read them?) and then start slinging insults at my name (I call myself Diki, my parents preferred Richard!), enjoy your room....

As long as you are by yourself, you won't have to worry about replies to your insults. Just remember, YOU were the one who came out shooting, first. Isn't it amazing that those who like to dish it out are often the ones who can take it the least.....

Domenik....... are you REALLY sure you want this guy representing you?

#165558 - 12/20/06 03:32 PM Re: Fran how is the Mediastation so far....interested in your opinions?
Spalding1 Offline

Loc: birmingham,england
dont close this thread yet nigel.Despite the antics of some , we are finally getting to some kind of conclusion here about the theory behind open systems and their practicalities . Please keep the thread open

Dom it seems to me that the only real way to demonstrate the Unique Selling Proposition of the MS or Wersi for that matter is to demonstrate the instrument as you have before using the exact same styles but using Giga and or VST sounds in place of the current GM sounds.GM sounds will almost always sound inferior to a proprietory manufacturesr tweaked balanced sound engineered sounds. Your styles were let down by lack lustre drums,brass,guitars,etc.It seems to me that the Unique Selling Proposition of both the wersi and the Abacus is the ability to substitute the boards preset sounds with better quality VST/Giga sounds . So why dont you try this for us.

Substitute the sounds on the styles you previously posted in this thread with the best that you have in giga and vst and repost them on this thread . Same for abacus and the style conversion of the G70.Post them in this thread so that we can hear for ourselves a direct comparrison of what it sounded like before using the "open Capabilities " and after. Will better sounds make the converted styles sound any better ? I believe this is the crucial bit of information that this whole debate has been alluding to but not tied down. Both open and closed systems can accept converted style files but its the prospect of using better sounds that make the open systems appealing to me.

Are you up for it dom and abacus ?

[This message has been edited by Spalding1 (edited 12-20-2006).]

[This message has been edited by Spalding1 (edited 12-20-2006).]

#165559 - 12/20/06 10:59 PM Re: Fran how is the Mediastation so far....interested in your opinions?
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hello Spalding
I would love to do as you ask, but with the Day Job and other commitments (A lot of the posts I actually do when there is a short lull at work) I just dont have the time, (A lot of days I dont even have time to switch the keyboard on) particularly as it takes a considerable time to re-edit the style, (Styleworks is OK for conversions but there is still a lot of work involved) and then you have to sort out the sounds.
The above also explains why my web site gets updated so slowly.
When I find the time I will upgrade to OAS 7 and OAA which have a massive amount of new features that make what you require much easier.
Have a good Christmas

Bill

#165560 - 12/20/06 11:17 PM Re: Fran how is the Mediastation so far....interested in your opinions?
Spalding1 Offline

Loc: birmingham,england
No worries Bill i appreciate your response. Have a great Christmas. So i guess its just up to you Dom ? or Any of the other MS owners that have the time or inclination. This excesise would settle the matter for me.

Any takers ?

Page 13 of 16 < 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 16 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online