SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#164306 - 08/08/07 11:09 AM Re: Anyone tried integrating Roland and Yamaha?
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
BTW, if I had a guitarist that played and sounded as poorly as that posted example, I'd fire him in a flash.

#164307 - 08/08/07 12:04 PM Re: Anyone tried integrating Roland and Yamaha?
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Diki, Diki, Diki....I don't play the G70 any differently than you stated..you "play" ...

With the band, Yes our material is based on "our" MP3's..but, I play full keyboard and left hand bass ..all night..

As a solo[just G70]..I do not play MP3's unless it is a DJ portion of a gig...or breaks...

I have been playing a lot longer than you, and my background comes from when musicians played...I have always played left hand bass, starting with accordion in 1956..

I can back up a vocalist on just about any known tune on the spur of the moment[I have done this many times]...Without arranger, or as Nick does, a poor example of a lead guitar line[and arranger do the rest]...I also do not play sparse basic right hand..never have...always full chords with melody line within...These are attributes of trained accordionist...Maybe that is why I found Accordionist to be the best professional musicians...

Diki since you never leave home without your guitarist...why do you need an arranger substitute for him...or does it have to do with that "strap on" thing you mentioned..

I could care less if anyone played want I like..I would rather they don't....

Time for me to close out of this thread...it is getting boring...besides I have to get ready to go to the shore...and play MP3's..

#164308 - 08/09/07 08:45 AM Re: Anyone tried integrating Roland and Yamaha?
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
"You're only young once, but you can be immature forever."

John Greier ...

chas

#164309 - 08/09/07 10:42 AM Re: Anyone tried integrating Roland and Yamaha?
Diki Offline

http://www.francarango.com/born.html

Like I said...

Sorry, Fran, but PERHAPS you might NOT be the only player here who started on accordion, can play most tunes at the drop of a hat, and have been playing professionally for over 30 years. This MIGHT come as a shock to you, so perhaps you should sit down...

If the best advice you can offer is 'don't do anything, don't try anything' when someone wants to improve their sound (despite your constant efforts at the same thing!), perhaps you might consider how this makes you look.

. 'Don't do as I do, do as I say'?

Your posted demos show you don't have the slightest interest in an accurate guitar accompaniment. If they showed any improvement over even a G1000, I would have to take your advice seriously. But the proof is in the pudding, as they say. Once again, Fran, your advice doesn't get reflected in your demos.

Post ANYTHING that comes even close to the steel and electric Mega guitar demos from here:
http://aux.music.yamaha.com/tyros2/download/index.html

and we can talk again. But if you can't back up your 'advice' with anything else but that awful posted Guitar Mode demo (which, ONCE AGAIN, I repeat DOES NOT WORK IN ARRANGER MODE), you have to realize why I might not accept it.

(Oh, and feel free to post one of your very 'mature' 'JUST SHUT UP' emoticons in reply. They really are more effective than your demos, at least!)

Fundamentalism is the bane of our world right now. If the best anyone can come up with is 'My arranger, right or wrong' it doesn't show much of a grip on reality...! Perhaps we could have Zuki and Fran in a caged deathmatch to decide the winner. Arranger jihad... it might be fun to watch!

Anyway, back to the topic... If Style mode is impossible with Yamaha Mega Mode, is anyone using it in SMF Mode with a Roland arranger? Maybe a MotifES Rack? Does the MotifXS have any extra Mega Voices in the guitar section, or would an ES Rack serve the same purpose?

#164310 - 08/09/07 10:55 AM Re: Anyone tried integrating Roland and Yamaha?
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Perhaps we could have Zuki and Fran in a caged deathmatch to decide the winner. ?

I'd just be happy in ever hearing a few Zuki demos

#164311 - 08/09/07 07:22 PM Re: Anyone tried integrating Roland and Yamaha?
Nick G Offline

Loc: Sydney, NSW, Australia
Quote:

Like I said...

Sorry, Fran, but PERHAPS you might NOT be the only player here who started on accordion, can play most tunes at the drop of a hat, and have been playing professionally for over 30 years. This MIGHT come as a shock to you, so perhaps you should sit down...

If the best advice you can offer is 'don't do anything, don't try anything' when someone wants to improve their sound (despite your constant efforts at the same thing!), perhaps you might consider how this makes you look.

. 'Don't do as I do, do as I say'?

Your posted demos show you don't have the slightest interest in an accurate guitar accompaniment. If they showed any improvement over even a G1000, I would have to take your advice seriously. But the proof is in the pudding, as they say. Once again, Fran, your advice doesn't get reflected in your demos.

