SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#15958 - 04/01/03 10:57 AM It is time for WK2oriental to be completely replaced!
sk880user Offline

Loc: United States
Hello everybody,

I strongly believe that WK2 oriental has some of the best oriental sounds and styles (though they are outdated, but still very good quality). However, the western sounds and styles are beyond horrible. The organization of WK2 of how you select the sounds and how you select the styles, and how you change the volume is completely frustrating. This is clearly a very old keyboard. I strongly believe that it is time for GEM to completely replace it. We need a new keyboard of the same price range but has nothing absolutely similar to WK2oriental. Please GEM, this time, do not even support any old sounds/styles from WK2. We do not miss it and we do not want to be reminded of it or anything related to it (except of course the oriental goodies).

Furthermore, I believe, GEM can really do good if they produce a new oriental kit.

Just to put it in context, at one time, WK2oriental was the best deal for money in all oriental keyboards. All musicians who are interested in oriental music have owned and appreciated WK2oriental. But that was the past of course. Time for new keyboard.

#15959 - 04/18/03 02:13 AM Re: It is time for WK2oriental to be completely replaced!
Mosiqaar Offline

Loc: Atlanta, GA, USA
I second that motion (but i dont want to upset any of the STILL wk2OR owners). I owned it for 3 years and loved it and made money using it, but sold it over 6 months ago and owning the x1 before selling it, I dont miss it for a second.

GEM was the leader in oriental keyboards without competition at one point, not from roland, nor Ketron, nor anyone else...am sure they can do it again.

Off course I as a musician would love for all the companies to compete, cause that only means I get a better product and more choices of it.

#15960 - 04/18/03 06:48 AM Re: It is time for WK2oriental to be completely replaced!
vic83 Offline

Loc: Florida
Have you all tryed the WK1 oriental?

and did GEM release that oriental packedge they were talking about for their gensys?

#15961 - 04/18/03 11:00 PM Re: It is time for WK2oriental to be completely replaced!
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
There is still no oriental package that I know of for the Genesys, however, I've been able to get the WK2Iranian styles and drum kit for use with the Genesys and WK6 and WK8 keyboards. Soon, I will have the Iranian styles for the WK1 and WK2 oriental keybaords.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

#15962 - 04/18/03 11:41 PM Re: It is time for WK2oriental to be completely replaced!
PaulD Offline

Loc: Eugene, OR
I understand, unofficially the oriental kit for the Sk series will load on the genesys.

------------------
Paul Davis
Generalmusic
Generalmusic.US

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online