SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#134737 - 08/10/07 09:44 AM NP-30 Going Back .., She IS broken.
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Well the sustain jack IS actually busted on this new NP-30. Didn't even need the FC-5 to test it. IT'S GOING BACK TO MUSICIANS FRIEND WITH A BIG KISS MY ASS STICKER attached to it because of all the problems they have given my wife and I.

I got a local dealer (he's 10 minutes away) to match the online price, and the adapter WILL come with it. I'll be packing this one up the moment I finish posting this, and will buy the NP-30 locally tomorrow morning. I would have bought locally, but last time I checked he didn't sell keyboards and now he does. He now has the YPG's, P-70's, some PSR's, and the NP-30's. He even orders synths now too.
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#134738 - 08/10/07 09:46 AM Re: NP-30 Going Back .., She IS broken.
Dnj Offline

No surprise there I saw it coming by reading your posts ...too bad, you sounded stoked on that ax? what happened?

#134739 - 08/10/07 10:13 AM Re: NP-30 Going Back .., She IS broken.
squeak_D Offline

I was and still am stoked on this thing. My review still stands that this digital is freakin awesome. Sadly it was dealing with MusiciansFriend that was the problem from the start.

Now just to top things off I find the sustain jack is faulty on this one. I was able to test another pedal, and this unit will not reverse polarity. It did it once after many attempts, but now it won't do it again.

I'm going to buy the NP-30 locally tomorrow, and return this faulty unit back to MusiciansFriend, and tell them to not even bother sending the power adapter out now--which didn't even ship either due to their wharehouse delays--go figure huh.

I got it for the same price locally and this one WILL have the adapter. I just might start using this guy as he's now carrying keyboards, and will match prices as well.
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#134740 - 08/10/07 11:43 AM Re: NP-30 Going Back .., She IS broken.
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Quote:
Originally posted by squeak_D:

I'll be testing it out tomorrow with a Yamaha FC-5 pedal. If it does the same thing.. MusiciansFriend is getting this back, they can kiss my ass, and I'll have my wife order from a more reputable retailer.

Quote:
Originally posted by squeak_D:

The biggest thing that made me want to grab a Yamaha rep by the neck and choke the livin shit out the arrogant jerk was a comment he made to me...

Such a fine example and command of the English language. Congratulations squeak.

You know, it's been known that ladies sometimes frequent this site. Maybe they will stop doing so if they keep encountering such juvenile comments by our male counterparts on this Forum.

And I for one don't want you to scare the ladies away.

#134741 - 08/10/07 11:47 AM Re: NP-30 Going Back .., She IS broken.
squeak_D Offline

please, if you think that scares the ladies off.., you're out of touch with the times man.

Geez, today you'll get cursed by an 80 year old (who uses language much more vulgar than what I used) just as fast as you would a 20 year old woman.

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 08-10-2007).]

#134742 - 08/10/07 01:22 PM Re: NP-30 Going Back .., She IS broken.
lukitoh Offline

Loc: Hayward, CA, USA
Anyone know if Guitar Center has this ?

Do they match the price online ?

thks

#134743 - 08/10/07 01:52 PM Re: NP-30 Going Back .., She IS broken.
OldNewb Offline

Loc: Shorewood Wi. USA
Squeek,
I just want to mention that I took notice on quite a few occasions, of you using some very toned down phrases rather than some expletives I knew you were really thinking, and want to commend you for that.
I guess just lately though the frustration level increased with having to deal with unsavery service personal. (the manufacturer rep and musicians friend)

Now..though keybplayer had a legitimate point, I would not have said the things he said, the way he said them, on this public forum. Your e-mail is in your profile. It was easy to find. Your comments he referred to were inappropriate for a public forum (even someones kid could be reading over a shoulder)but to call your comments juvenile, to me, was a personal attack and an unnecessary way of stating his opinion.
I commend you for handling his post in a mature, non-juvenile fashion.
Now I am curious how he will take to being called to task on a public forum rather than in a more private manner.
Oh, and btw, It's my opinion that his quoting you and repeating the same words and phrases is equally bad to the initial use of them. So, is the kettle calling the pot..etc?
It's this kind of stuff that hurts us all, and I'm sorry to be commenting at all, but I have recognised you (squeek) as being contientious about your language many times and it did bother me to read what I did from keybplayer.
I will not comment any further on this no matter what anyone has to say to whoever.
It can and should die here.
Jim

#134744 - 08/10/07 01:53 PM Re: NP-30 Going Back .., She IS broken.
squeak_D Offline

Guitar Center will have it. If the online price is $299 you'll find the price at Guitar Center to be $299 as well.

#134745 - 08/10/07 01:57 PM Re: NP-30 Going Back .., She IS broken.
squeak_D Offline

Thanks Jim... I try to watch my "written" language, and at times I do slip. Yes.., this issue lately has me heated, and my language is a little more colorful--if that offends others I'm sorry.

I still don't think it scares off the ladies though Ladies today, and those "well seasoned" too would lay you out in a heartbeat "both physically and verbally" for just looking at them the wrong way. There are some tough cookies out there today.

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 08-10-2007).]

#134746 - 08/10/07 02:55 PM Re: NP-30 Going Back .., She IS broken.
trident Offline

Loc: Athens, Greece
Squeak, since the store is 10 min away, take the pedal with you, and check!
Better safe than sorry.
!!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online