I've posted in the past about how much I like the Mega guitars from Yamaha, and about my hopes that I might be able to add them to my G70's tone palette. Could anyone who has tried to integrate Yamaha and Roland arrangers (or arrangers and modules) together please post their experiences...?

There are two main areas of concern, for me... Firstly, does the Mega voice system from Yamaha involve the use of MIDI CC#s, or is all the control done from notes (Roland only allow a very small number of CC#s in Style Mode, although SMFs can send anything)? Specifically, all the Mega information about damped notes, mutes, body knocks, pick noises, etc..

Are they triggered JUST with MIDI notes, or does it involve CC#s?

And, in the case of arranger-arranger linking, is it possible to sync the two together tightly enough for performance. Sync start issues, MIDI clock 'jitter', triggering fills from remote arrangers, etc....

I am not expecting to be able to call up registrations remotely on the Yamaha (but it'd be nice if I could!), but once BOTH arrangers are set up to sync start, can fills and intro/endings be synchronized?

Anyone with any real world experience, please post here with your opinions...