SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 8 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Topic Options
#163194 - 09/15/06 09:41 AM Re: Another song
FAEbGBD Offline

Loc: Nashvville TN
I disagree, respectfully of course. HE had his second chance. The skype conference with Scott and Pose to make it right was his second chance, but if he's sticking to his guns belligerently, then why would a second chance be any different? Repentance for first chance betrayal comes first, then second chances can be considered. It's not my forum to decide what happens, I'm speaking solely as to the definition of second chance and the requirements for receiving one in my personal opinion. I was content to call it a ruse; but to flatly deny everything after being called out several times, goes beyond that.

#163195 - 09/15/06 09:52 AM Re: Another song
Tony Rome Offline

Loc: Cozumel Mexico
I feel that Craig should be given the opportunity to defend himself against the charges and given the chance to clear himself......I'm no expert on guitar sounds or mixing music with the software that is out there today nor am I a keyboard maven so I can't say for sure what happened but am willing to give Craig the benefit of the doubt to let him clear himself....maybe I'm too trusting, however, I'm leaving an open mind to all of this and hope that he will do
right and clear himself....Just My Opinion.
TR

#163196 - 09/15/06 09:52 AM Re: Another song
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I am sorry, but I don't feel as generous as you Niels. Having run up against Craig's insulting manner, and obvious superiority complex several times in the past, I feel it is time to stop this behavior once and for all. This behavior would not be tolerated at most professional forums, and just because this site is for all arranger players doesn't mean you can come here and make a mockery of it.

But, as stated, it IS Nigel's bus we are riding on. He gets to choose who rides, and who walks. But if Craig isn't thrown off the bus for this insult to the forum, the moderator and ALL the members, what does this say about any commitment to decent behavior?

If MY kids were on a bus that the driver refused to control, I would be taking them off the bus myself. I just hope this doesn't get out of hand.......

Or........ OTOH, I've got some new mp3s of my arranger playing. I sound EXACTLY like Emerson, Lake and Palmer on one tune, and you should hear how I can make my G70 sound EXACTLY like Jimmy Smith..........

#163197 - 09/15/06 09:53 AM Re: Another song
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
After very careful listening to the guitar techniques in both recordings, in my mind they are identical. I even picked out very distinctive playing nuances and sure enough they matched in both versions. As a guitar player myself I find it impossible to believe anyone could so accurately copy Chet Atkins version of the song on a keyboard. And if it was a accurate note for note copy of these 2 guitarists I would certainly mention that I had copied their version when I posted the track for listening because I'd be so proud of the undertaking.

There really is nothing more to be said here.

Page 8 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online