SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#161868 - 03/30/07 12:59 PM Re: Scott Yee's Latest Tyros Song Too Fat Polka
Craig_UK Offline

Loc: UK
Hi Nigel and everyone on SZ.

To cut a long story short, Scott Yee was banned by Nigel quite a few months ago. He did nothing wrong in my opinion to deserve the ban, but that's all in the past now.

Scott has mentioned to me that Nigel has never contacted him to tell him that the ban has been lifted and it was only out of Scotts curiousity to test a post in a topic where it's always quiet, to see what would happen 4 months later.

#161869 - 03/30/07 01:35 PM Re: Scott Yee's Latest Tyros Song Too Fat Polka
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Craig , you and I are not in the moderator's shoes...only Nigel knows his reasons...and you can bet your bottom dollar, he didn't ban Scott for no reason..

I could guess and say why I thought he was banned, but it isn't any of my business, as it wasn't anyone else's business when Nigel banned me..

Nigel has and had the right to ban us...and I don't see why he would have to hold our hand and notify us ..the ban was lifted..We can nag Nigel all the time with emails for other things ...why not to find where we stand...

#161870 - 03/30/07 04:18 PM Re: Scott Yee's Latest Tyros Song Too Fat Polka
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Craig_UK:
Scott has mentioned to me that Nigel has never contacted him to tell him that the ban has been lifted and it was only out of Scotts curiousity to test a post in a topic where it's always quiet, to see what would happen 4 months later.

Yes I did email Scott last Xmas to tell him the cooling off ban had been lifted and thanking him for an online Xmas card he kindly sent. Maybe he didn't see that email or it didn't make it thru for some reason. But I did email him.

Actually that explains why I never got a response to that email. Scott is always welcome here. I'm sorry he thought otherwise.

I applied a couple of cooling off bans back then. It was nothing to do with who was wrong or right. It was simply to stop the gunfight that had broken out. When people are shooting at eachother the cops don't ask who is in the right. They simply put a stop to the carnage. The past is the past.

[This message has been edited by Nigel (edited 03-30-2007).]

#161871 - 03/30/07 04:58 PM Re: Scott Yee's Latest Tyros Song Too Fat Polka
renig Offline

Loc: Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Nigel:
Scott is always welcome here. I'm sorry he thought otherwise.

I applied a couple of cooling off bans back then. It was nothing to do with who was wrong or right. It was simply to stop the gunfight that had broken out. When people are shooting at eachother the cops don't ask who is in the right. They simply put a stop to the carnage. The past is the past.

[This message has been edited by Nigel (edited 03-30-2007).]

OK, there it is then, right from the horse's mouth, as the expression goes.

Let's start a campaign and ramp it up to get Scott back in the running here. A bunch of encouraging posts might do the trick. He's always been a valuable ocntributor to this forum. Whaddya say, people?

#161872 - 03/30/07 05:02 PM Re: Scott Yee's Latest Tyros Song Too Fat Polka
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
It would be nice to see Scott return.

He is a great source of valuable advice.

Ian

------------------
Common misconception...size and weight equal quality and performance. Don't be fooled.

#161873 - 03/30/07 05:11 PM Re: Scott Yee's Latest Tyros Song Too Fat Polka
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
It would be nice to see Scott return.

He is a great source of valuable advice.

Ian

I agree common Scott lets turn the page & enjoy arranger KBs once again on the SZ!

#161874 - 03/30/07 05:16 PM Re: Scott Yee's Latest Tyros Song Too Fat Polka
Nigel Offline
Admin

Scott has ALWAYS been a valuable contributor for more years than I can remember. I certainly miss his postings.

#161875 - 03/30/07 05:28 PM Re: Scott Yee's Latest Tyros Song Too Fat Polka
Nigel Offline
Admin

Quote:
Originally posted by renig:

OK, there it is then, right from the horse's mouth, as the expression goes.

And you know how much I love a bag of oats renig lol

#161876 - 03/31/07 01:35 AM Re: Scott Yee's Latest Tyros Song Too Fat Polka
renig Offline

Loc: Canada

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online