Post ANYTHING that comes even close to the steel and electric Mega guitar demos from here:
http://aux.music.yamaha.com/tyros2/download/index.html

and we can talk again. But if you can't back up your 'advice' with anything else but that awful posted Guitar Mode demo (which, ONCE AGAIN, I repeat DOES NOT WORK IN ARRANGER MODE), you have to realize why I might not accept it.

(Oh, and feel free to post one of your very 'mature' 'JUST SHUT UP' emoticons in reply. They really are more effective than your demos, at least!)

Fundamentalism is the bane of our world right now. If the best anyone can come up with is 'My arranger, right or wrong' it doesn't show much of a grip on reality...! Perhaps we could have Zuki and Fran in a caged deathmatch to decide the winner. Arranger jihad... it might be fun to watch!

Anyway, back to the topic... If Style mode is impossible with Yamaha Mega Mode, is anyone using it in SMF Mode with a Roland arranger? Maybe a MotifES Rack? Does the MotifXS have any extra Mega Voices in the guitar section, or would an ES Rack serve the same purpose?

Amen to everything you have said up there! FULL RESPECT!!

the motif XS has HEAPS more new mega guitars but they are mostly electric (Clean/solid/distorted/overdriven...

#164312 - 08/09/07 07:53 PM Re: Anyone tried integrating Roland and Yamaha?
zuki Offline

Quote:

Perhaps we could have Zuki and Fran in a caged deathmatch to decide the winner. Arranger jihad... it might be fun to watch!

How did I get dragged into this?

I need not enter into any CONTEST. With bookings far into 2008, I have no time to amuse you. I think you might be surprised if you heard me in concert. Bring you band, have the audience close their eyes and I will win that contest hands down

I think I'll take a break from this forum now.

zuki

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#164313 - 08/09/07 10:18 PM Re: Anyone tried integrating Roland and Yamaha?
Dnj Offline

Zuki good luck in your musical endeavors.

#164314 - 08/09/07 10:51 PM Re: Anyone tried integrating Roland and Yamaha?
Taike Offline

Loc: Xingyi, Guizhou (China)
Quote:
Originally posted by zuki:
How did I get dragged into this?

I need not enter into any CONTEST. With bookings far into 2008, I have no time to amuse you. I think you might be surprised if you heard me in concert. Bring you band, have the audience close their eyes and I will win that contest hands down

I think I'll take a break from this forum now.

zuki

Zuki,

You know that I respect you as a friend and musician so don't let them get to you. Also, you don't have to prove yourself to anyone but your audience and, seeing from your busy schedule, you have nothing to worry about.

As usual, always looking forward to your posts.

Taike

#164315 - 08/10/07 08:48 AM Re: Anyone tried integrating Roland and Yamaha?
Diki Offline

I only brought Zuki into this because he is as fervent a Yamaha zealot as Fran is for Roland, but with even less posted material to demonstrate it.

Somehow, zuki has no time to record himself, but plenty of time to post irrelevant 'Yamaha is the best!' on any topic he feels like, relevant or not.

C'mon. guys... Let's get real. NONE of these arrangers are 'the best'. They ALL have features that could be improved. They ALL have areas of soundset that could be improved. They ALL have OS problems that could be improved. They ALL have layout problems that could be improved.

There is only one person they are 'the best' for... YOU

I've said this many times... They are NOT your grandkids, or your girlfriends, or your religion. They are TOOLS. No more or less than a spade to a gardner. It is the gardner, NOT the spade, that makes the garden. Now, MAYBE, in gardening circles, there are some who will go 'my spade is the best!' but somehow I doubt it. There are FAR more important aspects to gardening than what spade you use.

And, fortunately, in music, what arranger you play is probably one of the least important aspects of how good you are, either at just playing music, or at entertaining a crowd. The audience doesn't care whether you play a Casio or a T2, as long as you entertain them. And we have ALL heard a great arranger in the hands of a terrible player.... It sure didn't sound like a great arranger, did it?!!

Just the simple fact that everyone goes gaga every time one of the majors releases a new arranger demonstrates that everyone DOES want an improvement to their arranger, that there IS room for improvement, that PERHAPS the arranger they have now is not PERFECT...

Now if only we could be adult enough to admit this BEFORE they come out with the new models...

WHEN someone comes out with an arranger that is all around better than the one I have, in all the areas I consider important, I will get it. And I won't give a d*mn whether it is by Roland or Yamaha, or even Casio. I won't be changing religions...

I will just be buying a new tool.

Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online