SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#161236 - 08/08/05 12:22 AM Re: Logitech home speakers as studio monitors
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
SemiLiveMusic. Who said don't use Headphones for monitoring. The benefit of a good quality headphones is they eliminate room acoustics and speaker positioning. With Speakers a recording can sound rightly balanced in one room and the same recording sounding poor with the same speaker setup in another room. You can only judge a good balance and voice quality on speakers in a studio environment or using Headphones which eliminate all these problems.

#161237 - 08/08/05 06:04 AM Re: Logitech home speakers as studio monitors
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Ditto!

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#161238 - 08/08/05 09:42 AM Re: Logitech home speakers as studio monitors
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Graham UK:
SemiLiveMusic. Who said don't use Headphones for monitoring?

I've read it several places and here is a good article about it. FWIW.

------------------
Me Bill
Yamaha PSR2000

#161239 - 08/27/05 01:07 AM Re: Logitech home speakers as studio monitors
Smurf Offline

Loc: Ohio
eddiefromrotherham,
Thanks for the words. I never smoked in the house, van, car, etc. I always went outside, so they only 2nd hand people ever got was from my clothes!

And as far as recording, use what ya got, do your best, and have fun with it! I also use the Kristal Audio Engine for a DAW, Audacity and SoundEngine for editing, the Kajerhus Classic, GlaceVerb and a few other VST plugins. Total cost....FREE! Check my tunes out, the biggest paid for piece of software was OMB 7.1. Just do it and have a blast!

#161240 - 08/27/05 04:23 AM Re: Logitech home speakers as studio monitors
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
SemiLiveMusic. I have read through the article you gave the link for. I agree with the article, but it's comparing Studio Monitors against Headphones which would cost 1.000 time more. If you are using Studio Monitors in a Studio environment then they would be the choice instead of headphones, but you are talking about cheap Logitech Speakers to monitor a recording...then as have already stated you will be better monitoring on headphones, by all means check your recording afterwards on the logitechs.
I have been involved in Studio Monitoring and a final balance we always checked our mix on a medium quality Hi-Fi system because this is what most people buying the recording would be listening on.

[This message has been edited by Graham UK (edited 08-27-2005).]

#161241 - 08/27/05 06:28 AM Re: Logitech home speakers as studio monitors
Carrie-uk Offline

Loc: England
I use a couple of Yamaha MSP-5's in my modest home recording setup. They're pretty darn cheap for studio monitors and got some great reviews! Here's one:
http://www.recording.org/e-mag/article_102.shtml

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online