SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#164316 - 08/10/07 07:25 PM Re: Anyone tried integrating Roland and Yamaha?
zuki Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:

Somehow, zuki has no time to record himself, but plenty of time to post irrelevant 'Yamaha is the best!' on any topic he feels like, relevant or not.

What harm is it in posting my appreciation of Yamaha products? I think most that know me will confirm that I love Roland products too. You just seem to look for trouble all the time.

I will never post my work for you to publicly humiliate me as you do others - repulsive.

You find my posts irrelevant? I find yours self-serving.

zuki

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#164317 - 08/10/07 09:17 PM Re: Anyone tried integrating Roland and Yamaha?
Taike Offline

Loc: Xingyi, Guizhou (China)
Zuki has NEVER posted that Yamaha's the best. All he's done is stating that he's satisfied with his current keyboard. And dragging him into this thread just to make fun of him has no virtue at all. Zuki has a wonderful sense of humor but some things just aren't funny. I think you owe him an apology, Diki.

To post or not to post demos ... that's up to the individual. That doesn't mean that non-posters are lesser musicians. Maybe they don't have the need for self-gratification.

Taike

#164318 - 08/11/07 03:30 AM Re: Anyone tried integrating Roland and Yamaha?
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:

I've said this many times... They are NOT your grandkids, or your girlfriends, or your religion. They are TOOLS. No more or less than a spade to a gardner. It is the gardner, NOT the spade, that makes the garden. Now, MAYBE, in gardening circles, there are some who will go 'my spade is the best!' but somehow I doubt it. There are FAR more important aspects to gardening than what spade you use.

I disagree...they are more than just "tools" because music is a personal thing and an art form....gardening is just...gardening.

A person's choice of musical instrument is a very personal thing...just witness how defensive people get when someone puts down their keyboard choice.

Much of the bickering on this forum begins with this type of posting...so it stands to reason that it is more than just a "tool" to the majority of members.

It may be a "tool" to you Diki, but that's just your opinion...to others their arranger is their "baby" and not to be insulted.

Ian

#164319 - 08/11/07 03:49 AM Re: Anyone tried integrating Roland and Yamaha?
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
I disagree...they are more than just "tools" because music is a personal thing and an art form....gardening is just...gardening.

Ian

Ian, it's a good thing my wife doesn't read this board as she is a Master Gardener and would be calling for your head about now. Luckily, she's also a musician so she might let you live .

chas

#164320 - 08/11/07 04:19 AM Re: Anyone tried integrating Roland and Yamaha?
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Yes chas....I certainly wouldn't want to get "planted".

Ian

#164321 - 08/11/07 04:31 AM Re: Anyone tried integrating Roland and Yamaha?
Taike Offline

I had a hunch that something was growing.

What instrument does she play, Chas? I bet she loves Tchaikovsky's Waltz of the Flowers.

Taike

#164322 - 08/11/07 06:35 AM Re: Anyone tried integrating Roland and Yamaha?
cgiles Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Taike:
I had a hunch that something was growing.

What instrument does she play, Chas? I bet she loves Tchaikovsky's Waltz of the Flowers.

Taike

She plays flute and piccolo. Played with the Philadelphia Summer Orchestra while in grad school at Temple Univ. That's basically the orchestra without the first chair players.

chas

#164323 - 08/11/07 06:52 AM Re: Anyone tried integrating Roland and Yamaha?
Taike Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by cgiles:

She plays flute and piccolo. Played with the Philadelphia Summer Orchestra while in grad school at Temple Univ. That's basically the orchestra without the first chair players.

chas

I'm impressed. That makes her a high-caliber musican.

#164324 - 08/11/07 07:25 AM Re: Anyone tried integrating Roland and Yamaha?
cgiles Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Taike:
I'm impressed. That makes her a high-caliber musican.

Not really. Way more training than talent (like I said, she doesn't read this board). Although she can read and play anything, I'm asleep after the second note. Just no soul, I guess. She'd think Monk's 'round midnight was pretty but only if I played it without using jazz chords. Probably a missing or mutated gene. Oh well, she makes a fantastic omlette.

chas

#164325 - 08/11/07 07:55 AM Re: Anyone tried integrating Roland and Yamaha?
Taike Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by cgiles:
Not really. Way more training than talent (like I said, she doesn't read this board). Although she can read and play anything, I'm asleep after the second note. Just no soul, I guess. She'd think Monk's 'round midnight was pretty but only if I played it without using jazz chords. Probably a missing or mutated gene. Oh well, she makes a fantastic omlette.

chas

LMAO

I'm getting this mental image of your wife playing the flute and you doing the Pink Panther walk.

At least you're not starving.

Taike

Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online